daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Taguig

Taguig For projects in Bonifacio Global City, McKinley Hill and other parts of the city



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:05 PM   #41
dunamis
Registered User
 
dunamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,335
Likes (Received): 31

You have take the renderings with a grain of salt. Megaworld as of late has been improving. look at Bellagio 2. It was a pleasant surprise that it turned out better than the renderings. Mckinley Hill projects all look good. So you see, 8 wack wack is a product of the 90s. You are as good as your last project and in my opinion that sgould have more weight than just basing it from a project more than 10 years ago.
dunamis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #42
leechtat
@jpareyes
 
leechtat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Quezon City
Posts: 3,837
Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRick View Post
Use your imagination...

There are going to be some lucky unit owners of Forbeswood Parklane and Heights that will get a Golf View at a lower price compared to the Icon, Bellagios...

Pretty awesome view... Bellagios, 8 Forbestown and golf view...
haha... ang galing.. exactly what i was thinking.. Tower one of Forbeswood parklane will have unobstructed view of the manila golf.. buti na lang diyan bumili ang mga cliente ko... awesome view talaga..

and i think, those wavy lines does not look good in relation to the designs of proximal buildings... and it looks like, the lower levels of the condo will house the Forbes town center mall... ala podium...

and i must agrre @dunamis.. megaworld projects are getting better and better from their eastwood days.. again, we should take note, they have more money now...
__________________


"PROPERTYKO.PH - THE PHILIPPINE REAL ESTATE SOURCE"
-
AYALA LAND Real Estate Blog"
---
“Read more, Talk less..."
-----

leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:25 PM   #43
thomasian
Moderator
 
thomasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dakota Harrison Plaza
Posts: 7,597
Likes (Received): 578

I'm not saying this won't look as good as the rendering, what I said was 8 Wack Wack didn't.
__________________
The SSC Philippines' Resident Twink is back!!!
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #44
dunamis
Registered User
 
dunamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,335
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Pinsan ito ng 8 Wack Wack Road, both of Megaworld descent, and both with golf course view.

Too bad, like most previous Megaworld developments, 8 Wack Wack didn't turn out as nice as the rendering.



Ingat lang sa statements like that. Lets give the new and improved Megaworld to redeem its name by delivering better than rendering skyscrapers in the Metro.
dunamis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #45
thomasian
Moderator
 
thomasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dakota Harrison Plaza
Posts: 7,597
Likes (Received): 578

Kaya nga sabi ko "previous MEG developments", meaning that was the case before, not now.
__________________
The SSC Philippines' Resident Twink is back!!!
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:53 PM   #46
ryanr
Registered non-User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,404
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Pinsan ito ng 8 Wack Wack Road, both of Megaworld descent, and both with golf course view.

Too bad, like most previous Megaworld developments, 8 Wack Wack didn't turn out as nice as the rendering.



OT: How does it look like in reality?
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM   #47
thomasian
Moderator
 
thomasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Dakota Harrison Plaza
Posts: 7,597
Likes (Received): 578

Well, it's not bad, it just, quite different. I don't have pics, though.
__________________
The SSC Philippines' Resident Twink is back!!!
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM   #48
condo_dude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 53
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunamis View Post
I don't believe that the shakeout in the US is strong enough to affect us economically so much to hamper growth. What's good in our real estate industry are the buyers are not speculators but end users. We have been smarter lately to diversify our labor market to other major countries in Europe and the Middle East. OFWs are bringing in $15 annually growing at a rate of 15-20%. The BPOs are expected to grow to 1 million workers by 2010 contributing $12 billion to the economy that year. And the companies in the US don't have a choice but to cut costs and explore outsourcing. Tourism is expected to grow to $5 billion dollar industry with 4 million tourists. And as infrastructure spending by government starts to improve, agriculture is expected to grow from 4-6%.

I havn't even mentioned the mining industry. Our domestic demand is strong. Exporters are starting to satisfy domestic demand as well. Besides the Fed have recently cut interest rates.

Any real estate company would be foolish to take for granted the opportunities that a growing economy can afford. Megaworld was known to build Eastwood in a time when it was foolish to do so. Now other CBDs and provinces are playing catching up because eastwood has made a blueprint for BPOs which started a trend to build Cyberparks all over the country.

It is hard to be left behind when other more entrenched real estate companies are being more aggressive in this industry like Ayala, RLC and Eton.
Your characterization of the economic engine of the Philippines is reasonable, I think.

But real estate prices cannot continue to grow in the absence of population growth in a particular area. And of course, that population must be able to afford the real estate. So at a certain point, the industry can either crash, or just slow down. I'm suggesting the later is in everyone's interest.

Besides, it's a safe strategy: if the developers slow down, but demand remains stronger than expected, then they can easily add new towers or a few extra floors. On the other hand, if demand slows, then the developers and the homeowners are in a safer position, because there isn't much excess on the market.

US real estate investors are certainly not the first to learn this lesson. The Thais learned it in 1997, and many more before them. I think it's preferable to learn by example, rather than experience, in this case.

You can't underestimate the social instability and urban decay that can occur when a boom unwinds suddenly and dramatically. I just made the suggestion that Megaworld (and other developers in the area) should tread conservatively in light of the declining economic health of some of their customers. Frankly, just the softening demand among US and UK buyers is enough to dampen growth. The OFWs are strong, and that's great, but then let's not build more than we need to in order to meet their demand.
condo_dude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 07:31 AM   #49
laquacherra
Registered User
 
laquacherra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bgc
Posts: 1,417
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leechtat View Post
i must agrre @dunamis.. megaworld projects are getting better and better from their eastwood days.. again, we should take note, they have more money now...

megaworld projects are understandably better than eastwood's primarily bec megaworld caters to a higher end market compared to empire east
laquacherra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:35 AM   #50
TheRick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 2,539
Likes (Received): 141

Are there any Forbeswood Parkalne units left that would have a view of the manila golf?
If there is for sure thy will faster now that the 8 Forbestown Road plan is revealed...


Quote:
Originally Posted by leechtat View Post
haha... ang galing.. exactly what i was thinking.. Tower one of Forbeswood parklane will have unobstructed view of the manila golf.. buti na lang diyan bumili ang mga cliente ko... awesome view talaga..

and i think, those wavy lines does not look good in relation to the designs of proximal buildings... and it looks like, the lower levels of the condo will house the Forbes town center mall... ala podium...

and i must agrre @dunamis.. megaworld projects are getting better and better from their eastwood days.. again, we should take note, they have more money now...
TheRick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #51
--SuperB0y--
manunulat
 
--SuperB0y--'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,376
Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by laquacherra View Post
megaworld projects are understandably better than eastwood's primarily bec megaworld caters to a higher end market compared to empire east
ummm, empire east ba mga condos sa eastwood? that i didnt know.
--SuperB0y-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM   #52
anone
Registered User
 
anone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,755
Likes (Received): 397

Kaya pala nag mukhang bliss ang Eastwood para sa akin. Sorry kung mayron mang taga Eastwood dito.
__________________
You raise me up.....To more than I can be.
anone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #53
august88boy
Registered User
 
august88boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,882
Likes (Received): 40

even serendra, i've read me nagsabi na para din BLISS.
parang wala daw sa 100k league ang finish.
august88boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 10:12 AM   #54
laquacherra
Registered User
 
laquacherra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bgc
Posts: 1,417
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by august88boy View Post
even serendra, i've read me nagsabi na para din BLISS.
parang wala daw sa 100k league ang finish.

i can only speak for one serendra as i've never been inside two serendra and IMO hindi naman mukhang BLISS and finish ng unit ko... but then again, i've never been to BLISS too so what do i know but seriously, i'm pretty satisfied with the finish of my unit
laquacherra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #55
satchel
Registered User
 
satchel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 323
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by --SuperB0y-- View Post
ummm, empire east ba mga condos sa eastwood? that i didnt know.
from what i remember, empire east dati yung eastwood. pero the newer projects are being marketed by megaworld na. i guess upgraded na rin kasi yung buildings.

btw, the billboard/rendering of eight forbes town road has been replaced (again) by the rendering of parklane. buti nakunan natin ng pics bago nawala. does this mean na hindi pa binebenta ito?
satchel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #56
Go Global
Yes We Can
 
Go Global's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Munich
Posts: 537
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by laquacherra View Post
megaworld projects are understandably better than eastwood's primarily bec megaworld caters to a higher end market compared to empire east
Naku Lauren, para yatang gusto ko uli bumili dito. I think I'm a masochist. Imagine having to go through all that again.... punchlisting, turnover, interiors, etc.

BTW, try to be available in April when I come visiting again. We (Bart, Cynch et al) missed you during our japanese dinner at my condo.
Go Global no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #57
kalbo96
"when in doubt, all out"
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 143
Likes (Received): 0

I believe they were talking about the apperance/facade of Serendra when they compared it to bliss. Honestly, at first that's what I thought so too but it eventually grew on me. It's not that ugly but it's definitely not that nice. It sure is expensive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laquacherra View Post
i can only speak for one serendra as i've never been inside two serendra and IMO hindi naman mukhang BLISS and finish ng unit ko... but then again, i've never been to BLISS too so what do i know but seriously, i'm pretty satisfied with the finish of my unit
kalbo96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #58
dunamis
Registered User
 
dunamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,335
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
from what i remember, empire east dati yung eastwood. pero the newer projects are being marketed by megaworld na. i guess upgraded na rin kasi yung buildings.

btw, the billboard/rendering of eight forbes town road has been replaced (again) by the rendering of parklane. buti nakunan natin ng pics bago nawala. does this mean na hindi pa binebenta ito?
That's true the billboard of 8th Forbes Town Road is off.

Megaworld must have put on the billboard prematurely. I talked with the sales and marketing group and they said that wala pang sales kit yung 8th forbes town road. Wala pang price and wala pang scale model. Ilaulaunch pa lang daw yung project.

Buti na lang mabibilis yung mga paparazzi sa skyscrapercity.
dunamis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #59
reittrader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 223
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbo96 View Post
I believe they were talking about the apperance/facade of Serendra when they compared it to bliss. Honestly, at first that's what I thought so too but it eventually grew on me. It's not that ugly but it's definitely not that nice. It sure is expensive though.
When I was looking to buy at Serendra my relatives and friends told me it looked like tenement housing.

But tons of people are buying there so I guess tons of people think otherwise. Location in BGC is certainly good.
reittrader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #60
laquacherra
Registered User
 
laquacherra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bgc
Posts: 1,417
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Global View Post
Naku Lauren, para yatang gusto ko uli bumili dito. I think I'm a masochist. Imagine having to go through all that again.... punchlisting, turnover, interiors, etc.

BTW, try to be available in April when I come visiting again. We (Bart, Cynch et al) missed you during our japanese dinner at my condo.

Robert, iba talaga ang may pang bayad woohoo! pick one with a golf course view!! tapos, we'll help you celebrate ulit

see ya in April!
laquacherra no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu