daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #21
frank hannover

Likes (Received): 25

wonderful nordic town.
frank hannover no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #22
Johnor

Likes (Received): 49

What could be said about Stralsund is the third world cultural heritage town/city in Germany where the focus are on Brickstone gothis houses. Togehter with Wismar it forms one Heritage. In comparison to Wismar, Stralsund has more beautiful single Buildings and churches. Wismar on the other side has the most harmonic Ensemble of buildings with a focus on the marketsquare, of the largest mediveal town squares in nothern Germany. Stralsund has three large Churches makes it stand out from the afar, What I have not been able to capture on my photos is that Stralsund is on an Island. The following Photos will try to adjust these shortcomings.

http://www.mecklenburg-vorpommern-os...lsund-7_01.jpg

http://www.wizlaw.de/assets/images/Gard4_Stralsund1.jpg
Johnor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #23
schmidt

Likes (Received): 59

I'm getting REALLY surprised with the beauty of towns in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern! In Brazil we still have this image of East Germany being poor and decaying, with loads of commie blocks and buildings falling apart. But that's totally not true. I had already seen some wonderful cities in Sachsen, but never such nice places in the Northeastern coast too!

Amazing town! Might get on my to go list
schmidt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #24
Johnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidt View Post
I'm getting REALLY surprised with the beauty of towns in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern! In Brazil we still have this image of East Germany being poor and decaying, with loads of commie blocks and buildings falling apart. But that's totally not true. I had already seen some wonderful cities in Sachsen, but never such nice places in the Northeastern coast too!

Amazing town! Might get on my to go list
Mecklenburg was very poor in the DDR and there was no real money for renovation. When I first went to Mecklenburg in the early 1990s (Rostock) the city was grey and full of neglect. The reunifcation and a large doses of money from the west transformed these towns to the beauties we can admire today. Even a city like Rostock has been turned into a quite attractive city.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #25
Johnor

Stralsund will get a new museum. Not my cup of tea....

http://www.ozeaneum.de/bauinformationen.html?&L=1

http://www.ozeaneum.de/aktuelles-baustelle0.html?&L=1