daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Best South-American Skyline
Bogotá - Colombia 97 8.41%
Caracas - Venezuela 109 9.45%
Quito - Ecuador 18 1.56%
Lima- Perú 36 3.12%
La Paz - Bolivia 89 7.71%
Brasilia - Brasil 98 8.49%
Buenos Aires - Argentina 364 31.54%
Santiago - Chile 320 27.73%
Montevideo - Uruguay 23 1.99%
Voters: 1154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #741
SVN2007
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaburroperomerio View Post
The same pics of San Pablo,,,, always the same place.

You critic Buenos Aires pics, but includes Buenos Aires has show more diversity of places than San Pablo.
In these pictures you can see places such as Paulista Avenue, Marginal Pinheiros, Alphaville, Vale do Anhagabau, Ibirapuera Park , Praça da Republica...

And the pictures of Bs As I think that about 80% is from the same place...Puerto Madero
SVN2007 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #742
#obert

Likes (Received): 833

Caracas Skyline

[IMG]http://pro.******************/PC001284.jpg?size=67&uid=7434bc57-f919-461a-ad3e-f0fbde25eaaf&uniqID=630146c1-25ab-4a60-adfc-3336e504d25f[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pro.******************/PC001352.jpg?size=67&uid=63c5af7a-e8e9-419d-bab8-04046edcf6ba&uniqID=5a88466d-d4d3-4ef0-bf41-122bc3522752[/IMG]

#obert no está en línea  
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #743
meaburroperomerio

Likes (Received): 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.D. View Post
with all due respect but caracas has a few ugly buildings and the althou dense but ugly skyline..

1. Santiago - Pretty modern, well designed skyline, and also great historical buildings
2. Buenos Aires - Modern but the skyline is restricted, but has the best historical buildings in S.A
3. Bogota - Skyline is outdated but still gives a good impression
4. Caracas- Dense skyline but lacks good architecture
The skyline of Buenos Aires is where it must be in a city with so many historical buildings, in an area designed for tall buildings, it is called urban planning, doesn´t have anything wrong, I prefer that these neighborhoods exist and not that important historical buildings be mixed with the towers, and the last ones be spread by the whole city.
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #744
meaburroperomerio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVN2007 View Post
In these pictures you can see places such as Paulista Avenue, Marginal Pinheiros, Alphaville, Vale do Anhagabau, Ibirapuera Park , Praça da Republica...

And the pictures of Bs As I think that about 80% is from the same place...Puerto Madero
San Pablo pics, always the same place, always the same buildings, always, always, always.... The same critic that you do, the same thing you do....
Old September 19th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #745
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
San Pablo pics, always the same place, always the same buildings, always, always, always.... The same critic that you do, the same thing you do....
Buenos Aires has beautiful places such as Puerto Madero, Recoleta Neighborhood,
9 Julio Avenue… And I think Galeria Pacifico in Florida Street – Downtown – a very charm place for shopping. And Sal Telmo Fair is a interesting place too.
But in this tread about Skyline , you have to admit that most of pictures from Bs As are from Puerto Madero place.
I am saying it only to you see that I am not only criticize Bs As. I know your city. Both cities Bs As / SP have the good and bad places as well as the most of big cities in the world.
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #746
meaburroperomerio

^
I´m sory but nobody is talking about city problems!! jajjajajja,

I´ve posted pics of Palermo, Belgrano, Puerto Madero, Catalinas, Retito, etc

PD: San pablo, the same pics one and one more time,,,,,
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #747
Bonaerense24
Juanma

Likes (Received): 17628

Quote:

Sao Paulo is not included in this poll, you have another thread for brazilian skylines, ist such a huge country that deserves its own thread. I tell you this because you seem to have some kind of comprehension issue. What does dirt and old cars have to do with the skyline my friend? focus on the topic of the thread if you dont want to receive nasty answers.
Bonaerense24 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #748
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
^
I´m sory but nobody is talking about city problems!! jajjajajja,

I´ve posted pics of Palermo, Belgrano, Puerto Madero, Catalinas, Retito, etc

PD: San pablo, the same pics one and one more time,,,,,
You are very ignorant !!! The same pictures of SP ? I have posted pictures from Marginal Pinheiros, Paulista Avenue , Vale do Anhagabau, Alphavilla, Viaduto do Chá , Berrini Avenue, Faria Lima , Jardins....
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:32 AM   #749
meaburroperomerio

I´m a ignorant? if you want I can quote all the post of Buenos Aires and give a class of the neighborhoods, because you keep on saying that all the pics are from Puero Madero and I know that I´ve post from others neighborhoods too.

If I have to be sincere, San Pablo´s skyline is important in quantity but if we talk about the buildings by their owns,,,,,, mmmmmmmmmm
I prefer Santiago´s, Buenos Aires´s and Lima´s buildigs, better designs from my point of view.

pd: In just one neighborhood in Buenos Aires you can find Norman Foster´s designs, Pelli´s, Ott´s, Calatraba´s, etc, etc, etc, so? Why we shouldn´t be proud of it!! And I insist that what you´ve said isn´t true, theres pics of Retiro, Recoleta, Palermo, Belgrano, etc, there´s more pics of Puerto Madero, but there´s from the other neighborhoods too.
But if we talk about city problems in particular, San Pablo isn´t the best example of anything my dear!

Last edited by meaburroperomerio; September 20th, 2009 at 01:43 AM.
meaburroperomerio no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:37 AM   #750
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
I´m a ignorant? if you want I can quote all the post of Buenos Aires and give a class of the neighborhoods, because you keep on saying that all the pics are from Puero Madero and I know that I´ve post from others neighborhoods too.

If I have to be sincere, San Pablo´s skyline is important in quantity but if we talk about the buildings by their owns,,,,,, mmmmmmmmmm
I prefer Santiago, Buenos Aires and Lima´s buildigs, better designs from my point of view.

pd: In just one neighborhood in Buenos Aires you can find Norman Foster´s designs, Pelli´s, Ott´s, Calatraba´s, etc, etc, etc, so? Why we shouldn´t be proud of it!! And I insist that what you´ve said isn´t true, theres pics of Retiro, Recoleta, Palermo, Belgrano, etc, there´s more pics of Puerto Madero, but there´s from the other neighborhoods too.
But if we talk about city problems in particular, San Pablo isn´t the best example of anything my dear!
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #751
meaburroperomerio

I don´t need your oppinion,, I have my own.

PD:And from my point of view Barcelona is the best city in the world.
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #752
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
I don´t need your oppinion,, I have my own.

PD:And from my point of view Barcelona is the best city in the world.
of course that I was being Ironic saying ..."Bs As is the best city in the world" ... How did you take serious my comment ????
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #753
meaburroperomerio

^
I haven´t take you serious from the beggining, you are not seriuous, you´re too much ignorant to be serious.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #754
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
^
I haven´t take you serious from the beggining, you are not seriuous, you´re too much ignorant to be serious.

ah ah ah don't be nervous with my comments .... take it easy before you have heart attack !! your ******* !!!

Last edited by SVN2007; September 20th, 2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: ty
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:36 AM   #755
meaburroperomerio

You have attack me first,,,,, jajajjajaj,,,, but you know what? With someone who lives in his imaginary world like you, better not say anything else!! Go to dream, be carfully with straitjackets!!! jajjaja

Last edited by meaburroperomerio; September 20th, 2009 at 01:41 AM.
meaburroperomerio no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:43 AM   #756
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
You have attack me first,,,,, jajajjajaj,,,, but you know what? With someone who lives in his imaginary world like you, better not say anything else!! Go to dream, be carfully with straitjackets!!! jajjaja

Yes , I say the same for you .... you are in living in the Paradise City , aren't you ???
SVN2007 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #757
tj_alan90alan
Screw the Fuel Economy!

Likes (Received): 1109

Quote:
ah ah ah don't be nervous with my comments .... take it easy before you have heart attack !! your ******* !!!
if we are gonna speak bout ugly buildings.. sao paulo has more ugly buildings than all the latinoamerican countries.. ´

its a mess!

and .. this .. is CATALINAS (the financial district of Bs As).. its not Puerto Madero :

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

THIS IS PUERTO MADERO ..

image hosted on flickr

[IMG]http://i29.************/2s97pkx.png[/IMG]

tj_alan90alan no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #758
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

Likes (Received): 18091

Sao Paulo is not in the poll so sorry SVN2007 but those pictures dont belong here. I personally did a thread about Brazilian skylines, so you are invited to put your pictures there, if you dont try to ruin that thread too of course.

meaburroperomerio: No le hagas caso.
sebvill no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 03:52 AM   #759
ggonza
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Buenos Aires has beautiful places such as Puerto Madero, Recoleta Neighborhood,
9 Julio Avenue… And I think Galeria Pacifico in Florida Street – Downtown – a very charm place for shopping. And Sal Telmo Fair is a interesting place too.
But in this tread about Skyline , you have to admit that most of pictures from Bs As are from Puerto Madero place.
I am saying it only to you see that I am not only criticize Bs As. I know your city. Both cities Bs As / SP have the good and bad places as well as the most of big cities in the world.
OMG LOL

What part of Skyline don't you get?

What the hell does a Shopping Mall have to do with It? Huh?

Btw, If you think most of the Buenos Aires pictures shown are from Puerto Madero (which is not true), I bet It's because your jealous, and you pay atention to them (please don't answer saying: ''Oh! Like If I'd be jealous of that!? Never visited New York?... bla bla!'')

Please stop being annoying

Thanks!
ggonza no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2009, 04:03 AM   #760
ggonza
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by americano View Post
Hello everyone, I did not take these pictures, I just collected them from different sites. I thought that people needed more pictures to decide. I live in NYC, and have visit most of the cities in SA, NA and Europe. I think BA and Rio are the most beautiful cities in the south, but I can say that all cities has their special charm, in different ways, and Caracas is definitely one of the most beautiful and has one of the most sparkling skyline in america. Enjoy

I wonder If they are going to change the Pepsi logo of that building, now that It has recently changed...
ggonza no está en línea  

Closed Thread