daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Jumeirah Village

Jumeirah Village Jumeirah Village North & South make up this mixed-use development by Nakheel and Limitless

Old June 1st, 2011, 01:09 PM   #721
fawadb

Likes (Received): 0

Osmaan

hi
david I wantede to say thanks for your efforts on the forum.

It looks like we finally have an opportunity to get our units

Fawad
fawadb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 7th, 2011, 11:00 PM   #722
akmol aktar

hello i am also an investor in sunset gardens b can you please give me an update of what is going on with the project
akmol aktar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #723
akmol aktar

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_osman View Post
Dear Friends

As mentioned in prior posts, I have been working with some fellow investors that like us have invested in Sunset Gardens A about finding a solution.

Most of the investors who got in touch expressed their desire for the project to be completed. We all understand that through cancellation we only get a small amount of money back.

However, if you are a Sunset A investor and have not made contact, please drop me an email on david_osman@gmx.com and I will contact you on an individual basis.

thanks
David
hello can i please get an update i also invested in sunset gardens b and i dnt know what is happening please help
akmol aktar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #724
jvinvestor

Re: Akmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmol aktar View Post
hello can i please get an update i also invested in sunset gardens b and i dnt know what is happening please help
Akmol

I was at the rera office yesterday to find out the situation before Ramadan starts in a few weeks.

im sorry to say that sunset B is going to be cancelled. Alzahra ran away with a huge amount of cash they took from investors especially sunset B and it was by far the biggest project. Its a really bad situation sorry to say but those crooks got away with murder for so long. So many people on this forum gave the Egyptian bloke Imad a second chance but he was the same giving investors false hopes and just wasting all our time. He is in hiding and does not dare go any where near the RERA office.Sorry to go on about these crooks but its the truth.

Someone posted a while back that there was only 7 or 8 million dirhams left in the sunset B account. i dont know exactly how many investors are in that project you should find out as the money will be divided by the number of units so if there is 400 units you will get 20 thousand dirhams back. Alzahra have no assets in Dubai even the land for the projects has money owing and will probably be taken back by the master developer if it has not already been taken back. My advice is to go Dubai hire a lawyer and get Yusuf Maki another few years in prison. You will not get any more cash out of alzahra as they cease to exist in Dubai. I was told by someone who used to work for alzahra that one of the projects may go ahead but that will not be sunset B.

If you can get to London, pay Alia lina Faki, Yusufs wife a visit she has a dentist surgery in London, google it and go down and give her a piece of your mind. You may have even paid for part of that surgery or truth be told we may all have contributed some funds to it. Thats the update for sunset B sorry if it sounds harsh but that is the truth.
jvinvestor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #725
Farzooq

We Booked 10 Apartments in maryam royal gardens a project by al zahra in jan 2008 and paid 15% advance in escrow a/c with emirates islamic bank.Received reservation agreements in march 2008 paid second installment of 10% in april 2008
In july 2008 we received letter from Al Zahra stating that the project is on hold transfer is not allowed and not to make more payments
checked status from rera and as per them al zahra didnt even owned the plots of the said project so we filed case against them in jan 2009

the court case went onn for years with decision in our favour and still we havent been able to get our money from and our money still is in the escrow a/c with the bank
Farzooq no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #726
Pleth

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzooq View Post
We Booked 10 Apartments in maryam royal gardens a project by al zahra in jan 2008 and paid 15% advance in escrow a/c with emirates islamic bank.Received reservation agreements in march 2008 paid second installment of 10% in april 2008
In july 2008 we received letter from Al Zahra stating that the project is on hold transfer is not allowed and not to make more payments
checked status from rera and as per them al zahra didnt even owned the plots of the said project so we filed case against them in jan 2009

the court case went onn for years with decision in our favour and still we havent been able to get our money from and our money still is in the escrow a/c with the bank

I admire people who actually went to court against Yosef Maki.
I heard he got over 30 years jail sentence

Did you call the escrow account and ask if the money is still there? And how much money is still there if any?
The Land Department has taken possession of most of the Escrow account money.

Last edited by Pleth; July 18th, 2014 at 10:05 AM.
Pleth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM   #727
Zaaraa

I keep coming to the forum and I feel really sad that none of us cud do anything abt all the manipulations done by Al -zahra. But I strongly feel that those investors from London should complain to the UAE embassy there and also reach Alias dental clinic and try to make her feel unwanted in London, so she understands wht it is to rob other peoples money.
Zaaraa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:18 PM   #728
Pleth

Well I think at the moment we are mostly up against RERA (The Land Department) as they have taken all our Escrow money.
Only RERA refuses to answer the phone.

Bad rumours says that 90% of the money have vanished, so there are only 10% left to return to the investors.

Last edited by Pleth; July 18th, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #729
banglaraj

So what's happening now
I thought the refund process has started.
banglaraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #730
Pleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by banglaraj View Post
So what's happening now
I thought the refund process has started.
There is no refund, 90% of the money from the Escrow is no longer there.
Rera will not say where the money went
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #731
jvinvestor

90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleth View Post
There is no refund, 90% of the money from the Escrow is no longer there.
Rera will not say where the money went
90% is gone???

How much of the 10% will we get back? do they deduct any fees from what is left?

Last edited by jvinvestor; November 18th, 2011 at 03:26 AM. Reason: edit
jvinvestor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 11:46 AM   #732
Pleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvinvestor View Post
90% is gone???

How much of the 10% will we get back? do they deduct any fees from what is left?
What difference does it make? If you had 60.000 US Dollars on the Escrow account and you will get 6.000 US Dollars back, and you need to travel to Dubai 3 or 4 times to get the money back, then it does not really matter if Rera deduct any fees as well, does it?
The main thing is that an Escrow account is not a secure account. You thought your money was safe? But no.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM   #733
I Know

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvinvestor View Post
90% is gone???

How much of the 10% will we get back? do they deduct any fees from what
is left?
This project

I Know no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM   #734
Pleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Know View Post
This project

This is not Sunset Gardens A or B, this is another project called Sunset.
You will find that no work what-so-ever has been carried out on the Sunset A & B plots.
Old February 6th, 2012, 06:37 AM   #735
tempbond

Likes (Received): 1

I think this is totally unacceptable that RERA has taken the money out of the account and is not responding to the investors. I think I am going to write a letter to UAE embassy in USA (where I live) and complain. You know, we as investors have rights (eventhough we are not residing in dubai). RERA can't just take the money. In America where I live "escrow account" means nobody can touch it (even government) unless people who deposited that money authorize it!

I remeber there was this program on U.S. television pumping up dubai and praising their progress and all that about 4 years ago. They even interviewed Sheikh Mohammad.

I am sure they care about the reputattion of dubai if they ever want investors to come back and invest there.

I will be contacting that same program too. They may ask me for proof and evidence of RERA taking the money out of escrow. I will need someone local to help me with this. Anybody?
tempbond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #736
Pleth

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dubai_investors/
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #737
elodi

HI ALL, ME TO INVEST IN PROJECT SANSET GARDEN B WITH AL ZAHRA ,

ANY ONE TELL ME ,IF U HAVE SOME NEWS . THANK YOU
elodi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #738
sshu

CHECK OUT THE LATEST TRICK THIS SCUMBAG IS UP TO

sshu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #739
sshu

http://edition.pagesuite-professiona...c503d32f&skip=

SEE IF THE LINK WORKS. THIS GUY IS APPARENTLY ON A HUNGER STRIKE IN PRISON.
sshu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #740
Pleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshu View Post
http://edition.pagesuite-professiona...c503d32f&skip=

SEE IF THE LINK WORKS. THIS GUY IS APPARENTLY ON A HUNGER STRIKE IN PRISON.
Yes thanks, I found it on page 11.
He got 29 years in prison, one year for each bounched cheque.

However what we should worry about is that RERA released 90% of the Escrow money even though nothing has been built.
I was naive and thought an Escrow account was a secure account, but it wasn't.

Last edited by Pleth; July 18th, 2014 at 10:12 AM.