daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #1121
SSCaddict
Sagar

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
Haha! Actually I've opened many 200m+ threads in the last 2-3 months. And countless 300m+ projects have started either digging or foundation works in 2010. I've never posted 200m stuff everyday, that would be crazy.

Besides, the amount of 400m+, 500m+ and even 600m+ proposals in the last 12 months is sick.

Compare March 2009:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...h2009total.png
vs May 2010
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...tmay2010-1.jpg

I'll update the lists this week.
that`s insane , i hope that all these projects finish by 2020, i can`t imagine china in 2020
SSCaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #1122
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

Ranking by height

Rankings by status

Detailed map

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #1123
SSCaddict
Sagar

zorg thanks for your great effort

i think chinese cities are growing crazy more than 200 supertalls
i still can`t believe more than 40 buildings 400m+
Old August 14th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #1124
SSCaddict
Sagar

zorg i have a request for you, can you update the first post of all the chinese cities thread
Old August 14th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #1125
Pioi

Likes (Received): 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j-ypNuNg8Y
incredible!
about 50 000 skycrypers by 2025,
is this posible?
Pioi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #1126
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

Nice , hey Z0rg you mistaken the position of Fuzhou,Wenzhou, and Xiamen :P The digit in the third picture is quite messy.
CoCoMilk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #1127
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Haha. You are right. Putting all those labels in order making sure that lines dont cross each other is a nightmare. I will correct it later, thanks

Old August 15th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #1128
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
GUANGZHOU | J2-2 Plot Project | 371m, 87 floors. Approved – Under design. Developer: KWG Property. The ground breaking ceremony of this tower took place in the last week of 2009, but no image has been released by the moment. It will be built next to the East Tower. Project thread.
A forumer from ss.cn posted this claiming it's the J2-2 plot design. He didn't credit the source, so I'm not crediting him either. May be a fake design, who knows.

Old August 15th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #1129
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

SOM was officially engaged to design the Four Seasons Hotel in Tianjin. Two unconfirmed facts. 1: It'll be taller than 300m. 2: This is the preliminary design.

Hope we can confirm it soon, then we should open a thread.

Infro from the developer web:
http://www.moderntj.cn/en/cIndustryDetail.aspx?id=340

Old August 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #1130
kubachrick

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
SOM was officially engaged to design the Four Seasons Hotel in Tianjin. Two unconfirmed facts. 1: It'll be taller than 300m. 2: This is the preliminary design.

Tell me z0rg why it's seems that city like tianjin is more popular to investments in form of supertalls more than huge economic center like shanghai.
there are 24 or more supertalls being built,approved,proposed in tianjin and
in shanghai there are the the shanghai tower and one more prep supertall nowadays

24 supertalls - 2 supertalls

something is going shanghai ? will shanghai lose its crown ?

something going in shanghai ?
kubachrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #1131
CoCoMilk

Likes (Received): 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubachrick View Post
Tell me z0rg why it's seems that city like tianjin is more popular to investments in form of supertalls more than huge economic center like shanghai.
in shanghai there are the the shanghai tower and one more prep supertall nowadays

Isn't it good that the government is diversifying it's economic power vacuum? Shanghai is already developed with HDI that's comparable to developed countries, while Tianjin is lagging behind. I mean Tianjin is one of the four municipality and one of five National Centers, clearly gov't would want to boost its status as a real municipality. Shanghai and Beijing is presently two strongest cities, too much power on these two cities is NOT good. Btw Shanghai is still getting alot of supertalls...no?
CoCoMilk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:23 PM   #1132
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Shanghai is a very mature market, with tons of minor projects and a monster stock of 100m+ office towers that were built over the last 15 years. There are anyway several 300m+ proposals in Shanghai: White Magnolia, Xintiandi Phase 3, Xujiahui Tower, a supertall in Putuo, another in Huangpu district, and some other. Mostly long term projects, but soon or late they should get done. Also Shanghai is the only city with 3x400m+ real projects (either built or u/c).

Second tier cities on the other hand have started developing their home office markets quite recently, and they are mostly virgin markets concerning A grade office projects, sometimes with a mere dozen of buildings hosting that office quality. Sometimes completing one single 200m tower means that the total area of A grade offices in the whole city has increased around 10-20%, hence the high but natural vacancy rates.

Tianjin, Chongqing and Shenyang are becoming regional financial hubs, but basically every big city should expect a lot of projects in the coming 20 years. By 2020-2025, most big cities in China should have reached the economic standards of an average developed nation. And we are talking about huge cities with around 5-15 million inhabitants. All these cities will need a lot of office space.

Old August 15th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #1133
fragel

Likes (Received): 55

Other than the replies from cocomilk and z0rg, here are my two cents:

Tianjin was a financial hub and has been an important port city in northern China. Every big city in China is ambitious in building supertalls, but Tianjin has one HUGE advantage: the central government wants to turn Tianjin Binhai's Newly Developed Area into another Shanghai Pudong.

Think about the fact that the Chinese central government gave a special policy to Shenzhen in the 80's, and to Shanghai in the 90's, and now to Tianjin in the late 00's. Considering the super fast development of Shenzhen and Shanghai, Tianjin will surely grow a lot--and Tianjin has a much better start.

Quote:

fragel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #1134
kubachrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragel View Post
Other than the replies from cocomilk and z0rg, here are my two cents:

Tianjin was a financial hub and has been an important port city in northern China. Every big city in China is ambitious in building supertalls, but Tianjin has one HUGE advantage: the central government wants to turn Tianjin Binhai's Newly Developed Area into another Shanghai Pudong.

Think about the fact that the Chinese central government gave a special policy to Shenzhen in the 80's, and to Shanghai in the 90's, and now to Tianjin in the late 00's. Considering the super fast development of Shenzhen and Shanghai, Tianjin will surely grow a lot--and Tianjin has a much better start.
don't get me wrong,i am china addicted - i respect every city ambition,and wants tianjin to be as big as shanghai and full of supertalls,as much as they can. but i am just wondered(and got answer)why shanghai isn't building right now as much supertalls as cities like tianjin and chongqing.

by the way i am going to be in china very soon and going to visit the classic china including shanghai,beijing,chongqing,guilin,xi'an,chengdu,kunming,lijiang,shangrila(zhongdian).
i am very excited because it's my first time and i am hope that this only the beginning.
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #1135
fragel

Likes (Received): 55

Sorry if my words made you uncomfortable, I was just trying to answer your question, no offensive intention I know it is hard for people to understand why Tianjin has got so many projects if they don’t know the background of this city. And I just think that other than the current Chinese supertall boom in general, the special policy Tianjin got from the central government is also a very important reason. After all, policy plays an important role in China.

That is a long list of cities, and nice combination too! I hope you’ll enjoy the trip.

Quote:
don't get me wrong,i am china addicted - i respect every city ambition,and wants tianjin to be as big as shanghai and full of supertalls,as much as they can. but i am just wondered(and got answer)why shanghai isn't building right now as much supertalls as cities like tianjin and chongqing.

by the way i am going to be in china very soon and going to visit the classic china including shanghai,beijing,chongqing,guilin,xi'an,chengdu,kunming,lijiang,shangrila(zhongdian).
i am very excited because it's my first time and i am hope that this only the beginning.
fragel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #1136
kubachrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragel View Post
Sorry if my words made you uncomfortable, I was just trying to answer your question, no offensive intention I know it is hard for people to understand why Tianjin has got so many projects if they don’t know the background of this city. And I just think that other than the current Chinese supertall boom in general, the special policy Tianjin got from the central government is also a very important reason. After all, policy plays an important role in China.

That is a long list of cities, and nice combination too! I hope you’ll enjoy the trip.
I didn't feel any agression from you,you are very polite and nice.
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #1137
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoMilk View Post
Nice , hey Z0rg you mistaken the position of Fuzhou,Wenzhou, and Xiamen :P The digit in the third picture is quite messy.
Fixed. Thanks again, please make me know if you find more mistakes

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #1138
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I've deleted Yingli and Poly towers for Chongqing. Huge pity, yeah.

Poly Tower was always said to be 286m, but we wanted to believe it'd top 300m thanks to the crown. Why? Well, the architect published the 300m as a round figure, so we hoped it may top 300m after all. Same story for Guangzhou Park Hyatt, which I deleted in my previous update. Most sources claimed it'd have either 285 or 288m while the architect as well as several architecture related websites said it'd have 1000ft (305m). Fuzhou Shimao (from 300m to 273m) and Shenyang Shimao Wulihe (from 2x300m to 2x285m) were had similar stories in the past. More projects that we think they'll have 300m will publish an accurate height below that figure I guess.

Yingli is a different story, that's an actual downwards revision. The new design has around 260m. I'll move the thread off of the supertall forum as soon as I find an official source to prove the revision, but seems clear since they even changed the renders at the construction site. Why this? Well, Yingli is planning new 200m+ projects, and seems like their Guanyinqiao masterplan will be their masterpiece. It's indeed pointless to spend a lot of cash in a supertall that will become a mere filler given that it'll become surrounded by up to 5x350m+ suertalls in a mid-long term.

These are the only 2 projects I've removed this time. In the next update I'll check all the proposals 1 by 1, deleting every project we haven't had news of for too long (more than 2 years). I'll delete not less than 10 probably, and the tower in Handan city is the first in my list to be wipped off. Some of them will come back for sure, like some projects I deleted in the past were relaunched later on. I just don't want this list to be full of dubious proposals.

On the other hand we have a lot of newbies, with more and more cities joining the supertall club. And a lot of supertalls have started activity in 2010, either digging or proper construction. We also have to notice that the share of 400m+ newbies is stunning. Prior to 2009, almost every supertall proposal was around 300-380. Nowadays we have new solid 400-680m proposals quite often, something like 1 every 2-3 months.

There's also some proposals I haven't added to the list since I didn't manage to find any credible source confirming they are real. Examples:

- Shenyang | Dragon Deam Pacific Center. Supertall relaunched, 430m. No official source, only forums.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...0cdd6b6ff8.jpg

- Wuxi | Fortune Center. Several renders were posted in ss.cn, signed by Arup and HKI China Land. But I couldn't find any info, and the renders anyway look shorter than 300m to me.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/g...93bcf43ca4.jpg

- Nanning | Guangxi Jiuzhou International /广西九洲国际. Alleged 300m+, 68 floor proposal. No official sources, just vague images.
http://pic.qnpic.com:83/r.jsp?fn=//f...91_1061647.jpg

There are some other rumors, I didn't bother to post about them. They say Dalian IFC will be relaunched, and back to 300m+. Also they expect a huge project by Greenland in Qingdao. Only time can say, I don't trust any rumor till they provide official sources anyway.

Last edited by z0rg; August 16th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:47 PM   #1139
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:

Another render. If anybody finds an official source claiming it has more than 300m please open a thread.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:22 AM   #1140
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
WUHAN | Wuhan Tiandi | 320m, 72 floors. Approved. Developer: Shui On Land. The final design for this supertall was released in October 2008. Completion is scheduled for 2014. Project thread.
460m!
Architect: César Pelli.
Name: Riverview Plaza
http://www.pcparch.com/#/projects/ne...verview-plaza/