daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #581
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53485

Ground Broken For The Benjamin At One Seaport Square

Quote:
SEAPORT—Following its official groundbreaking this morning, more details are out on the titanic One Seaport Square, including the names of its composite towers: "Plans include a total of 832 units, with 354 distinctive apartment homes in The Benjamin, ranging from studios to three-bedrooms, and 458 modern apartment homes in VIA, ranging from studios to innovation units to three-bedrooms." The complex's retail will include a ShowPlace ICON movie theater, an Equinox gym and Kings Bowl bowling alley.

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:06 AM   #582
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

45 Stuart

IMG_9207 by kz1000ps, on Flickr
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 09:10 AM   #583
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

100 Pier 4

IMG_1237 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:33 PM   #584
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Harbor Garage Opponents Present Smaller, Shorter Options

Quote:
The proposals for the big-time redevelopment of the Boston Harbor Garage seem destined to change now because of vociferous community opposition. After an initial burst of optimism last summer that something would finally be built worthy of the prime waterfront location, it looks like the original two-tower plan, including one of more than 600 feet, will be scrapped in favor of something smaller or at least significantly different.

The latest bit adding to the aura of inevitable change comes via a recent presentation hosted by the Boston Redevelopment Authority. That presentation included renderings of alternative scopes and designs for the Harbor Garage site:
The NIMBY-approved alternative could be complete crap!

Old December 6th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #585
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Here We Go Again with Long-Stalled Fenway Center

Quote:
Developer John Rosenthal has been trying for eons to construct the five-building mega-complex known as Fenway Center at Brookline and Commonwealth avenues in the busy, busy neighborhood of similar name. Yet each leap forward for the apartment-and-retail development has proved short-lived, whether because of financial constraints or persnickety neighbors. Well, Rosenthal is trying again, this time with a notable new name in the mix.

The Globe's Casey Ross reports that Rosenthal is pursuing a partnership with Gerding Edlen that "could finally jump-start construction of the $550 million complex" slated to rise in part over the Mass. Pike. You know Gerding Edlen: They're the hip Portland, Ore.-based developer behind such Boston projects as 315 on A in Fort Point (and its 20-Minute Living concept) and the recently ground-broken 6 New Street in Eastie. Whether Gerding Edlen's presence moves Fenway Center forward remains to be seen. But Rosenthal already has the support of the Walsh administration, the state and the Mass. DOT. All systems go. Again.

Old December 6th, 2014, 03:54 AM   #586
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Nothing Stopping East Boston's 6 New Street Project Now

Quote:
Everyone knows that East Boston is having a moment. Further evidence comes in the form of an official groundbreaking scheduled for Wednesday morning: that of 6 New Street, the waterfront development that almost didn't happen.

Recall that as 2014 dawned, the 4-acre eyesore at 6-26 New Street sat dormant. The site, which included an old industrial building, had been all set to be redeveloped into a complex with 163 apartments, dozens of hotel rooms and a water-taxi landing—a big, bold exclamation point at the end of the city's plans for Eastie's waterfront in general. Well, those plans just kind of came and went with the outgoing Menino administration, and the New Street site itself kind of languished in financial limbo.

Enter Portland, Ore.-based developer Gerding Edlen. The folks behind Fort Point's Factory 63 and its innovation units as well as 315 on A and its 20-Minute Living stepped in in January with similarly ambitious plans at what's now being called, simply, 6 New Street: up to 259 studio, 1-BR and 2-BR apartments in two buildings, one 16 stories, the other seven four; a new water-taxi dock; up to 155 parking spaces; and a 12-foot-wide extension of the Harbor Walk in that area.

[...]

Old December 6th, 2014, 03:58 AM   #587
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

New Millennium Tower render:

http://boston.curbed.com/archives/20...-rendering.php

11/25

Boston Downtown Crossing by dchu70, on Flickr

Amrafel, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by desertpunk; December 12th, 2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old December 12th, 2014, 03:29 AM   #588
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Envoy Hotel

Envoy Hotel by snagshead67, on Flickr

Old December 12th, 2014, 03:31 AM   #589
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

AVA 45 Stuart St.

IMG_3855 by snagshead67, on Flickr

VDB, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old December 12th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #590
princecharming555

Likes (Received): 16

It includes commercial, residential, and a stunning new all-glass metro station which i like the most.

princecharming555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2014, 10:40 PM   #591
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

MassDOT Considers Move To Tremont Crossing Development

Quote:
The Massachusetts Department of Transportation is negotiating to move its downtown Park Square offices to a $350 million development in Roxbury, a blockbuster deal that could shake up the real estate markets in both neighborhoods.

The Boston Redevelopment Authority on Thursday was scheduled to take up a land transfer that would pave the way for construction of a new State Transportation Building in the long-delayed Tremont Crossing project near Dudley Square and Ruggles Station.

That would free up its current headquarters at the heart of Park Square. The block-long Transportation Building is likely to trigger huge interest from the city’s real estate community. Emerson College has already said it would like to acquire or lease space in the massive building.

Meanwhile, the state agency’s relocation to Tremont Street, across from the Boston Police Department headquarters, would offer a huge boost to steadily unfolding efforts to revitalize Roxbury. In addition to helping fill parcels that have been vacant for decades, the transportation building would bring thousands of office workers to the neighborhood, at a time when several developments would add dozens of retail stores, several hotels, and hundreds of homes to that section of Roxbury.

Governor Deval Patrick has been trying to finalize the deal in the waning days of his administration.

[...]

Old January 8th, 2015, 11:05 AM   #592
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Millennium Tower - 12/19

IMG_0220 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

IMG_0216 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

IMG_0214 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

Old January 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM   #593
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

One Greenway

IMG_0268 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

IMG_0270 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

Old January 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM   #594
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Seaport Square towers

IMG_0290 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

IMG_0298 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

IMG_0320 by kz1000ps, on Flickr

IMG_0328 by kz1000ps, on Flickr
Old January 8th, 2015, 06:08 PM   #595
msquaredb

Likes (Received): 359

I have the hardest time orienting myself in images of Boston. I feel like the skyline doesn't have a well defined nucleus or boundary, but I think that is an awesome characteristic. I hope to visit and get familiar with some of the perspectives in these images.

The EDM Student

msquaredb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:02 PM   #596
DZH22

Likes (Received): 2113

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredb View Post
I have the hardest time orienting myself in images of Boston. I feel like the skyline doesn't have a well defined nucleus or boundary, but I think that is an awesome characteristic. I hope to visit and get familiar with some of the perspectives in these images.
Don't worry, it all makes perfect sense after you have explored the hell out of it for about 5 years straight. Otherwise, I could see why you might have some confusion!

One analogy I like to make is if you gave a kindergartener a ruler and told them to draw a grid, you get Cambridge. Then if you take the ruler away, you get downtown Boston!

msquaredb, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #597
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredb View Post
It's actually not too complicated. The bulk of the skyline is in the financial district, but the tallest towers are, and will be, along Boylston St. Knowing the geography definitely helps .

aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 03:30 AM   #598
robertwood

Likes (Received): 321

TOO MUCH GLASS!

Old Boston is beautiful. But glass curtained skyscrapers are too common and are diluting the good architecture. They don't say Boston. While I am glad to see people moving back to American cities I wish the buildings were more interesting.

robertwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2015, 03:45 AM   #599
minsamol

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertwood View Post
Old Boston is beautiful. But glass curtained skyscrapers are too common and are diluting the good architecture. They don't say Boston. While I am glad to see people moving back to American cities I wish the buildings were more interesting.
Well we don't have much glass in Boston so that's fine...

minsamol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2015, 12:06 AM   #600
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Boston's Tallest Building in Nearly 40 Years to Break Ground

Quote:
We have known for more than half a year that 1 Dalton Street, the tallest part of the mega-project in the Christian Science Plaza, would stretch to 699 feet when it's finished. That is a phenomenal height by both contemporary and historical standards—contemporary because it's damned near impossible to build anything taller than 200 feet in Boston these days; and historical because no new building has soared so high since the Hancock was finished in the mid-1970s. Here it comes, though.

Cambridge-based developer Carpenter & Company will formally break ground on the 61-story spire on Wednesday at 6PM. Also in attendance will be execs from the Four Seasons as the tower shall officially be known as the Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences One Dalton Street, with both the 211 hotel rooms and 180 condos inside eligible for the same hospitality services.

[...]

Tags
boston