daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » completed | under construction | proposed | demolished

Old June 29th, 2006, 12:59 AM   #141
Neda Say

Likes (Received): 82

hey I was ready l'equipe on the web today and I found this: it apears to be Seydoux wish list for its new Villeneuve d'Asq stadium : (in french)

la communauté urbaine de Lille (LMCU) définira au mois d'octobre le cahier des charges. Nous aurons alors une meilleure vision, tout comme les collectivités, des délais de construction. Il est évident que, quand on veut bâtir un stade, on s'inspire de ce qui se fait le mieux. Notre ambition, c'est de construire un stade cinq étoiles selon les critères de l'UEFA. C'est-à-dire qu'il pourrait accueillir une finale de Ligue des Champions. Ce n'est pas démesuré par rapport à la taille de la métropole lilloise et à son potentiel. Il faudra également tenir compte des conditions climatiques. Le fait qu'il soit couvert, comme l'Arena d'Amsterdam, une enceinte proche de chez nous, nous paraît important, en particulier pour l'exploitation des équipements hors football.

One word: Ambitious
Neda Say no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 1st, 2006, 04:57 PM   #142
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Likes (Received): 1

ils ont pas peté les plombs là??????

5 star stadium (50.000 minimum....) with retractable roof?????

for a city like Lille, it's okay but due to french football situation...
oh I'm lost.....
Vilak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:51 PM   #143
Neda Say

Maybe he did but hey... for another two years lille is going to get a nice check from lfp and Canal+... enough to compensate for the only 17000 seats plus if lucky they will play in lens for Championsleague ... 3 games sold out 42000 seat 20 euros a ticket minimum good deal.

Half of the stadium is to be financed by Lille Metropole... another by private investment... I 'd rather have a city saying that they want to welcome a championsleague final and puting the money in it than a Nice way of doing things.
At least they have guts
Go Losc Go

Besides I think that a roofed stadium is the best option lille has to build a convention center for cheap ... the stadium would be a pretty busy place not relying only on soccer games to make money ... wise call
Old July 28th, 2006, 04:54 AM   #144
Neda Say

Hum quite disturbing news Olivier Sadran TOULOUSE FC owner/chairman declared today that he was planning a new stadium within five to six years...
Knowing that toulouse already have a very descent 36000 seater. What is he thinking?
Toulouse is a booming still the club struggles to be consistent.

I have nothing against it though... Toulouse would have a huge stadia
with ernest wallon 18000 seats, stadium municipal 36000 and this new stadium obvisouly bigger. knowing that it's useless to build a stadium which 25 % bigger this stadium would have a good 50000 seats.

I was hoping for a deck all around the stadium ... A new stadium instead why not after all
Old July 29th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #145
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Folie des grandeur?

I don't know what to think about toulouse....
Le stadium is a beautiful stadium and large enough for toulouse.

Not necessary to expand I think.

I would love toulouse to have a 50.000 seats stadium but it's not worth the price.

Perhaps every ligue 1 team will have its 50.000 seats stadium when lyon will finally start building its own....
Old August 6th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #146
Spanish Gabacho
España / France

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neda Say
Yes it's true that the away team are never filling up the seat ... But unfortunately France is a little bigger than Holland and England... And our fans are just not sold on going to some games 700 km away... Especially in some stadiums i.e Lille, Strasbourg, Auxerre, Ajaccio, Nice, Metz are either too distant from most other city or have really crapy stadiums the palm goes to Ajaccio once again... 8000 seats unfinished and you have to take the Ferry or the plane to get there... Nice will have a brand new stadium within 3 years...Lille will wait probably a bit longer... Strasbourg's stadium needs a complete make over... From my point of view Marseille has a great stadium but when it rains ... Paris my dear hometown, has a good stadium, but terrible fans and uncommital ownership... Lens have the best crowd but the club doesn't have the same money than before... Toulouse and Rennes are getting there with 35000 seats available and pretty much no public yet ... Lyon has a 41000 seats stadium and has to drop 2000 seats to the away team for each home game ...make the count yourself it make 39000... Lyon are selling out most of their game but just like in Italie or Spain some teams aren't attractive enough for the people to get to Gerland...we don't have the same great fanatic attitude than you guys

False false and archi false

Auxerre-Troyes 60km
Metz-nancy-50 km
Nice-Monaco 18km
Lille-Lens 25km

the distant is small, you're bad in geography

For information Auxerre Stadium (Abbé Deschamps Stadium) have a capacity of 23 400 seats (and no 20 000) the Tennis Stand will be built in 3 our 4 years for a future capacity of 30,000 seats. It's suffisant for a small city like auxerre.

Auxerre is the only club proprietary of his stadium in feench league.

The small stand is tennis stand, the stand will be built with loges and maybe restaurant. Actually the club built near the stadium the administration center of the club, a "boutique".

We will have Big TV in the stadium to see the score, the time etc.... and actually we have new publicitary system near the grass

A nice stadium for a nice club and a nice city
Spanish Gabacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #147
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Likes (Received): 72

I am against the principle of having seats reserved for the visiting team, unless it is proven that they will be utilized. Most of the time, they are empty.
Bender no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 06:16 PM   #148
Bender
Rugged Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neda Say
Hum quite disturbing news Olivier Sadran TOULOUSE FC owner/chairman declared today that he was planning a new stadium within five to six years...
The problem in Toulouse is the rugby. A 36000-seater is more than enough for Toulouse but he probably wants a dedicated stadium
Old August 8th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #149
GNU
Gnuru

Likes (Received): 32

I think its about time that a propper 60k stadium is being built in France.
Even when the attendance figures are not so high.
GNU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #150
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Yes checker but:

the only teams which could fill it are :
marseille (it's stadium is already 60k)
paris
lens
nantes
lyon
Lille

But which city can afford it financially?

lyon can (but now values more confort and rentability than a huge capacity so expext a 55k dome rather than the 70k basic stadium wanted from the start by aulas)

Paris can (but is home at 48k parc des princes and will never move to a new stadium. From what we now, the maximum expansion that could be made is 54k)

Marseille can (but it needs to build a real TEAM before expanding its ugly, windy, uncovered and out of credibility stadium to 80.000)
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:24 PM   #151
Bender
Rugged Individualist

I thought Lens wanted to expand Bollaert?

If they "closed" the corners, how many seats would be added? 5000? Maybe a little more?
Old August 10th, 2006, 07:08 AM   #152
Spanish Gabacho
España / France

when you know martel, you can sure that the corner will be high-trubune for large seats.....i will say 5 000 because in a corner there are pc security only three corner are free...
Spanish Gabacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #153
GNU
Gnuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilak
lyon can (but now values more confort and rentability than a huge capacity so expext a 55k dome rather than the 70k basic stadium wanted from the start by aulas)
Well that sounds good.
A 55k dome would be great.
Are the plans for a new stadium in Lens very advanced? When could they start with construction?
Old August 10th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #154
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

Right now, Lens is forseeing the futur of the club with a huge improve of its stadium.
But MArtel want shops, restaurant and an upgrade in comfort at the top priority.

In it's actual configuration, the corner would be really difficult to fill because of difference of heigth and deepth of the stands :

There is also a railway problem as you can see on the first pics.

Last edited by Vilak; August 10th, 2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #155
Bender
Rugged Individualist

I don't think there are any advanced plans for Lens. It would probably be much easier for them if Lille was still in second league.
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #156
GNU
Gnuru

Thx for the info.
So I guess Itll still take them a bit until a new stadium can be built.
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #157
Neda Say

Hey guys just came back from vacation and just wanted to say that lens is not to build corners to improve the seating capacity. They have a more simple way to do it. they just going to overhaul their oldest stand. If you look at Vilak pictures you can see that the north stand isn't as high as the others. They are going to rebuild or just have a second level. And there you go with an extra 6000 seats for a second floor or a brand new stand with at least a 12000 seat capacity. NICE AND EASY

Lens cant build four corners cause of the highway on one side rails on another one besides corner means more work to have the stand to be interconnected you need them to be leveled a bit which can prove tricky.
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #158
Phil
For great justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
I don't think there are any advanced plans for Lens. It would probably be much easier for them if Lille was still in second league.

There are plans, thanks o the Louvre Lens. However nothing will happen before rugby world cup.
Phil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:48 AM   #159
Neda Say

Just to answer spanish gabacho

alse false and archi false
Auxerre-Troyes 60km
Metz-nancy-50 km
Nice-Monaco 18km
Lille-Lens 25km

the distance is small, you're bad in geography

I migth suck at geography however Paris, Marseille, Lens, Lyon, Bordeaux, Monaco Toulouse are not so close from each other... You can't say that you are taking your car for a 7 hours roadtrip just like you'd hop in your car for a 10 minutes drive.
The point is; I am not in favor of having a ridiculous number of seats reserved for fan from the visiting team. I 'm not against them travelling with their team. I am against having 2000 almost empty cause the visitors fan club was not able to send peoble down. the rule is just idiotic I better have a full stadium cheering is club than a 92% full stadium it just represents a waste of time and money.
I have nothing against smaller clubs, especially not Auxerre but the championship is more than four miscalled "derby" games
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #160
Vilak
Let's dance in style!

it's seems a lot of expansions will be made AFTER the rugby world cup nut nothing had been done FOR the world cup.

but future looks bright :
parc des princes 54.000
velodrome 80.000
lyon 55/70.000
lens 50.000
lille 50.000
nice 32/40.000
toulouse 45/50.000

yes, it should be great if all those things happens

Tags
france, lyon, montpellier, paris, racing, stadiums