daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:13 PM   #1501
alwn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bucuresti
Posts: 438
Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
France is invaded by gipsies you forgot. They come from your country no?
My dear friend,

Actually gypsies are originally from India so sometimes we call them "indians".
They came crossing the Otoman Empire in several waves finally establishing mainly in eastern Europe. Malheureusement many of them had decided to establish in my country.. Some pessimistic reports indicate even a figure up to 3 million (out of 20, total population of Romania). However also in the neighboring countries are plenty of gypsy (e.g. Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary). Only Poland doesn't have. I know that usually in western countries they are associated with romanians. However the big confusion came from the official name which is not "gypsy" as would be natural but "Roma people". Many people just confusing “Roma people” with “Romanians. It is not uncommon, ignorants are everywhere, even in Romania some stupid people consider France as being inhabited only by Africans or Arabs. I even had to argue sometimes, stupid people watching the France National football team in the World Cup thought that France is non European... What to say, people don’t like to learn Geography nowadays..

Again with these stupid accusation of "racism".. I'm really already tired of this off topic. If I pronounce the word "African" or "African people" for some guys It looks like a "racism". Ok but how to call the people originally from Africa if we are not allowed to use the official name of the continent?? People from the black continent or people from the tropics? So please cut off with this and focus on stadiums development.


Btw how come you can post off topics related with “gypsies” and nobody accuse you of "racism"? If you really want to be politically correct you have to call them "romani people" as the word "gypsy" is considered to have pejorative connotations..
__________________
Bucuresti/ Romania

Last edited by alwn; May 22nd, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
alwn no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1502
PrevaricationComplex
Inselaffe
 
PrevaricationComplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancashire, U.K
Posts: 2,631
Likes (Received): 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
My dear friend...
Please don't be so presumptuous, in any case this is a thread about stadiums not the racial theories of 30 million Gypsies from a former communist backwater. It wasn't long ago you were calling people monkeys on this forum (I assume you have an infraction), we know what you're about, being subtle isn't going to change that.
__________________
Random Shuffle
PrevaricationComplex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1503
PrevaricationComplex
Inselaffe
 
PrevaricationComplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancashire, U.K
Posts: 2,631
Likes (Received): 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Hubert View Post
I was refering to the north east england town, with many listed buildings and huge drink culture
Montpellier should aim it's branding ambitions a tad bit higher me thinks.
__________________
Random Shuffle
PrevaricationComplex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:48 PM   #1504
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis
 
alexandru.mircea's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,169
Likes (Received): 3579

When you engage with idiots and haters, please don't quote their posts because some of them already have them on our ignore list for a reason.
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:27 PM   #1505
Neda Say
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,210
Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
My dear friend,

Actually gypsies are originally from India so sometimes we call them "indians".
They came crossing the Otoman Empire in several waves finally establishing mainly in eastern Europe. Malheureusement many of them had decided to establish in my country.. Some pessimistic reports indicate even a figure up to 3 million (out of 20, total population of Romania). However also in the neighboring countries are plenty of gypsy (e.g. Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary). Only Poland doesn't have. I know that usually in western countries they are associated with romanians. However the big confusion came from the official name which is not "gypsy" as would be natural but "Roma people". Many people just confusing “Roma people” with “Romanians. It is not uncommon, ignorants are everywhere, even in Romania some stupid people consider France as being inhabited only by Africans or Arabs. I even had to argue sometimes, stupid people watching the France National football team in the World Cup thought that France is non European... What to say, people don’t like to learn Geography nowadays..

Again with these stupid accusation of "racism".. I'm really already tired of this off topic. If I pronounce the word "African" or "African people" for some guys It looks like a "racism". Ok but how to call the people originally from Africa if we are not allowed to use the official name of the continent?? People from the black continent or people from the tropics? So please cut off with this and focus on stadiums development.


Btw how come you can post off topics related with “gypsies” and nobody accuse you of "racism"? If you really want to be politically correct you have to call them "romani people" as the word "gypsy" is considered to have pejorative connotations..
You better watch what you write then! Cause you associated words that made your comment a racist! One, you can spin anyway you like it won't change a thing! Yes, the other guy comments was equally racist as far as I'm concern. Knowing the guy a little more than you do, I'm not too surprised by his reaction!

Now you mentioned that you were already getting tired of this thread! Then I'll advise leaving it!
Neda Say no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:33 PM   #1506
Neda Say
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,210
Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
thanks
thanks for creating a new thread!
Neda Say no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:18 PM   #1507
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK
 
www.sercan.de's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 27,122
Likes (Received): 1956

You are free to open new threads
Stadiums has to be over 30,000 and arenas over 10,000.
__________________
International titles of Galatasaray SK
UEFA Europa League (1): 2000
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2000

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (1): 2009

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1508
UnHavrais
Normandie
 
UnHavrais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Le Havre
Posts: 11,555
Likes (Received): 4489

Stade du Havre, Le Havre


























Inauguration 12 juillet 2012 (HAC-anciens du REAL DE MADRID-Zidane notamment-)
FRANCE-URUGUAY 15 Aout
UnHavrais está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:42 PM   #1509
Cousin Hubert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findecan View Post
As said by Neda Say, Montpellier is the most sports city per capita in France.
The handball team bring 9,000 spectators for the Champions League games, the rugby team 15,000 every 2 weeks, not to mention the big games, as last year Top14 final when about 25,000 MHR fans went to support their team at the Stade de France.
So, yes, the "too much sport in Montpellier" explanation is serious.
As you said, the brand new rugby stadium brings decent crowds every two weeks in a city that as not a long established history in that sport. So why it does not work in football? Precisely because the MHSC does not enjoy the same attractive facilities. I did not say the wide range of sports available in the city is not a valid reason, but as far as i know, handball, basketball or volleyball are not the most popular games in the country or even at a european level in order to be a threat for the most watched game worldwide. In its glory days, nantes, which is comparable by its size, was bringinq 35 000 spectators every week.
Cousin Hubert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM   #1510
Axelferis
Registered User
 
Axelferis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A space between two worlds
Posts: 9,229
Likes (Received): 921

montpellier is a 'bug' like i said

soon as they return to 10th rank public will disappear.

They are not a city of football and trust me when barcelona or madrid will put them 8-0 in their face you won'tt hear about this team during 5 years.
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM   #1511
Findecan
Simple User
 
Findecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bordeaux
Posts: 257
Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Hubert View Post
As you said, the brand new rugby stadium brings decent crowds every two weeks in a city that as not a long established history in that sport. So why it does not work in football? Precisely because the MHSC does not enjoy the same attractive facilities. I did not say the wide range of sports available in the city is not a valid reason, but as far as i know, handball, basketball or volleyball are not the most popular games in the country or even at a european level in order to be a threat for the most watched game worldwide. In its glory days, nantes, which is comparable by its size, was bringinq 35 000 spectators every week.
Okay, I understand your point of view.
My opinion is that it was difficult to retain an audience because the success of the MHSC is recent (don't forget that they were in the 2nd division only 4 years ago), and at the same time, the handball team is currently one of the best European teams and the rugby team begin to be regular at the top French and European level.
I'll add that after the disastrous 2010 World Cup of the french team, football has become less popular in our country, precisely at the expense of handball (4 international titles in a row for the national team recently) and rugby (World Cup final the last year).

In view of its various elements, it is understandable that the MHSC didn't attract many fans this year.

But let's see next year, I hope they managed to retain an audience with this title, and a good run of the France team to the Euro could still fix things.
Findecan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM   #1512
PrevaricationComplex
Inselaffe
 
PrevaricationComplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancashire, U.K
Posts: 2,631
Likes (Received): 829

I don't understand the negativity, the Montpelier story is an upbeat one to be celebrated by the neutral
__________________
Random Shuffle
PrevaricationComplex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:40 PM   #1513
parcdesprinces
ن
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | T&G | Monaco, MC
Posts: 11,222
Likes (Received): 3666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Hubert View Post
So why it does not work in football? Precisely because the MHSC does not enjoy the same attractive facilities.
I don't think so.
For example 15 years ago, Stade de la Mosson was not bad at all by European standards, and guess what ? It was empty (I remember very well).

Anyway, what I mean is, to me the main reason for the low attendance figures in Montpellier is the very poor football culture over there (unlike e.g. in Nantes you mentioned above). Montpellier, just like Toulouse, is not a footy city, as simple as that and a new stadium (or whatever) will not change this fact.
BTW, being a student city (just like Toulouse) doesn't help, since those students don't/won't support the local team but the team of their regions of origin.
Another important point is that Montpellier is quite a wealthy city where the upper-class represents more than a significant part of the population... and as you already know I presume, the overwhelming majority of upper-class people in France are not interested in football at all, and those who are interested in sports, tend to prefer rugby generally.
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM   #1514
matthemod
Registered User
 
matthemod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gillingham, Medway
Posts: 666
Likes (Received): 57

The Le Havre Stadium reminds me a lot of Reading FC's Madjeski Stadium if it had a complete row of boxes circling the entire ground.
__________________
http://pricetown.myminicity.com

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1515
Findecan
Simple User
 
Findecan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bordeaux
Posts: 257
Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrevaricationComplex View Post
I don't understand the negativity, the Montpelier story is an upbeat one to be celebrated by the neutral
It's only the view of Axel. Personally, I find that this title is well deserved (this is the best point total in Ligue 1 from Lyon in 2005). It's good to see that this is not the money that matters most, and with good management and a good spirit you can make beautiful things.

When to know what they will do next year in the Champions league, I will not comment on the predictions of some persons...
Findecan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM   #1516
Axelferis
Registered User
 
Axelferis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A space between two worlds
Posts: 9,229
Likes (Received): 921

again ther best total point ok but lyon did this by playing CL in the same time.

montpellier don't play every 3 days. It is an overrated team which don't know what high level is.

I mean Madrid,Barcelona,Milan,manchester

Every others top french teams know what is to play old trafford or san siro (marseille,lille) camp nou or bernabeu(Lyon) allianz, turin (bordeaux)

Our uefa rank will fall again
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1517
Neda Say
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,210
Likes (Received): 84

Well maybe so! But there's always a first to everything and then again Montpellier did not steal this title! Montpellier saw an opportunity grabbed it and made the best possible run for it! Don't blame them blame the top clubs that were never in a position to contend despite budgets 2 to 4 times superior and did not do better than 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 10th in this year championship!

The silver lining on paper the clubs that will play UEFA Cup next year are clubs that are European vets, PSG and MHSC will need a year to learn the ropes! Yet PSG could do well and if Lille passes the qualifying round they'll do probably better than this year!

As for Montpellier, we all have to remember it's a young club,This maybe be their founding moment,the club better seize it, because you only get this type of opportunity once. The city appears to be willing to help and so does the metro. However the owner being who he is will never cease to be himself so I don't really expect the club to get a budget over 50M euros any time soon! for the players next year will be special regardless of the outcome after the group phase they have a good coach who will keep his team grounded and focused on maintaining the club in Ligue 1! The club will get some extra cash! UEFA will conquer a new market ... Everybody wins except maybe for the french UEFA ranking... We'll bite the bullet I think!

Last edited by Neda Say; May 22nd, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Neda Say no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 10:56 PM   #1518
Cousin Hubert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 18
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findecan View Post
It's only the view of Axel. Personally, I find that this title is well deserved (this is the best point total in Ligue 1 from Lyon in 2005). It's good to see that this is not the money that matters most, and with good management and a good spirit you can make beautiful things.

When to know what they will do next year in the Champions league, I will not comment on the predictions of some persons...
Actually i am not neutral at all, as i come from Nîmes, the third division embittered neighbor, so i was very sad last sunday, especially because all their best coaches (Kader Firoud, Michel Mezy, René Girard) or their then captain, Cyril Jeunechamp, was born and rised in my beloved sinking hometown.

Contrary to what ParcdesPrinces said, MHSC core support has been the same since ten years, and is still around 13000 spectators. How to explian that?
First, bear in mind that in the 60's, Montpellier was as big as Nîmes, Beziers and Perpignan, which means around 100k inhabitants, while now it is around 250k in the inner city and 400k with the surrounding area included. But to me, this growth is pretty artificial when comes to football, which is followed by the genuine Montpellierains, as now the city is packed with parisians seeking sun. The attendance Montpellier can reach is comparable to those of smaller cities.
Second, i assert one more time that architecture and security set aside, the stadium is WAY to far from the city centre. Check on Google Map, it is about 6 km from the Comedy square. Even if they have been champions seven times, i don't think Lyon would attract 40000 people every week if they were playing in Vaulx-en-Velin, Les Minguettes or Bron.
Cousin Hubert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:10 PM   #1519
parcdesprinces
ن
 
parcdesprinces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Auteuil, Paris XVI | T&G | Monaco, MC
Posts: 11,222
Likes (Received): 3666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Hubert View Post
MHSC core support has been the same since ten years, and is still around 13000 spectators. How to explian that?
Because it is not a footy city, as simple as that, like I wrote previously !

(and btw 10-13K spectators in a 32-35K venue, is what I call an empty stadium... so, nothing in contradiction with what I said )
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:12 AM   #1520
Axelferis
Registered User
 
Axelferis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: A space between two worlds
Posts: 9,229
Likes (Received): 921

A lot of parisians live now in Montpellier. They don't have really the culture of their club.

You'll see next year that a lot of people at the end of actual season who supported montpellier for the last match at la mosson will be fans of barca or real when they' ll come for CL.

It isn't a fellow attendance. A lot of them watch liga every week and the possibility to see Ronaldo or messi at la mosson will make forget them to back montpellier team

trust me

UEFA ranking will fall for France
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
france, lyon, montpellier, paris, racing, stadiums

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu