daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #81
Cojapo

Likes (Received): 50

Today by me
Cojapo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2008, 03:22 AM   #82
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

Apple store near completion (opens 6PM thursday); you can't argue that it looks damn STUNNING!

image hosted on flickr
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #83
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

A couple of new updates this week:

West End Apartments (formerly Charles River Park) new construction near completion:

New Northeastern dorms (look hideous )

New BU dorms (look a lot better than that Northeastern crap!)

Old May 27th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #84
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

And the lowrise update:

Battery Wharf nearing completion:

Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:50 AM   #85
DShoost88

Likes (Received): 885

Ladies and Gentlemen of skyscraper city, I introduce to you my 100+ photo-tour of the currently u/c mid-rise project at Northeastern University, the 1200-bed housing and mixed-use wonder: Parcel 18.

And here... we... GO!

[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/dshoost_88/IMG_0302.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/dshoost_88/IMG_0303.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/dshoost_88/IMG_0305.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/dshoost_88/IMG_0306.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/dshoost_88/IMG_0308.jpg[/IMG

Please, feel free to shoot me any questions you have about the project. The tour was EXTREMELY informative, and frankly going on a tour like this really gives you an even greater appreciation for the detail and craftsmanship that goes into under-taking such a large project (and to think this is only a mid-rise, compared to what's going on in major cities around the globe).
DShoost88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:40 AM   #86
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Nice job, the white exterior looks nice and quite tall, but the brown part is a major letdown, it looks ultra cheap. Of course, most here don't care about the interior, just the exterior but if the interior is great, that's a nice bonus!

Also, a little problem: some of your image tags aren't complete, you need to finish them to post them. I'll post them for now, if you post them later I'll edit them out.

Old July 7th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #87
stewartrama
the stoop- little jackie

Likes (Received): 13

*sigh* i wish NY was a little more like boston, ie: beacon hill, back bay *sigh*

bostons a great city, beautiful, with a timeless sense.

Last edited by stewartrama; July 8th, 2008 at 02:30 AM.
stewartrama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #88
mbuildings
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

stunning projects !!!!!
mbuildings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #89
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Boston's skyline is much bigger than you think!

Old July 8th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #90
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

New 28 story tower in Downtown Crossing announced:

New Downtown Crossing development proposed
July 8, 2008 12:19 PM

A New York developer today unveiled plans for a $200 million housing-retail development in Downtown Crossing, a key milestone in the city’s effort to revitalize the central shopping district.

Midwood Management Corp., which has quietly acquired several properties in the neighborhood over the past few years, said it plans to build 200 units of luxury apartments, in addition to three floors of retail space at the corner of Bromfield and Washington streets. The company, which plans to file formal plans with the Boston Redevelopment Authority this week, said it hopes to begin construction in 2010.

The privately owned developer owns 100 properties spanning more than 3.5 million square feet nationwide, but the development would be its first for the Boston area. The company said it hopes to begin construction in 2010.
(By Todd Wallack, Globe Staff)

http://www.boston.com/business/ticke...wntown_cr.html
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #91
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Fan Pier crane finally up:

image hosted on flickr

303 Third St, Cambridge:

New MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) buildings in Cambridge:

New plaza in Cambridge:

W Hotel:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Two Boston streetscape pics:

45 Province has topped out, Columbus Center is asking for more public funding but probably not getting it (currently stalled), the Clarendon is rising at the 7th floor (35 floor tower), the Apple store opened, relocating City Hall is going nowhere, south station tower is delayed some more (early 2009 start, it keeps getting pushed back, 700 feet), west end apartments new construction has opened; Boston is truly on the rise!
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #92
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartrama View Post
*sigh* i wish NY was a little more like boston, ie: beacon hill, back bay *sigh*

bostons a great city, beautiful, with a timeless sense.
Boston has so many amazing parts, even in the lesser known parts, Allston is nice to walk around, unexpected density but so many nice streetcar suburbs, row houses, densly packed 3 deckers; the South End has ultra dense row houses, Boston is North America's city of pure density!
Old July 8th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #93
Tim999
K9 XXX

Likes (Received): 549

I'm content when I see all these photos from Boston, but someone must happen to designed "New Northeastern dorms" and built it - according to me the architecture of this building is horrible. The substancial mistake for city council was to give a building permit. More responsibility for city image!
Krakow is the second largest city in Poland. It is not only an administrative center of the Małopolskie Voivodship, but also an intra-regional scientific and economic center - a valuable partner for its investors. The economic significance of Krakow is reinforced by the demographic potential of the region - approximately 8 million people live within a 100 km radius of the city | krakow.pl
Tim999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:14 AM   #94
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

They were rushed through because the city was going to revoke the usage rights for the parcel if they didn't build something soon, and it got special favors since its an LEED-certified (green) building. Anyway its not located in the center, but it will stand out as an ugly landmark for Northeastern University. Boston University's new high rise dorms look much better, and many other colleges are building highrises that look good, but NEU dropped the ball on this .
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:37 AM   #95
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Updated article on new 28-story tower in Downtown Crossing:

New Downtown Crossing development proposed
July 8, 2008 12:19 PM

A New York developer plans to build a $200 million housing-retail development in Downtown Crossing, a key milestone in the city’s effort to revitalize the central shopping district, Mayor Thomas M. Menino said today.

Midwood Management Corp. said it plans to build 200 luxury apartments, in addition to three floors of retail space at the corner of Bromfield and Washington streets, where it has acquired several buildings.

The development would replace buildings that are currently home to several stores, including Payless ShoeSource and City Sports.

The company, which is expected to file formal plans for the 28-story building with the Boston Redevelopment Authority this week, said it hopes to begin construction in 2010.

"We believe rental housing has a role in downtown Boston's continuing growth," said Paul Davis, a senior vice president of privately owned Midwood Management. "We looked at condos, but we think rental housing is more appropriate for us."

Menino used the news to highlight the stream of development projects underway in Boston. He said that there are $4 billion in projects under way.

"Despite the national economic (slowdown), Boston's economy is strong," Menino said.

Midwood Management, which generally keeps a low profile, owns 100 properties with more than 3.5 million square feet nationwide, but the development would be the firm's first for the Boston area.

Midwood Management normally retains properties that it develops, rather than selling them to other investors, and it plans to do the same with the project proposed for Downtown Crossing.

Davis, the Midwood Management executive, said that the firm hopes to work with several tenants, including City Sports and the Bromfield Pen Shop, to accommodate them in the new building, which is expected to have 60,000 square feet allocated to retail space.

"We will try to accommodate tenants if we can," Davis said. "There will be new tenants and there will be relocation of tenants."
(By Todd Wallack, Globe staff)

http://www.boston.com/business/ticke...wntown_cr.html
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #96
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

The Clarendon:

1330 Boylston:

Old July 16th, 2008, 05:24 AM   #97
DShoost88

The following images and info pertains to a planned 47-story upper-class condominium tower to go up at Copley Place in Boston, right above the Neiman Marcus (which is to be expanded). The project's proposed height is 579' and is to be located at the southeast corner of Dartmouth and Stuart Street. I'll apologize now for the quality.

Back in my day... (about 1981)... this is what "Copley Place" looked like.

Lastly, although I entered the meeting late, I took the following notes from the last half an hour of questions. (NOTE: '-' indicates community member asking question; '+' indicates knowledgeable person behind the project committee answering it)

BRA meeting
47-floor condo for Copley

-some concern over winter garden... Getting rid of open air space.
+opinion that the plaza is under-utilized, architect believes glass provides plenty of "open space" to the plaza... May be more inviting. More a garden, more vegetation, all about curb appeal. Lighting is important, sidewalk cafe is good for this space.
-guy thinks garden looks "weak, not good for people"; concerned about long term effects to SW corridor park.
+The team welcomes the guy's comments, but agrees they need to discuss further.
-(last question) Kurt sees pos and neg potential with this sight. What's the community's levarage with site? Maids quarters don't count as affordable housing... This shouldn't be all about the big boys $$$. South endies are conceded about the narrow sidewalks.--> improve the sidewalk, a lot of concern over little details.
+CAC will get into more detail with community. Detailing of sidewalk requires more input from community.
+Pro-development dude doesn't think a super-rich condo is necessary. If this is for Neiman Marcus, then just leave it to Neiman. Talks schematics of street-width, how it's very, very close to the street. If you're talking value for the bldg, u need height, which leaves a big question mark.
-Gene is concerned about aesthetics, community events, and the arts...
+They will proceed over the next few meetings to address those details.
Old July 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #98
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Here's some more renders of the Copley Place tower, from archboston by kz100ps

Old July 30th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #99
DShoost88

For all the Apple nuts out there, I took this one earlier of the Boylston Apple Store.
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:34 AM   #100
NorthaBmore

Likes (Received): 7

When is the Trans National Place going to begin construction

Tags
boston