daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 5th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #2041
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 791

The timetable switch between one day and the next is at 4.00.

Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2014, 02:32 PM   #2042
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

Quote:
Originally Posted by radamfi View Post
Why not say "tot mandaagochtend 6.30"?
Because the weekend fare period lasts only till 4AM monday. If you have the weekend vrij abbonement, for instance, it can be used until 4.00 only.
Old September 6th, 2014, 07:57 PM   #2043
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

My usual miscellaneous questions.

1) Night trains in the Randstad. NS says the trains call at Den Haag Centraal:
http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/about...-at-night.html

The Journey Planner, as well as my infos, say this is not true...
But, apart from this, I can't tell from that poor map which lines are actually covered by the hourly everyday service, which only in w-e nights, and if and where to change...

2) This w-e Schiphol is off-limits due to maintenance works; are they building the new overpass at the Riekerpolder Aansluiting?

3) NS site says that Thalys are rerouted between Amstedam CS and Rotterdam; I didn't see any TGV here, but today there's a lot of extra traffic with the same materials of the Brussel IC.
So, are TGVs routed via Breukelen - Gouda, or people must change in Rotterdam to the ICs I see running here?
What is weird is that these extra ICs seem to be enter Den Haag HS on the track towards CS, not Leiden...

4) To use my anonymous OV-C on NS trains, all I need is €20 before departure and simple check in - check out, or there's more?

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #2044
radamfi

Likes (Received): 58

You only need €16 to check in for NS trains. €20 is deducted on check in, so you have a balance of -€4 until you check out again.
radamfi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #2045
Suburbanist
on the road

There was a massive theft of copper cables near Amsterdam Lelyllaan, apparently, which disrupted traffic in the region. Have they fixed everything already?
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #2046
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post

But, apart from this, I can't tell from that poor map which lines are actually covered by the hourly everyday service, which only in w-e nights, and if and where to change...
The map is incorrect. Night trains don't call at Den Haag Centraal, they only call at Den Haag HS.

The routes in Brabant are only served at week-ends. On the page you linked to, this is hidden under the link 'Show additional text'. On this page it is shown by default.
Quote:
Night-time Nachtnet services in Brabant

On Friday and Saturday nights trains will run on the following routes:

Eindhoven - Tilburg - Breda - Dordrecht - Rotterdam
Eindhoven - 's-Hertogenbosch - Utrecht, Utrecht Centraal continuing to 's-Hertogenbosch and Eindhoven
's-Hertogenbosch - Tilburg (shuttle)
Quote:
2) This w-e Schiphol is off-limits due to maintenance works; are they building the new overpass at the Riekerpolder Aansluiting?
I'm not sure what they are doing this weekend, but it is related to the Schiphol - Duivendrecht doubling.

Quote:
3) NS site says that Thalys are rerouted between Amstedam CS and Rotterdam; I didn't see any TGV here, but today there's a lot of extra traffic with the same materials of the Brussel IC.

So, are TGVs routed via Breukelen - Gouda, or people must change in Rotterdam to the ICs I see running here?
What is weird is that these extra ICs seem to be enter Den Haag HS on the track towards CS, not Leiden...
When Thalys trains are diverted due to engineering works, they usually go over Gouda/Breukelen and not via Den Haag.

Due to engineering works between Lage Zwaluwe and Dordrecht, the Benelux ICs are limited to Brussels - Roosendaal this weekend.

This weekend, the Intercity Direct (which normally serves Breda - Amsterdam) has been rerouted to serve Breda - Den Haag Centraal instead. It does not serve Schiphol or Amsterdam Centraal.

Quote:
4) To use my anonymous OV-C on NS trains, all I need is €20 before departure and simple check in - check out, or there's more?
That's mostly it. You have to go past a ticket machine once to indicate if you want to travel 1st or 2nd class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
There was a massive theft of copper cables near Amsterdam Lelyllaan, apparently, which disrupted traffic in the region. Have they fixed everything already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
If it's not on the news then nobody knows. Unless they're involved themselves. Where were you at the time of the theft, Suburbanist?
Somewhere early friday morning there was a copper theft just north of Schiphol, indeed. The thieves appearantly cut through a 3 kV feeder cable, which short circuited and set things on fire.

It was impossible to run trains between Schiphol and Amsterdam Lelylaan and Schiphol and Amsterdam Zuid, but the engineers were able to rebuild everything rather quickly. Around noon on Friday it was possible to start running trains again.

Given the extent of the damage this can be considered quite an achievement. Someone posted some pictures on Tweakers.net.
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #2047
da_scotty

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:

Rotterdam - Delft - Den Haag HS - Leiden - Schiphol - Amsterdam - Utrecht is every night hourly. But on sunday, monday and teusday night the service between Leiden/Schiphol/Amsterdam is partly replaced by a bus service.

The Utrecht-Eindhoven-Rotterdam (and intermediate) is on fridays and saturdays.

Utrecht-Rotterdam is on fridays and saturdays (two or three services)

Utrecht-Amersfoort is on fridays and saturdays (two or three services)

This NS(english) page does tell the correct info though: http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/about...t-night%5B2%5D

Quote:
They are quadruppling the Schiphol - Amsterdam South section.

Quote:
They are indeed routed via Breukelen - Gouda, but I would suppose that the intercity via Den Haag is quicker.
Old September 6th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #2048
Slagathor
Gay love is love too

Likes (Received): 6152

Quote:

Aahh NS and their terrible maps.

There's basically 1 night train service. It runs every night, once every hour on the following route, in both directions:

Rotterdam Centraal - Delft - Den Haag HS - Leiden Centraal - Schiphol - Amsterdam Centraal - Utrecht Centraal.

Notice that it does NOT make a circle: if you want to go from Utrecht to Rotterdam, you have to go via Amsterdam and The Hague.

On weekend nights (Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday), the route is extended at both ends. From Rotterdam, the trains continue to Dordrecht, Breda, Tilburg and Eindhoven. From Utrecht, the trains continue to 's-Hertogenbosch and Eindhoven.

Also: because of the construction works in Delft, the trains are sometimes rerouted via Gouda. NS typically service Rotterdam - Delft - The Hague with buses during those nights.

Quote:
Good question, I don't know...

Quote:
The ICs to Brussels still terminate in The Hague I think. When the Thalys is rerouted, it typically does Rotterdam CS - Gouda - Breukelen.

Quote:
That's all.
Slagathor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM   #2049
MrAronymous

Likes (Received): 6074

Quote:

You need to activate it at a machine before you use it. You then can select if you wish to travel first or second class. English info here. Animated video in Dutch here.
MrAronymous no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2014, 09:25 PM   #2050
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I don't get it. There were calls for a new thread about these matters, so I opened one, but nobody shows up...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #2051
radamfi

Likes (Received): 58

Does anywhere else in the world operate an hourly intercity service overnight, 7 days a week?
radamfi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #2052
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62874

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what they are doing.

http://www.prorail.nl/projecten/schi...n-huizingalaan

And while there busy they are also working on more viaducts along the line.
http://www.prorail.nl/projecten/schi...mstelveenseweg

Plus track work at Duivendrecht station, the other end of the section of the line which will quadrupled.

http://www.prorail.nl/projecten/schi...n-duivendrecht

Wilhem275 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #2053

Likes (Received): 1035

The first V250 left the Netherlands today and make it's way back to Italy.
3737 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #2054
Slagathor
Gay love is love too

Likes (Received): 6152

It's not making its way so much as it's being desperately dragged.

webeagle12 liked this post
Slagathor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #2055
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Walk of shame...

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

Silly_Walks liked this post
Old September 8th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #2056
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 450

I"m amazed it didn't fall apart into pieces on the way there
webeagle12 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #2057
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Don't worry, they'll be put into good use... I told you months ago, there's only one rail operator in this world that has the experience needed to make AB's crap work

Old September 8th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #2058
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Old September 8th, 2014, 07:48 PM   #2059
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Don't worry, they'll be put into good use... I told you months ago, there's only one rail operator in this world that has the experience needed to make AB's crap work
I read in some Forum (Ferrovie IT) that there Trenitalia might be interested on buying the V250 fleet to operate hybrid services (like Bari-Roma, Ancona-Roma, Torino-Venezia, Milano-Bari). I know there are some knowledgeable insiders on that forum, though I'm not sure whether this is an expected thing or not.
Old September 8th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #2060
Wilhem275
The Transporter

I was expecting this since at least three years, and I'm not an insider...