daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #41
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

I don't like it.

It look to much like waves!
44p no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:24 PM   #42
santoshw75
Santosh

Likes (Received): 0

awesome...one more supertall!!
though the side views look dramatic, Im curious to see the view of the longer side,from the plan looks like it is gonna be a huge mass
santoshw75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:33 AM   #43
India101

Likes (Received): 2632

I like it! It will fit in well with the rest of Mumbais skyline!
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2008, 02:03 AM   #44
India101

Umm...I dont no if its ture but the Sanjay Puri website's name for this tower is now Keystone.
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #45
**RS**

Likes (Received): 50791

Wow! Mumbai is booming! I like modern indian architecture

MY CITY SEVASTOPOL: PROJECTS & CONSTRUCTION | CITYSCAPES || URBANITY IN RUSSIA
**RS** no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM   #46
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

Very crazy but nice shape and curves! Needs some other colour on facade...

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #47
achemsRaZor
Realty Bytes

Hey - any updates on this tower?
Old November 24th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #48
alexcheetah

interesting design, and I know this might be just a coincidence, but I tend to find it a bit to similar to Aqua in Chicago, even in terms of names, Aqua, Waves??
alexcheetah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #49
burjdubai91
Visionary

Likes (Received): 96

I actually like the building's design... very unique and surely matches its setting, which seems to be the main problem of many supertalls today because they look too out of place... though I agree that it looks shorter than 300 m. But I like it more for its aesthetic appeal than its height so by all means build it!!! haha

My 3D Design Thread
PD Architecture and 3D Visualization

My Portfolio
https://www.behance.net/ptrckdsign
burjdubai91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2009, 03:51 AM   #50
bodmon

Don't like the design. Just looks weird
bodmon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #51
India101

After many years, we have an update.

Thanks to Indian member Jai for posting before:

--

Sanjay Puri recently won a commendation for this building at the MIPIM (Marché International des Professionnels d'Immobilier) awards

From

Quote:
It’s still raining awards for Sanjay Puri Architects! Three of the firm’s Mumbai projects have won commendations at the 9th MIPIM Architectural Review Future Projects Awards 2011. The awards function was held on March 9, 2011, at Cannes with participation from 27 countries. Sanjay Puri Architects were the only firm globally to win commendations in three different categories from the eight categories that the awards are given in.

Waves, an 80-storey residential project, won the third commendation for the Mumbai architect. The building derives its form from the outline of the crests of the waves of the sea. Linear undulating balconies run along the length of this residential building, offering unrestricted views of the sea. Fluid balcony decks traverse the length and extend out at upper levels to create sky gardens overlooking the sea. Here, the judges applauded the creation of landscaped spaces within the built form.

Quote:
The developers for this residential project required a mix of luxury apartments ranging from 150 sqm to 500 sqm. Based on the percentages it was decided to house them in 4 wings. The site has views of the sea on the South-West as well as the North-West, located almost on the coast line.

The different wings are arranged linearly traversing the site in a manner that creates a large garden space on the North-West, that is shielded by the building from the southern side thus allowing the garden to be used throughout the day as it gets indirect sunlight. Each of the apartments is planned to facilitate cross ventilation and the Southern face of the building is provided with vertical screen panels to reduce heat gain while the northern side has large glass windows.

The orientation of the buildings and all the apartments capitalizes on the sea view towards the North-West and every room in each apartment of this development gets an uninterrupted view of the ocean. Curvilinear balcony spaces front the entire North-Western side creating a transitory space between the inside of the apartment and the outside. The curvilinear balconies rippling along the entire length of the building along with the sky gardens create more elevated open spaces than the ground area covered by the building and thus the built form generates more landscaped space than its site. Rising up from 40 floors on the South-East to 80 floors on the South-West corner, the largest apartments occupy the corner with the best views of the sea. In addition to the large landscaped garden created within the site, the building is punctuated with 6 level high terrace gardens at the upper levels fronting the sea.

Slight rotation of angles in the balcony profiles ensures more natural light to them and the rooms within from the Northern side while simultaneously creating a partial area with increased protection, thus giving the users a choice of sitting more in the open, like a terrace, or in a more sheltered space that is yet outdoors. Waves is a residential development that is of a high density with the built-up area (126,000 Sq m) being five times the size of its plot (25,000 Sq m). The design creates landscaped spaces at the community level and at the individual level with its large podium garden, elevated sky gardens and individual balcony spaces orienting each apartment to face the sea towards the north making a building that responds to its site and the climate of its location effectively.
Old August 6th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #52
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8163

Pretty brutal. All will depend on the quality of the materials.

Last edited by El_Greco; August 6th, 2011 at 03:35 AM.
El_Greco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 03:33 AM   #53
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8237

looks <300m to me. i think it may be around 250m. the design is very unique, but kinda strange
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote