daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Old January 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #61
Ged
If I come back my ISP will be contacted

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awayo View Post
Serious? Unfortunately I am. Adman is also being serious, he invites us to believe: about a real person in a real legal action, he informs us. Your post, especially in that context, looks like it might be viewed by some as incitement to violence. The law isn't interested in your idea of what is a joke or not. Stupid post, Ged.

Stupid post ?..Sort it out FFS..
Its a fuckin Joke and does not in any way Interfere with any Legal case..
Has Adman replied to it in any way..No he hasn't..So he is not Implicated in anything..It Is My Joke and you are making something out of nothing..as fuckin usual.
You want to be as fuckin quick off the mark Awayo with all the snidey comments directed at Accy Matalan or whatever his name is..
Or Is he another you would rather not have on your fuckin snobby stuck up Forum...I'll leave here when I want to..And not because YOU or anyone else wants to get shut of certain people because you reckon this is a bit of an Elitist Liverpool Group..Ive said it before mate.and I'll say it again in case you missed it..I put photos on here for the same people to comment on..I will leave this Forum when these people stop commenting on my pics..
The Quicker you realise that the Quicker you will understand that your little digs at having a go at me go in one ear and straight out the other..
OK...Happy New Year.
Ged no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old January 4th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #62
Awayo
Man of Peas

Likes (Received): 567

glad you enjoyed the bogus literacy Ads. I'll stick with Ged's post being ill advised though.

Anyway scousers are good at writing. Apart from Carla Lane. And Jimmy McGovern imo.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM   #63
adman
BANNED

Quote:
glad you enjoyed the bogus literacy Ads. I'll stick with Ged's post being ill advised though.
Why are you narked with me? What have I done to upset you? Who has Noddy Holder sideburns nowadays?
Gerard was obviously having a laugh. I know you can't accept this, but I've gone past caring and any of your replies will go unanswered. It's just so silly
adman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM   #64
Ged

Quote:

Anyway scousers are good at writing. Apart from Carla Lane. And Jimmy McGovern imo.

Last edited by Ged; January 6th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #65
Ged

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman View Post
Why are you narked with me? What have I done to upset you? Who has Noddy Holder sideburns nowadays?
Gerard was obviously having a laugh. I know you can't accept this, but I've gone past caring and any of your replies will go unanswered. It's just so silly

adman..Im sorry for dragging you Into this mate.That was a Joke and not meant in any way to Interfere with any Legal case you have going.
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:07 AM   #66
woody
Liverpool + Urmston

Likes (Received): 174

HMS Liverpool

Thanks Kenny for two great pics, according to the DP today HMS Albion is in port and the crew have been getting p***ed down at the Baltic Fleet
Old January 5th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #67
adman
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged View Post
adman..Im sorry for dragging you Into this mate.That was a Joke and not meant in any way to Interfere with any Legal case you have going.
No need to apologise mate. Any fool knew you were having a laugh. If anyone needs to apologise it's Awayo for not knowing anyone has Noddy Holder sideburns to pull anymore. "Noddy Holder sidey's"

Actually Awayo, you don't need to aplologise, because it's pathetic. If you want to hijack a post to have a pop at Ged, do it somewhere else please.

Or how about starting a post of your own to have a go at him? Much simpler mate. Lance the boil and get it over with.
adman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 01:40 AM   #68
Awayo
Man of Peas

Likes (Received): 567

Thanks Ads. I'd rather not start a thread right now on it. My reply weren't having a go with you, in fact I was agreeing with your pisstake of my grammatical pretensions, whilst sticking with my ticking off of Ged - clearly a nice man - hence my sharpness.

Anyways, I gave Ged some advice in response to what I thought was a badly judged post. Ged is right to disagree. He has responded as it happens.

And I disagree with his response, of course.
Awayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #69
kennyrouge
blank

Likes (Received): 233

Cheers Woody, do you know where it is docked ?
kennyrouge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #70
robinsonky1
BS3008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloyne View Post
In the mid 90's and she anchored mid-river and tendered with a Mersey ferry. She visited more than once and I have pictures (up north) of the plaques from the MD&HC and City of Liverpool which were presented to the ship commemorating the initial visit to the port and city.
Okay, thought it might be recent. She isn't on the schedule here (Cayman) any more, presumed she'd been retired then saw the photo.
robinsonky1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #71
sloyne
Help find Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonky1 View Post
Okay, thought it might be recent. She isn't on the schedule here (Cayman) any more, presumed she'd been retired then saw the photo.
No, she employs on an eastern Med itinerary in summer (April-November) and South America in the winter. She was cruising the British Isles when she was first launched in 1996 and had a very interesting repositioning itinerary. She left Southampton for Boston via Cork, Dublin, Liverpool, Belfast, Lerwick and Reykjavik.
sloyne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #72
kennyrouge
blank

Old January 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM   #73
kennyrouge
blank

the biggest ship to visit the mersey,thought the tonnage was more than that,but there you go.

dwt is 322,000 tons

Last edited by kennyrouge; January 9th, 2008 at 01:28 AM.
Old January 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #74
kennyrouge
blank

this article is taken from an issue of 'sea breezes' dated april 98.
written by ex (?) mersey river pilot John curry.
ive posted it in this form because the pdf that i made went awol on my puter

Old January 8th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #75
PhilG
Liverpool

Likes (Received): 9

Cheers

Thanks for posting that Kenny, i love seeing the ACL's at Seaforth so i like the comment about the 'ACL waltz'.

My Grandad used to pick me and my Brother up every Sunday to drive us to their house, for years i thought he lived miles away because we always went via the docks, i remember some big chimneys, three sisters or something....anyway it wasn't until i was allowed out on my own that i found out that they lived around the corner, literally 2 minutes away!!
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #76
kennyrouge
blank

Cheers Phil,its funny how everything seems so big when your a nipper and just going to new brighton seems like the end of the world.there is a website with lots of pictures of the 'Acl waltz' but i cant get on it at the moment ,my fave mersey box boats for sure
Old January 9th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #77
kennyrouge
blank

the v.l.c.c 'chaumont' inbound for tranmere

after discharging 'being swung seaward'

and outbound up the mersey

Old January 9th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #78
PhilG
Liverpool

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrouge View Post
the v.l.c.c 'chaumont' inbound for tranmere
Kenny, this site is bringing back so many memories for me, i used to live in a flat with a balcony overlooking the Mersey, i used to love watching the big tankers coming to Shell, i was always amazed watching the tugs doing the 'push/pull' to turn the big buggers around, i now live in Childwall over looking a school
Old January 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #79
Ged

Kenny,I'd just like to geg in and say you are doing a fantastic job keeping this great thread going,keep it up kenny..please.
Old January 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #80
sloyne
Help find Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged View Post
Kenny,I'd just like to geg in and say you are doing a fantastic job keeping this great thread going,keep it up kenny..please.
Ditto!
sloyne no está en línea   Reply With Quote