daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2006, 06:33 PM   #101
Neda Say

Likes (Received): 83

actually my last post was for Marco ...

As for Aulas he ows a company called Cegid www.cegid.fr which is based in Lyon Cegid was never a main sponsor but for a long times Cegid logo appeared in the empty area behind the corners... Cegid was a small company and is now a european monster with more than 1500 employees.

In addition O2 is a proud sponsor of Arsenal...Even the Sevilla had Stevenson on its shirt... during the UEFA Cup Final

My turn to do some advertisement if you want to know who does what in sports marketing here is a good website not www.sportstrategies.com it's in french but I think you won't have any problem with that. it's a pay per view website with some free informations and you can browse title to get a glympse of what's the last rumor on the big deals in sports.

Just so you know even pro american league are now talking about allowing big corp to do shirt advertising... they 're not there yet but they are thinking... Football-soccer, is an industry of entertainment just as big brother and soon rugby will follow the same path... Stade Francais played in sdf to please it's fan, they made a huge bunch of euros by the same occasion. Stade Toulousain plays european and top championship games in Stadium Municipal because hey 36000 x 10 euros (price volontarly inacurate) represents what 360000 euros on one game while playing at ernest vallon for the same price 18000x 10... Imagine Marseille against Ajaccio a 60000 seater against a 10000 at let's say 15 euros for every ticket...
Neda Say no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 17th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #102
David Byrne
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

France's best manager

David Byrne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #103
Neda Say

Don't complain about Le Guen yet he has 3 ligue 1 championship under is belt...
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:42 AM   #104
Uncle Chop Chop
BANNED

Who's complaining?
Uncle Chop Chop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #105
Neda Say

Amazing Bordeaux will upgrade some parts of his stadium this year...

... the pitch will be changed over the summer for the rwc 2007 taking place next year
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #106
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Likes (Received): 1

Lescure is great for rugby.

I thing all those upgrade will be minium as the stadium is monument classified.

Barcelone is the opposite of most other club cause they don't need money, sponsors, to attract more fans or to have a bigger/more confortable stadium.

the futur of a footbal club resolve in financial health, a good team and a top noch stadium.

A second Ligue 1 club in PAris? people talk about it for years.
It's sure the rivalry PSG/POC (paris other club) would fill the stade de france for one match but it would take YEARS to have POC having more than an half empty stadium at every other game of the season.
SDF is expensive to use, remeber....
Vilak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #107
Uncle Chop Chop
BANNED

The Stad de France looked primarily like a Rugby venue last night. The distance between the goals and the spectator stands behind them was too great for this stadium to be considered world leading.

Was there perhaps temporary seating not in place, or is hosting football not a priority for this stadium?
eg
1. Rugby
2. Athletics
3. Football
Uncle Chop Chop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #108
titou
titou

SDF is a national stadium wisely made to host various event.
Of course, as football and rugby being the most popular "stadium sports", the building is mainly made for them but it can host athletics without downing the seating so we must regard it as a complete and almost perfect multisports venue.

Paris has enough with PSG. Please don't create a copycat of this trouble maker. A Paris/Banlieue rivalry would be create terrible violence as banlieues's people DON'T want to be called parisian. Ii would create violence on football games like bruxelle 85
Whatever, a POC could not fill the SDF exept for games against marseille, lyon and of course PSG.
titou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:05 PM   #109
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Uncle Chop shop :
There is no temporary or removable seats in the SDF.
To convert the place from football to athetics, the lower tiers stand step back slighly (thanks to hydrolic engine), it leaves free the 5/10 meters necessary for the track.
Old May 18th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #110
Neda Say

I like SDF for rugby games it's great for track and field perfect for football... even national team not so great... maybe because most of the guys going to these games are dressed in suites and don't really chear most of the time...

Red Star would be I think the only club with a real identity able to fill a third of the seat... But this is not England... a second team would not survive. we had Matra Racing and PSG 20 years ago... Matra thrived then disapeared and PSG took over after struggling madly in his first seasons... basically untill Canal+ took over. There is just no rooms in Paris for a second club... I am not opposed to a club in the suburbs but they will need a strong identity to avoid french banlieu fancy riots before each game
Red Star almost manage to reach ligue 1 many years ago but now they play in what ? 9 th division
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:20 PM   #111
Neda Say

Except for the stadium already mentioned here is a list of the stadium of ligue 1 and 2 which, from my point of view, would need to be
a) destroyed and rebuid: Ajaccio, Valencienne (it will be), Laval, Geugnon (in progress) Guingamp, Bastia
b) refurbished: Auxerre, Nancy, Creteil
c) expanded : Nantes, Bastia, Metz, Chateauroux...
give me your point of view.
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #112
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Well personally I think Creteil will move up next season, that would be great.
In other news, I just read in lequipe.fr that Nice is considering an artificial turf for their stadium
Old May 21st, 2006, 03:43 PM   #113
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

You're right neda say. Most of the stadiums of france should be renovated/rebuilt.

Concerning Nantes, I've, long time ago (circa 98 I think), heard about building uncovered stand behind the goal for a gain of 12.000 seats, like the sydney stadium for the olympic games.

Bastia stadium is simply horrible.
Old May 21st, 2006, 06:13 PM   #114
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Likes (Received): 73

Bastia and Ajaccio are little villages. There "stadiums" belong to the amateur championship
Bender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:23 AM   #115
Neda Say

there are villages yes but they still play in ligue 1 or 2... if they want to have a fair treatment I think they should improve their stadia... I am not talking 45000 madness if they could just complete what they have it would already be a big improvement...
Actually except for the fact that bastia stadium has never been completed I kind like it but they have to built the south side it's unbelievable that this piece of shit (I'm sorry)
stand are still there... Just to show some respect to the people who died there... they should do something
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:28 AM   #116
Neda Say

Nantes idea sounds interesting... I was looking at some pictures and rendering on bordeaux lescure... Couldn't they do what pdp is about to do ... digging and building behing the goal... They have not the same space but there is clearly enough room for something... Surprising about Nice the astro turf... I thought that Sochaux, Lens or Monaco would have one first... But it's not a bad idea an astro turf cost around 250000 euros an old fashion pithc the same but you have to change it regularly... so not a bad idea at all
Old May 22nd, 2006, 04:30 AM   #117
Neda Say

3tmk ! By creteil moving up what do you mean... ligue 1?
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:33 PM   #118
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

No Bordeaux can't.
There's no place left on the sides of the pitch :

Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:36 PM   #119
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neda Say
3tmk ! By creteil moving up what do you mean... ligue 1?
Yes, they aren't the best team, but I think they can do it in the next few years.
At most they'll be one of those elevator teams, coming up just to come down, but it would be interesting to see a second IdF team for even a season
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:44 AM   #120
Neda Say

Well, Creteil in Ligue 1, interesting idea... But Ducvauchelle will need serious overhaul to be viable... I really don't know if it's possible to have two "parisian club" in ligue 1

We had Racing and PSG once but now... all different story, I which them all the best anyway... I would have really enjoyed Red Star in Ligue 1 so why not Creteil.

Tags
france, lyon, montpellier, paris, racing, stadiums