daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 16th, 2016, 05:50 PM   #321
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Money for 2 x 4 lane expressways, but none for a grade-separated intersection?

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika

RV, belerophon liked this post
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2016, 03:38 AM   #322
moderntm

Likes (Received): 973

In Turkmenistan are carried out different types of construction of road infrastructure.
moderntm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 11:14 AM   #323
[atomic]

Likes (Received): 122

well Asphalt is cheap, Bridges are not so why even bother for this show piece.
But maybe they make the outside lanes into shoulders. They won't need the 4th lane anyways since there are only 4 toll gates.
But one thing I would criticize is the rest area. The Truck parking spots need to be changed. Trucks should never have to back in or out of parking that's just going to get somebody killed.
It should look more like this:

kingcheetah liked this post
[atomic] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2016, 03:13 PM   #324
Usman ali

Likes (Received): 5024

OMG! Whats the population of turkmenistan???
Usman ali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2016, 09:02 PM   #325
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2199

I asked this question 4 months ago...especially as this project was supposed to be under construction. Can someone take a break from posting the same bloody photos over and over and give us some background and progress i( or more likely NO progress) information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob;129139171 Months and Months and Months and Months ago
This project. . Has anything happened with it and are there photos ????

http://www.inros-lackner.com/en/proj...y_turkmenistan

Quote:
Client: Ministry of Motor Transport of Turkmenistan
Planning: 2015
Construction: 2015 - 2018
Contract price: 1.78 billion euro
Description.

Quote:
This project in Turkmenistan to construct a motorway between the economic centres of Turkmenbashi and Ashgabat is a key part of the country’s long-term transportation plan. Previously, reliable and quick connections between the country’s two biggest cities were only possible by air. The “Express Highway” also provides a necessary connection to the new international port in Turkmenbashi. Another project to be professionally managed by Inros Lackner, in the role of General Planner, right up to its completion.

The six-lane highway, with a total length of 560 km, connects Turkmenbashi and Ashgabat via the cities of Balkanabat and Serdar. Among others features, the project includes the construction of four motorway service stations, sixteen rest areas, five police stations, a police headquarters, five motorway maintenance facilities and nine toll stations, as well as the required bridges and underpasses.
While the price might seem low the land is cheap( desert) and flat so it could be delivered at $3m a km or so.

sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2016, 08:12 PM   #326
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman ali View Post
OMG! Whats the population of turkmenistan???
around 5.2 million, comparable to the neighbouring iranian province of Razavi Khorasan

Usman ali liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 05:45 PM   #327
kingcheetah
бородатый тиран

Likes (Received): 2432

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
I asked this question 4 months ago...especially as this project was supposed to be under construction. Can someone take a break from posting the same bloody photos over and over and give us some background and progress i( or more likely NO progress) information.
Just a reminder (in case you forgot), NO one is obliged to answer your posts here.
You may ask your questions in a polite way, but it is up to others whether to respond you or not.
Hope it helps

мой альбом

moderntm, Denim Tornado liked this post
kingcheetah no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 02:56 AM   #328
belerophon

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcheetah View Post
Just a reminder (in case you forgot), NO one is obliged to answer your posts here.
You may ask your questions in a polite way, but it is up to others whether to respond you or not.
Hope it helps
lol

To post propaganda is okay. But if you ask for hard facts you are asked to be polite. The last time i remebered this was a place for discussing road projects not wet dreams of the great leader of turkmenistan or any of his cockroaches

You know if people are offended by the question for hard facts they should go to a place where PR is teached

Drove my car everywhere except: IL, JOR

SRC_100, Usman ali liked this post
belerophon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 07:06 PM   #329
kingcheetah
бородатый тиран

Quote:
Originally Posted by belerophon View Post
lol

To post propaganda is okay. But if you ask for hard facts you are asked to be polite. The last time i remebered this was a place for discussing road projects not wet dreams of the great leader of turkmenistan or any of his cockroaches

You know if people are offended by the question for hard facts they should go to a place where PR is teached
I never posted propaganda, and (I hope) will never do. People very rarely can be offended by questions, usually they are offended by the attitude and the way the question is asked. E,g. I have a lot of my own pics to share, but just don't feel like sharing..

мой альбом
Old March 23rd, 2016, 07:33 PM   #330
sponge_bob

Kingcheetah does not post propoganda. Any chance you could answer a question though.?
Old March 23rd, 2016, 07:45 PM   #331
kingcheetah
бородатый тиран

To my knowledge, several big infrastructure projects were postponed for 2 years and I think that this "paid high way" project is one of them. Though the old "free" road from Ashgabat to the coast is under intensive renovation.

мой альбом
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:32 AM   #332
RV

Likes (Received): 275

The Great Leader needs 4 lanes when he is going shopping. Magnificent streets, but no cars nor even people!

Is it like I presume, when Stalin reconstructed Moscow, that the houses remained mainly empty though luxurious and people who lived in the old houses moved to the outskirts and lived in poor conditions?
RV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 12:39 PM   #333
kingcheetah
бородатый тиран

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
The Great Leader needs 4 lanes when he is going shopping. Magnificent streets, but no cars nor even people!

Is it like I presume, when Stalin reconstructed Moscow, that the houses remained mainly empty though luxurious and people who lived in the old houses moved to the outskirts and lived in poor conditions?
You presume wrong, in order to buy apartment in those new buildings you need to wait in line up to two years, because demand is very high (as well as prices). The construction is mainly concentrated in the southern part of the city (you can check on google earth if you don't trust my word) where there were mainly empty spaces (when I was a kid, hudayberdiyeva str. was a southern border of the city, and now 90% of construction is done to the south of this street) and some old housings which were build right after the earthquake of 1948 for temporary needs (without water sewage, gas and central heating supply) but during the soviet times Ashgabat was heavily underfinanced (compared to other republics' capitals) that's why these temporary housing remained until now.
Regarding the emptiness of the streets I can say that modern tm posts mainly pics of new districts of the city which are sparsely populated, unlike the old part. for example below is the picture of the area where I do live and I see such traffic every day during rush hours.

мой альбом

sponge_bob, Usman ali, Corvinus liked this post

Last edited by kingcheetah; March 30th, 2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old March 30th, 2016, 05:15 PM   #334
sponge_bob

The 'old' Ashegebat is all post 1948 construction because as KingCheetah pointed out before only one building survives from before the earthquake, it is now the US Embassy.

In terms of roads what Turkemenistan does need is a 2x2 highway from the Caspian to Ashgebat to the second City "Mary" but for some reason a 3 x 3 was designed on the Caspian section and that looks way over required spec to me.

As to the public finances there is basically 1 Turkmeni product and only 1 customer for that product.

It is quite hard to figure out how much of this financial pain detailed below is being pushed back on Turkmenistan, but that is where the money comes from to build pretty much everything.

http://www.rfa.org/english/commentar...015103203.html
Old March 30th, 2016, 06:24 PM   #335
OrduGiresun
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Nice infrastructure projects in Turkmenistan.

Greetings from Turkey

threo2k, kingcheetah, moderntm liked this post
OrduGiresun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 12:23 PM   #336
kingcheetah
бородатый тиран

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post

It is quite hard to figure out how much of this financial pain detailed below is being pushed back on Turkmenistan, but that is where the money comes from to build pretty much everything.

http://www.rfa.org/english/commentar...015103203.html
I think that Chinese Custom reports volumes and prices for imported gas every quarter.
http://www.platts.com/latest-news/na...ecord-26991967
http://www.platts.com/latest-news/na...-year-27245710

мой альбом

sponge_bob liked this post
Old April 1st, 2016, 07:43 PM   #337
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 746

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcheetah View Post
You presume wrong, in order to buy apartment in those new buildings you need to wait in line up to two years, because demand is very high (as well as prices).
I'm curious, is there a hidden reason for that?
There doesn't seem to be real geographic barriers or natural limitations (aside from being earthquake-resistant), why isn't the cadence of construction just increased to meet demand?
Old April 4th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #338
kingcheetah
бородатый тиран

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
I'm curious, is there a hidden reason for that?
There doesn't seem to be real geographic barriers or natural limitations (aside from being earthquake-resistant), why isn't the cadence of construction just increased to meet demand?
The problem is not in supply and demand equation, the real reason is that there are very few options to invest the money, and people see real estate as a good investment. During the last 15 years (2000-2015), the average price for 2 bedroom in old part of Ashgabat grew from 2500 USD to 100 000, in new, so called "elite" buildings, from 8 000, to 350 000.
Although prices have fallen since their peak in 2015, still many people consider real estate as the best investment.

мой альбом
Old December 27th, 2017, 12:09 PM   #339
Yirina

Likes (Received): 10

Many greetings to all.

I´m interested by Turkmenistan for a long time. Last year we finally arranged trip to this mysterious country. We crossed the borders from Uzbekistan by ground and went to Turkmenabad. From Turkmenabad we flew to Ashgabad. We had a trip to Darwaza (known as Door to Hell).

Then we flew to Turkmenbashi and drove to Yangykalla canyon.
We took a lot of pictures during our journey as we knew it is probably the first and last visit in this country (due to complexity of obtaining the visa).

If you are interested, you can see my pictures here:

1st part - Crossing the ground border Uzbekistan/Turkmenistan, way to Turkmenabad, flight to Ashgabad, trip to Darwaza
http://www.yirina.net/fotky_cesty/20...rkmenistan.htm

2nd part - Flight to Turkmenbashi, journey to Yangykala canyon, flight back to Ashgabad
http://www.yirina.net/fotky_cesty/20...kmenistan2.htm

Both trip reports are in my native Czech language but there are some info in English (information from travel agency) but there is a lot pictures which say a lot.

For example we took a picture from the airplane during the flight Ashgabad - Turkmenbashi of the Airbase Yanghadza:

Maybe it can be interesting for some of you.

Cheers Yirina

Escher, Corvinus, SRC_100, pai nosso liked this post

Last edited by Yirina; December 27th, 2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Mistyping
Yirina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2017, 09:10 PM   #340
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

From your blog entry let me just quote another photo, tagged as "Ashgabat - Darvaza road":

- Die Stem van Suid-Afrika

SRC_100, Luki_SL, Yirina, pai nosso liked this post
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
Туркменбаши