daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > The Urban Fabric > Transport / Infrastructure

Old June 3rd, 2012, 11:01 AM   #2961
circleline4
Whoop

Likes (Received): 47

Oh, in that case you were actually using the SIs at shell as the start point, and then heading north from there. Interestingly, cause the SIs appeared north first, then south at the kiosk which I mentioned seeing it last Friday. Regardless, I had some free spare time up my sleeves so here's a sum up of the SIs at lakeview in May.

The 6 yellow circles are where the rigs are located.

Sponsored Links

Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM   #2962
y2koh

Likes (Received): 103

I think there is an estimated total no of 20-30 boreholes dug in the past 2 months around Christ Church Secondary, and 10-15 around Woodlands MRT station. There are also around 5-10 locations dispersed throughout the rest of the route.
y2koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #2963
eX.A.K.R.

Likes (Received): 13

I have a suspicion that the Thomson Line will interchange twice with the Circle Line in that area, once at Caldecott and another at Marymount.

The Marymount interchange could be something like Hong Kong-Central in Hong Kong, with a fast travellator link in-between two separately-named stations.
eX.A.K.R. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #2964
nononsense2011

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleline4
Oh, in that case you were actually using the SIs at shell as the start point, and then heading north from there. Interestingly, cause the SIs appeared north first, then south at the kiosk which I mentioned seeing it last Friday. Regardless, I had some free spare time up my sleeves so here's a sum up of the SIs at lakeview in May.

The 6 yellow circles are where the rigs are located.
Fantastic view and right on. I couldn't do it any better.
nononsense2011 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #2965
nononsense2011

Spotted a new SI along upper Thomson road just opposite UOB bank.
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #2966
ddes

Likes (Received): 218

SI spotted outside the southwest corner of Bishan Park Secondary School's football pitch within the school compounds.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #2967
Skyrobot

Likes (Received): 4

I wonder when the LTA will start finalizing and announcing details of the ERL. The suspense is killing me.

URAWA RED DIAMONDS - "We Are Reds" -
Skyrobot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:16 AM   #2968
steventlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsense2011
Spotted a new SI along upper Thomson road just opposite UOB bank.
Hi guys, just discovered this great forum while browsing the web and wow... I am kinda like looking at a panel of experts

Seems like the SIs are going as per discussed. If this goes on, then there shld be a host of activities at Soo Chow for the station? But from the map there does not seem to be much space in that area for the station. Am baffled by this, and trying my best to figure it out. Will be going on a site visit to understand further
steventlk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #2969
Mith252
Proud to be Malay-Chinese

Likes (Received): 318

I think ERL would take a slightly longer time to reveal. They still need to finalise TSL first before they can finalise the ERL stations.

Btw, if you can't see the images I posted, I have deleted them.
Mith252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #2970
ddes

Likes (Received): 218

There was a whole armada of SIs around Soo Chow shortly after the TSL and ERL were announced as lines to be built.

Anyway, that stretch of Upper Thomson Road is very wide.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #2971
y2koh

Just to add on to the effect of the existing seawalls to the construction challenges of underground infrastructure. My friend told me that contractors is currently digging up ponds in Marina Bay to help dislodge the rocks used for the seawall, to "fish" them out. Imagine tiding that for the entire stretch of ERL...
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #2972
mrtfreak

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdzulkar9 View Post
like that's so much better, selo. haha.
I believe he missed your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2koh View Post
Just to add on to the effect of the existing seawalls to the construction challenges of underground infrastructure. My friend told me that contractors is currently digging up ponds in Marina Bay to help dislodge the rocks used for the seawall, to "fish" them out. Imagine tiding that for the entire stretch of ERL...
And hence why LTA is finding the alignment challenging. I guess it really depends? Would they still face the sea-wall challenge if they made sure that they only crossed it at certain points and kept to the reclaimed or old land for large stretches of the line?

DTL Construction
TSL Construction
ERL Construction
CCL6 Construction

Search Google Translate for "Death" in Czech. :lol:
mrtfreak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #2973
y2koh

The problem is that the east coast seawall is not a straight line. Based on the historical shoreline, some parts are actually very crooked.
Old June 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #2974
tansimeng

Spotted 2 ST rigs near the end of Upper Thomson Road at the entrance to a playground between the shop houses along Thong Soon Green and the Shell station. (Google Map coordinates 1.399791,103.817807)

South of the abandoned Nee Soon South Clubhouse.
Markings on the pavement are ST5800 and ST5801.

Location seems to be a bit off the predicted route. Also, the piece of land between the Clubhouse and Nee Soon Road is being cleared. Not sure if it is related or not.

Comments anyone?
tansimeng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #2975
deskoh91
Land Transport Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 32

if they can retrieve past records of reclamation they can still make the best of the situation. I shudder to think what will happen if there are actually no records back then. they will probably spend a good year and a half spent simply doing soil testing.

it seems unlike Nicoll Highway, there isnt a strip of greenery along most of east coast reclamation?
deskoh91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2012, 12:48 AM   #2976
y2koh

The location is right about there. Anyway, the station there is likely to be a shell.
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #2977
tansimeng

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2koh View Post
The location is right about there. Anyway, the station there is likely to be a shell.
I thought I read in this forum or "The Unofficial Official Maps Thread" forum that there is only 1 shell station and the forecasted station is Tagore.

Last edited by tansimeng; June 11th, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #2978
y2koh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tansimeng
I thought I read in this forum or "The Unofficial Official Maps Thread" forum that there is only 1 shell station and the forecasted station is Tagore.
It depends on the source, the more recent (but from ST - whether it's reliable or not is up to you) says that there is one shell station. The older but definitely reliable (from LTA tenders) says that there will be 3 reserved stations - the 4th and 5th station from the north, and the 11th (T10).

It can go either way, one possibility is that being labelled T4A, Tagore may be inferred as the spare station, though LTA still keep with the original plan of having 3 spare stations. Or LTA may also have decided to just open 2 of the stations, the one near Springleaf included. But I'm more willing to trust LTA tenders than ST. The "Sembawang" and "River Valley" discussions ate enough to remind everyone here that everything that us reported or communicated through word of mouth should be taken with a pinch of salt. That is why I said "likely".
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #2979
tansimeng

[QUOTE=y2koh;92255865]The older but definitely reliable (from LTA tenders) says that there will be 3 reserved stations - the 4th and 5th station from the north, and the 11th (T10). QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.
Are the tenders info available to the public?
If yes, where do I go to, to see it?
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #2980
nononsense2011

Guess it seems firmed that there will be a station at Springleaf, just a matter of whether it's a shell or not. With the clearing of the said forest area, it seems consistent with the feedback here by the senior forumers that there are bigger plans slated for Springleaf. I also read there's going to be new developments to the Springleaf Park.

Tags
mrt