daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2008, 12:17 AM   #1
Mr. Met

Likes (Received): 3

MEADOWLANDS | Projects & Construction

Before posting, remember, the Meadowlands is not New York, it is northern New Jersey in Bergen County. I hate when I watch Giants games how they show scenes of New York, I am sure that some people watching on the West Coast think the Giants play in NY, but they don't. The Meadowlands will lose three of their teams (Devils to Newark, Red Bulls to Harrison in 2009, Nets to Brooklyn in 2010) My favorite joke on the Prudential is that they should have paved over Newark and built it. That is how the Meadowlands sports complex was made. They sealed part of the Meadowlands swamp and built the horse track first. Then they built a football stadium that lured the Giants out of Yankee Stadium to the Meadowlands and would later lure the Jets from Shea Stadium. Then came what is now known as the Izod Center which brought the Nets and Devils to the Meadowlands. Now, the Giants and Jets are building a new 82,500 seat stadium. Xanadu is the other big project. It will be one of the largest malls in America and will have the first North American ski slope. It is also building a stadium for a minor league baseball team and minor league lacrosse team. Two new rail lines will also be placed in the Meadowlands.
Mr. Met no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2008, 04:25 AM   #2
CKOTuHA
APXuTEKTOP

Likes (Received): 0

All the highways are busy enought already, with a new mall, roads will be hell
Where is stadium getting build for Giants and Jets? At the Meadowlands? I pass by it every day, but I don't see it.
CKOTuHA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 06:21 AM   #3
Mr. Met

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKOTuHA View Post
All the highways are busy enought already, with a new mall, roads will be hell
Where is stadium getting build for Giants and Jets? At the Meadowlands? I pass by it every day, but I don't see it.
First, they are building two new rail stations to get into the Meadowlands.
Second, the Giants and Jets broke ground on a new stadium that each team will own 50-50 a few months ago. It should be done for the 2010 season opener.
Mr. Met no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Ellatur

Likes (Received): 10

route 17 and others will get even more clogged
yay
Ellatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #5
CKOTuHA
APXuTEKTOP

Likes (Received): 0

So will the current Giants stadium get demolished after new arena in 2010 is built?
CKOTuHA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 01:24 AM   #6
7t

Where is this Medowlands because i looked on municipalities of New Jeresey and i see no Medowlands?
Anyway, Devils moving to Newark was the right thing to do. Red Bull previously known as the Metrostars is no longer a metropolitan team, now they're considered a New York team so they should get the f*** out of Harrison and move somewhere in Staten Island or White Plains for all i care
I was at the game against Barcelona a couple of years back btw and it was great
Nets moving to Brooklyn is a bad idea but i'm not a basketball fan so i could care less about that.

The Swamp is finally shaping up like it was meant to... a big ass football stadium, a large shopping mall and their thoroughbred racetrack... that's all you can built in that piece of useless land
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #7
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

I think we shoudl move this General Developement b/c the Meadowlands isn't that much of a town or city, and the Xanadu is just going on the sports complex.