daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Best South-American Skyline
Bogotá - Colombia 97 8.41%
Caracas - Venezuela 109 9.45%
Quito - Ecuador 18 1.56%
Lima- Perú 36 3.12%
La Paz - Bolivia 89 7.71%
Brasilia - Brasil 98 8.49%
Buenos Aires - Argentina 364 31.54%
Santiago - Chile 320 27.73%
Montevideo - Uruguay 23 1.99%
Voters: 1154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 18th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #721
ggonza
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

City of Buenos Aires

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

This photos belong to: ''tj_alan90alan'' | ''Jaguar'' | ''Larry'' - from SSC Argentina

Last edited by ggonza; September 18th, 2009 at 02:33 AM.
ggonza no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #722
Squiggles

Likes (Received): 22

Buenos Aires is my favorite by far.
Squiggles no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #723
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

Likes (Received): 18011

Lima

The other skyline: The Coast
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Back to the Financial Centre
image hosted on flickr

sebvill está en línea ahora  
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #724
Litox08
Carlitox

Likes (Received): 5235

Santiago de Chile!!! Es moderno, elegante, real e integrado a la ciudad!
Litox08 no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:49 AM   #725
SVN2007
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

This thread is totally ridiculous and no sense. Considering only the Capitals , the creator of this thread had the very clear intention to exclude the two biggest Brazilian cities (Rio de Janeiro and Brazil) , which in my opinion ,these two cities would win easily the poll, and in this way, of course that Santiago and Buenos Aires are being the center of the attentions.

Any way , excluding these two Brazilian Cities , Santiago has the better skyline in SA.
But I have realized that 80% of the pictures posted here by the Buenos Aires fans are from “Puerto Madero”. Only….
It seems that only this place in Buenos Aires has skyline. Of course that Bs As has some beautiful places like Recoleta neighborhood, but definitely about skyline , the Argentinean Users are proving that only in Puerto Madero this city has Skyline.

In my humble opinion, Bs As is big city with charm atmosphere however has its problems such as very ugly buildings in downtown and also you see very old cars in the streets which I’ve never seen in another place. Maybe in Havana there are so many old cars than in Buenos Aires. Some users (JmB & Co.) is one of them, said in this thread that São Paulo is a dirty city with ugly buildings . But Buenos Aires doesn’t have any moral to criticize Sao Paulo, because Bs As is as dirty as Sao Paulo in my opinion. I think Boca neighborhood a very ugly and depressive place as SP and all other cities in the world have their ugly places.

Sao Paulo is also a big city with the same problem of Bs As , I mean with ugly buildings but also with modern architecture in a places such as Av. Paulista , Berrini , Ibirapuera and Jardins neighborhood .

Of course that many Argentineans will be upset with this my comments , but sorry, it’s the true.
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #726
tj_alan90alan
Screw the Fuel Economy!

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVN2007 View Post
Any way , excluding these two Brazilian Cities , Santiago has the better skyline in SA.
But I have realized that 80% of the pictures posted here by the Buenos Aires fans are from “Puerto Madero”. Only….
It seems that only this place in Buenos Aires has skyline. Of course that Bs As has some beautiful places like Recoleta neighborhood, but definitely about skyline , the Argentinean Users are proving that only in Puerto Madero this city has Skyline.

In my humble opinion, Bs As is big city with charm atmosphere however has its problems such as very ugly buildings in downtown and also you see very old cars in the streets which I’ve never seen in another place. Maybe in Havana there are so many old cars than in Buenos Aires. Some users (JmB & Co.) is one of them, said in this thread that São Paulo is a dirty city with ugly buildings . But Buenos Aires doesn’t have any moral to criticize Sao Paulo, because Bs As is as dirty as Sao Paulo in my opinion. I think Boca neighborhood a very ugly and depressive place as SP and all other cities in the world have their ugly places.
TROLL!!
tj_alan90alan no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #727
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

Likes (Received): 18011

Is kind of true. The city of Buenos Aires is full of "spam" buldings, just like Sao Paulo. However, I consider Buenos Aires skyline better than any Brazilian skyline BY FAR, including Rio or Sao Paulo. Rio has a nice setting and the skyline in the city centre is great, but most of the tall buildings in the city were build long time ago. In Sao Paulo most tall buildings are ugly and the areas that have new and better skyscrapers dont match Puerto Madero in quality, not even the WTC complex or the E-Tower. So althought Rio and Sampa where in this thread, I think Buenos Aires and Santiago will still be winning. I personally voted for Buenos Aires.
sebvill está en línea ahora  
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #728
meaburroperomerio

Likes (Received): 561

Quote:
This thread is totally ridiculous and no sense. Considering only the Capitals , the creator of this thread had the very clear intention to exclude the two biggest Brazilian cities (Rio de Janeiro and Brazil) , which in my opinion ,these two cities would win easily the poll, and in this way, of course that Santiago and Buenos Aires are being the center of the attentions.

Sao Paulo is also a big city with the same problem of Bs As , I mean with ugly buildings but also with modern architecture in a places such as Av. Paulista , Berrini , Ibirapuera and Jardins neighborhood .

Of course that many Argentineans will be upset with this my comments , but sorry, it’s the true.

There´s not pics only of Puerto Madero, there´s pics of Catalinas, Retiro, San Nicolas, Recoleta, Palermo,Belgrano, etc.
The city has many skylines, not just one, includes the suburvian areas have their very own skylines and I think that theres pics of everywhere in the city, a big part of the city is full of European buildings of beggining of the XX and ends of XIX, not tall buildings, so if we talk about skyline why we are going to show pics of Recoleta or Barrio Norte or San Telmo, etc,, theres beutyful buildings there but short ones.
And I think thetin Santiago is happening the same thing that in Buenos Aires but you don´t see it, Most of the pics of Santiago are from The Golf and Las condes, so??

Last edited by meaburroperomerio; September 19th, 2009 at 07:30 AM.
meaburroperomerio no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:46 AM   #729
tj_alan90alan
Screw the Fuel Economy!

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaburroperomerio View Post
Most of the pics of Santiago are from The Golf and Las condes, so??
he's a troll from brazil.. not from chile.. Bs As & Santiago Rulez!!
tj_alan90alan no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #730
meaburroperomerio

But I haven´t said anything wrong, most of the Pics of Baires are from Palermo, Catalinas, Belgrano and Puerto Madero, but in the case of Santiago most of the pics are from Las Condes and El Golf, so? whats the problem? Most of the pics of New York are from Manhattan( The Upper Esat and west Side, Wold Trade Center) there´s not much pics of Brooklin or Queens... Most of the pics of Rio are from the same place ever, and from San Pablo too, what about that???
Old September 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #731
JmB & Co.

Likes (Received): 461

Quote:

We are not upset with your comment. Its your opinion, but its NOT the truth. Sao paulo is for businness and drugs, Buenos Aires is for LIVING.
Old September 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #732
Unblowable
In the brig

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Unblowable no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #733
ggonza
BANNED

Quote:

You are SO ridiculous

Btw, If you think Boca is so depressing, then I wonder why turists from all around the world go there...
ggonza no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #734
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggonza View Post
You are SO ridiculous

Btw, If you think Boca is so depressing, then I wonder why turists from all around the world go there...
For the same reason that tourist go to see Rocinha in Rio....
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:05 PM   #735
Karolina.

Likes (Received): 8

get outta here, troll.
Every country has beautiful and ugly places but this thread is to discuss about SA skylines, so if you like one better than others then ok, that's ALL you have to say.
Karolina. no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #736
SVN2007
BANNED

Pay Attention

I didn’t only criticize Bs As, I also mentioned that Bs As has a charm atmosphere. For those that felt intimidated with my comments, sorry. Don’t let your nervous dominates you. Try to be rational.
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #737
SVN2007
BANNED

São Paulo

Last edited by SVN2007; September 19th, 2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: typing wrongly
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #738
D.D.
BANNED

Likes (Received): 39

with all due respect but caracas has a few ugly buildings and the althou dense but ugly skyline..

1. Santiago - Pretty modern, well designed skyline, and also great historical buildings
2. Buenos Aires - Modern but the skyline is restricted, but has the best historical buildings in S.A
3. Bogota - Skyline is outdated but still gives a good impression
4. Caracas- Dense skyline but lacks good architecture
D.D. no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #739
meaburroperomerio

Quote:

The same pics of San Pablo,,,, always the same place.

You critic Buenos Aires pics, but includes Buenos Aires has show more diversity of places than San Pablo.
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #740
SVN2007
BANNED

São Paulo II

SVN2007 no está en línea  

Closed Thread