daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 29th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #201
DJ_Archuleta

Likes (Received): 28

How in the world does the Chinese government can make one city center at a very fast rate??? Is it because the Free Trade Zone's contribution??
Hopefully Batam, Bintan and Karimun would follow their path ..

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #202
urheimait

Likes (Received): 3

I´m scared that the oversupply of office buildings finally left empty most of the skyscrapers...
urheimait no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #203
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

Quote:
Originally Posted by whonose View Post
Is it just me - since I am new to this particular thread - but it seems that there seems to be a new Chinese supertall announced every week???

And sometimes not just a supertall but a whole entire city plan? It looks like China is building a new city centre every month!
One supertall every 7-9 days is the average, yup

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #204
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

SHENZHEN | Shenzhen International Trade Center (Approved): 400m, 88 floors. This project has been recently relaunched from the dead proposal of Greater China Twin Towers, but not much is known about it by the moment. Supposed to be approved. Thread

New renders posted by saturnspace. Rumour claims this tower might reach 600m.

I love it so much. It looks so... evil?

Old May 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #205
whonose

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
[center]

Will it cost... one million dollars?
whonose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #206
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Su Ning Supertall for Wuxi has been released after 1 year of rumours. 80~ floors.

Proposal 1
[img]http://p14.*********/p.aspx?u=v20_p14_p_0805301233131652_0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://p15.*********/p.aspx?u=v20_p15_p_0805301233357278_0.jpg[/img]

Proposal 2
[img]http://p14.*********/p.aspx?u=v20_p14_p_0805301556211102_0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://p15.*********/p.aspx?u=v20_p15_p_0805301556507994_0.jpg[/img]

Proposal 3
[img]http://p14.*********/p.aspx?u=v20_p14_p_0805301557242169_0.jpg[/img]

Old May 30th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #207
CarlosBlueDragon
CarlosRedDragon

Likes (Received): 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by whonose View Post
Will it cost... one million dollars?
I Think about around 300-900 million dollors... I guess
> 同一个做夢
> 同一个中国
(同一个北京)(同一个上海)(同一个天津)(同一个广州)(同一个深圳)(同一个重庆)(同一个杭州)(同一个南京)(同一个沈陽)(同一个武汉)(同一个成都)(同一个長春)(同一个长沙)(同一个苏州)(同一个无锡)(同一个扬州)(同一个西安)(同一个吉林)(同一个青島)(同一个大连)(同一个厦门)(同一个潮州)(同一个高州)(同一个香港)(同一个澳門)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LoVe ChInA
CarlosBlueDragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 01:01 AM   #208
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

Lol skyscrapers have never been built for just $1 million, even in the early 1900s.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:55 AM   #209
Joel que

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by urheimait View Post
I´m scared that the oversupply of office buildings finally left empty most of the skyscrapers...
any data about occupancy rate in China,city by city?
something is very wrong,when small city seeking to permision to built 80 floor skyscaper.this over supply could mean financial disaster,it already happen before , Hainan property bubble in the late 90's
Joel que no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:20 PM   #210
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

In some cities like Shenyang the lack of A grade offices was labeled as 'critical'. Most second tier cities share that problem too. In general the yearly take-up is increasing quite fast.

Some charts:

Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:02 PM   #211
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Fuzhou Shimao International Center, 300m, 57 floors. Approved

Old June 3rd, 2008, 07:40 PM   #212
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Great job. amazing list. A lot of towers are exactly 300m
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM   #213
urheimait

I don´t doubt that cities like Beijing, Shanghai or Shenzen have a strong office demand. But other cities doesn´t need so much office buildings, because their economies depend more of industry than services and are poorer... there are cities much poorer than Hong Kong, with a far smaller service sector and far less global economic importance than HK, but they are building more supertalls of +300 and +400 meters than HK have now and in the near future... it makes no sense.

I think the problem is corruption and construction speculation, and the central goverment know it. But local goverments doesn´t mind because they earn huge sums of money. It´s a waste of resources and if the speculation bubble bursts it would be catastrophic for the economy. I hope the central goverment takes more measures to prevent this mess.

Yes, a lot of superskyscrapers would be cancelled, but their sacrifice will bring stability to the economic growth. And a balanced and stable economy is much more important than a sea of skyscrapers
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #214
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Have you paid attention to the amount of office space being absorbed every year? Compare Chengdu with Hong Kong, it doesn't rank too far below. You should revise the yearly take-up in many other global cities. Don't underestimate the huge demand of offices in mainland China just because the GDP per capita is still low. Another reason boosting skyscraper construction is the lack of a-grade offices. It is not only that the demand is skyrocketing, but the fact that the available supply is very short.

Many of these large developments are being financed by overseas developers, mostly from Hong Kong (Henderson, The Wharf...) and overseas Chinese from South East Asian countries (Eton...). Also by non Chinese companies (Japan Mori, ROK Sun Rise, US Morgan Stanley, Donald Trump...) I don't think they are wasting billions for nothing. They are not idiots.

Anyway remember that many of these projects wont be finished until 2012-2015, especially those to be constructed in several phases. By mid 2010s, the GDP per capita (ppp) of most of these cities will have caught up with an average city of the developed countries. Also, keep in mind that we are not talking about tiny towns but huge cities of 3, 5 or even 10 million inhabitants. For example, when talking about Shenyang, instead of thinking that this is a second tier city somewhere in North East China, keep in mind that it is the financial and industrial capital of a 100~ million people region which has been growing around 10% for 3 decades and will keep doing so in the coming years.

Last edited by z0rg; June 4th, 2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #215
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Another one for Tianjin. Ritz-Carlton Hotels to build a two tower project together with China Shidai Group, including a seven star hotel and office space. One of the towers is 385m.

世代投资下单酒店业
来源:电信网 | 2008-06-03 18:13
随着天津世代新城项目的不断延展,其酒店部分的合作方也逐渐浮出水面。这个由中国世代投资控股集团(世代投资)打造的集住宅、写字楼与酒店于一体的国际化社区项目,将迎来全球知名的酒店管理品牌――RITZ-CARLTON(丽思卡尔顿)。

“我们将从世代新城的酒店项目开始,共同组建一家新的专业酒店管理公司。”世代投资总裁禹晋永说。与此同时,他的商业版图也随即展开。

占股51%  

5月19日,世代投资对外隆重推出位于天津静海县的世代新城项目。按照已获得天津市政府批复的规划,该项目的规划面积达到530万平方米。其中,一个规划高度达385米高的七星级酒店与写字楼双塔建筑是禹晋永推销的核心。

[...]

http://www.eu169.com/news/t_181709.html

Google crap-translation:

Source: Telecommunication Network | 2008-06-03 18:13
Tianjin generations with the continuous extension of the Metro project, the hotel part of the partners have gradually surfaced. This generation of China Group Investment Holdings (generation investment) build the set of residential, office and hotel in one of the international community, will usher in the world-renowned hotel brands - RITZ-CARLTON (丽思卡尔顿).

"We will be generations of the hotel Metro project, jointly set up a new professional hotel management company." Generational investment president Yu Jin Yong said. At the same time, his business territory also commence immediately.

51% of the shares

May 19, for generations to offer foreign investment in Jinghai County of Tianjin Metro generation projects. According to the Tianjin Municipal Government has approved the plan, the planning of the project area reached 5.3 million square meters. Among them, a high degree of planning the 385 meters high seven-star hotel and office building towers Yu Jin Yong is the core of marketing.

Old June 4th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #216
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2570

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg;21216862
[img
http://www.skyscrapers.cn/forum/attachments/20080529_bb41c2f489b114c43e63ZqZ8JMnNwBFj.jpg[/img]

I like this design as well. It reminds me of the original design of The ICC. Would be interesting to see this tower from The New Territories

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #217
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

CHONGQING | Jiangbei CBD Supertalls (Concept proposal): 1x500m, 1x380m, 1x360m. The second core of Chongqing CBD has seen a recent increase about the maximum heights for its landmark projects, located respectively at plots A13, A07 and A11. Formerly, Jiangbei highest were planned to reach 300m, 350m and 240m, the plan has just been changed. Vantone Group is said to be developing the tallest project.

New concept renders of Jiangbei new CBD. The tallest tower is 500m, 97 floors. No real design though.

Old June 5th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #218
urheimait

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg
Many of these large developments are being financed by overseas developers, mostly from Hong Kong (Henderson, The Wharf...) and overseas Chinese from South East Asian countries (Eton...). Also by non Chinese companies (Japan Mori, ROK Sun Rise, US Morgan Stanley, Donald Trump...) I don't think they are wasting billions for nothing. They are not idiots.
But don´t forget that the bubble construction burst in USA and Spain was caused by private developers and speculators. So a private construction project doesn´t have to be a rational use of money when the speculation is omnipresent.

Quote:
Another reason boosting skyscraper construction is the lack of a-grade offices. It is not only that the demand is skyrocketing, but the fact that the available supply is very short.
You are all right in this point: I have seen office vacancies reports of a-grade and b-grade buildings, and usually the vacancy rate of b type offices is higher than a type offices, sometimes about 2 or 3 times higher. I suppose most of b-grade offices were built in 90`s, you know the typical ugly buildins in China in that period. I think they must demolish all those old buildings and to build new grade A office buildings instead. But maybe it would be too expensive.
Old June 5th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #219
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I agree. They are moving tons of offices to newer buildings. So it is not only that the demand of offices in general is growing fast, but the huge transfer to better buildings. As long as the yearly take-up remains this strong we should keep seeing more and more projects coming.

Old June 5th, 2008, 02:08 AM   #220
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

Quite like the Jiangbei 500m supertall. It reminds me of the Shard in London, have such a soft spot for these quality designs. China's producing so many quality supertall proposals, wonder when we'll see a Burj Dubai rival, round the same height or taller but a complete different design.
Myster E no está en línea   Reply With Quote