daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #21
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Yes, but from Rotterdam to Amsterdam Muiderpoort it is the fastest connection, and this takes about 1h30, so if you've got to go, you've got a problem
Timon91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:21 PM   #22
UrbanBen
the transit nazi

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon Kruijk View Post
Yes, but from Rotterdam to Amsterdam Muiderpoort it is the fastest connection, and this takes about 1h30, so if you've got to go, you've got a problem
The sprinter is the fastest connection? I have a hard time with that - wouldn't you do Rotterdam-Amsterdam with a faster connection and then Amsterdam-Amsterdam Muiderpoort?
UrbanBen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #23
Timon91
Error

Yes, it is, I looked it up on the site of the ns. At first, I also thought it would be else. It is also one of the recommended connections between Rotterdam and Uitgeest, which takes about 2 hours. This is because the travelling time by intercity between Rotterdam and Amsterdam is 52 mins. With the new HSL coming up (which will take a few more years) the time will be cut to 30 mins. Travelling time from Amsterdam to Breda (which is 2 hours now), will be cut to 1 hour.
Old March 18th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #24
Wuppeltje

Likes (Received): 968

@Timon Kruijk

Rotterdam Centraal - Amsterdam Muiderpoort is a pretty unlogical route. Most people will go the Amsterdam CS first and than transfer (reason more trains between Rotterdam and Amsterdam). If you don't have to be very close to Amsterdam Muiderpoort it is better to take a bus problably to CS first.

Rotterdam Centraal - Uitgeest can be taken by 2 trains in 1:18.

Sprinters are making sometimes long journeys, but virtually nobody has to be in them for 1 hour or more. If you do than you are problably making a very unlikely trip. Many people don't like toilets in trains too. In Zeeland and other areas there are bus trips over 1 hour, which are quite normal. I don't hear people complain in those busses about toilets.
Wuppeltje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:31 AM   #25
Alexriga
BANNED

Likes (Received): 183

So when HSR is scheduled to open?
Alexriga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 01:32 AM   #26
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

After the summer, according to a newspaper today.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #27
Timon91
Error

But the real HSL trains won't ride yet, isn't it? They will just use normal wagons and a normal loc.
Old March 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM   #28
pietje01

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
But the real HSL trains won't ride yet, isn't it? They will just use normal wagons and a normal loc.
That's correct.
There are already Thalys HST's running, but due to the lack of ETCS they still have to run on conventional tracks.
ETCS will be added when they are modernised in the near future, but this will be after the services are already started.

The new HST's from AnsaldoBreda are ordered, but are for now nowhere in sight
pietje01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 05:09 AM   #29
Wuppeltje

Likes (Received): 968

Those slow Italians with their AnsaldoBreda.
Wuppeltje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM   #30
Timon91
Error

I even thought that when it takes too long for AnsaldoBreda, that there will just be normal French TGV's running on this track....
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:33 PM   #31
pietje01

Likes (Received): 8

No, that way they wil spoil the travellers and they wouldn't like it when the AnsaldoBreda trains arrive
pietje01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2008, 12:40 AM   #32
Timon91
Error

Has anyone heard a rough guess of the date that the AnsaldoBreda trains are finished?
And I have another question: a few weeks ago I drove over the A15 towards Nijmegen, along the Betuwelijn. The fact that I didn't see any trains took my attention. Does anyone know if there are any trains using this track?
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM   #33
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63103

Quote:
Has anyone heard a rough guess of the date that the AnsaldoBreda trains are finished?
And I have another question: a few weeks ago I drove over the A15 towards Nijmegen, along the Betuwelijn. The fact that I didn't see any trains took my attention. Does anyone know if there are any trains using this track?
No nothing is known about the AnsaldoBreda train, there was a rumor then 1 set would go to a testtrack in Velim (CZ) a while, but afaik that hasn't happened yet.

Yes, the Betuweroute is used, but only by 100 trains a week due to problems with the security systems. But before the summer the frequency should go up to 4 trains an hour.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:25 PM   #34
X38

Likes (Received): 22

There are problems with the High Speed Line between Antwerp (Belgium) - Dutch border. Something with that ETCS, and the NMBS (Belgian railways) want to use the line for commuter trains to Antwerp, because in the area around the HSL live many commuters to the city of Antwerp, most of that people are going by car, and the make the city of Antwerp terrifying to live. There are also buses of "De Lijn", but they are very very slow.
The NMBS has build a train station in "Brecht", called "Noorderkempen, and they want to use it for a shuttle sevice between Antwerp and Breda, stopping in that station.
X38 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #35
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

The (probably) first photos of the HST: http://www.ferrovie.it/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19549

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #36
Timon91
Error

The train looks ok, the colours seem quite familiar to me. The intercity Amsterdam-Brussels has the same colours
Old March 30th, 2008, 01:17 AM   #37
X38

Likes (Received): 22

I don't like it.
X38 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM   #38
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3452

Everyone likes NS. so do I.. It are my initials! [ My favourite color is yellow btw ]
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #39
Ni3lS

Some more pics.

New Train design

Rotterdam Centraal is closed, They are building a new station.

Impressions:

[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:43 AM   #40
Ni3lS

Utrecht Centraal : Busiest Train Station

Utrecht Centraal is the busiest train station in The Netherlands. Most of the trains are coming through Utrecht.

Pics

More information about Dutch Railways will follow.

I will keep this thread up to date