daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 6th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #61
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster E View Post
I thought the 225m 122 Leadenhall building in London was the tallest U/C building in the UK right now or did you mean outside London?
I thought they were still taking the old buildiing down?
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #62
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

l really love this project...beautiful
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #63
eddie88

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysimo123 View Post
I think they are necessary and this why people come to this site. Its all good talking about it but alot of people want to see images. (there isn't anything going on?)What are you going on about? There is loads going on, don't you look at the images. Its a fact that atm this building is the tallest U/C in the United Kingdom and not many people seem to be taking notice. There are lots are other buildings U/C in the super talls forums and the lack of photos is a joke, you should be thanking the Manchester formers for the mass of photos and they will be loads more over the next 2 years or so.
i know this building is a big deal, but your photos all look very similar, theres not alot of action going on, a few photos of the site is what we want, its great to see where the building will go, but there isnt much point in posting photos everytime theres a new digger on the plot.
eddie88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #64
london lad

Likes (Received): 2256

Quote:
I thought they were still taking the old buildiing down?
There are but they are constructing parts of the basement at the same time(check out the webcam). Steelwork is due to rise above street level sometime in the Autumn. I think the same can be said of the Heron tower.

Nice to see work on this one anyway as its been a while since Beetham was finished.
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #65
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie88 View Post
i know this building is a big deal, but your photos all look very similar, theres not alot of action going on, a few photos of the site is what we want, its great to see where the building will go, but there isnt much point in posting photos everytime theres a new digger on the plot.
They arn't my photos and you won't like this.

Afew new pics taken today by highriser.....

... oh look a big blue thing.
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #66
eddyk
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1490

It doesn't look u/c to me!?

Visit Grantham Linconshire
eddyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #67
kids

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
I think they are necessary and this why people come to this site. Its all good talking about it but alot of people want to see images. (there isn't anything going on?)What are you going on about? There is loads going on, don't you look at the images. Its a fact that atm this building is the tallest U/C in the United Kingdom and not many people seem to be taking notice. There are lots are other buildings U/C in the super talls forums and the lack of photos is a joke, you should be thanking the Manchester formers for the mass of photos and they will be loads more over the next 2 years or so.
If you post loads and loads of similar images, with not much happening, people will get bored and stop looking on this thread.

You should only post every month or so. People only want to see marked progress.
kids no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #68
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids View Post
If you post loads and loads of similar images, with not much happening, people will get bored and stop looking on this thread.

You should only post every month or so. People only want to see marked progress.
I get what your saying but this is our big one.

Last edited by andysimo123; March 7th, 2008 at 01:44 AM.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #69
Jinkies!

Likes (Received): 247

But this is the international form, and international folks don't much care.
Jinkies! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #70
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

Be kind with your words there mate I think this building also currently holds the most number of floors under construction in the UK right now, more than 1 Canada Sqaure and 122 Leadenhall street.

Andysimo, wasn't this originally slated 66 storeys high with the same height?
Myster E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:04 AM   #71
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myster E View Post
Be kind with your words there mate I think this building also currently holds the most number of floors under construction in the UK right now, more than 1 Canada Sqaure and 122 Leadenhall street.

Andysimo, wasn't this originally slated 66 storeys high with the same height?
I don't think so. Its always been 60-58 floors. It could have been that other one in Salford that was 66 floors high.
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:05 AM   #72
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkies! View Post
But this is the international form, and international folks don't much care.
The UN has just spoken. We had better delete all the English threads.
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #73
Caiman
I love those crazy dutch

Likes (Received): 3705

If they don't care they don't have to ******* look eh, so people are a bit excited about our cities tallest under construction and finally seeing movement, real movement on the site. If someone comes to this thread one day and sees a pile of mud with a digger on it, they're sure as heck not going to see a new post and assume the building is half finished the next day are they? If you don't like how our forumers follow projects, don't open the thread
Old March 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #74
Jinkies!

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
The UN has just spoken. We had better delete all the English threads.
I'll assume that you didn't deliberately misunderstand me to be antagonistic, cause I wasn't fishing for that sort of reaction.

Very few people in the international forum will be particularly animated by the fact that it is Manchester's "big one", because neither the city nor the building is that big a deal internationally.

I want the folk who wouldn't usually see any reason to wander into the Manchester forum to be excited about this as much as you do, (well, let's make that 'almost as much' ), but I happen to agree with kids and others that posting the current volume of pictures is more likely to achieve the opposite effect, particularly at this relatively unspectacular stage of the process.

How about making the updates in this thread slightly less comprehensive, and inviting those who want a daily image blitz into the Manchester sub-forum? Then they can also be introduced to the delights of some of our other current mud piles, like Canopus.
Jinkies! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #75
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
I'll assume that you didn't deliberately misunderstand me to be antagonistic, cause I wasn't fishing for that sort of reaction.

Very few people in the international forum will be particularly animated by the fact that it is Manchester's "big one", because neither the city nor the building is that big a deal internationally.

I want the folk who wouldn't usually see any reason to wander into the Manchester forum to be excited about this as much as you do, (well, let's make that 'almost as much' ), but I happen to agree with kids and others that posting the current volume of pictures is more likely to achieve the opposite effect, particularly at this relatively unspectacular stage of the process.

How about making the updates in this thread slightly less comprehensive, and inviting those who want a daily image blitz into the Manchester sub-forum? Then they can also be introduced to the delights of some of our other current mud piles, like Canopus.
Don't like it don't look at the thread because I don't really care.

IT SEEMS STRANGE THAT PEOPLE DON'T WANT UPDATES!!!! It might only be mud but I cannot understand that. In other threads on big projects there might be one update every two months and they moan because of the lack of. Then there are too many and they moan. I think anyone who moans or complains about too many updates is an ungrateful bastard.
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #76
Marksy_1

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Don't like it don't look at the thread because I don't really care.

IT SEEMS STRANGE THAT PEOPLE DON'T WANT UPDATES!!!! It might only be mud but I cannot understand that. In other threads on big projects there might be one update every two months and they moan because of the lack of. Then there are too many and they moan. I think anyone who moans or complains about too many updates is an ungrateful bastard.
I for one look forward to seeing more of your pictures! Please carry on
Marksy_1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #77
Blackpool88

Likes (Received): 159

Quote:

TAKE THAT BACK!!!!
Blackpool88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #78
Chogmook
Mancunian Member

Likes (Received): 655

Piling due to start very soon, Store St down to 1 lane so the larger brick arches can be demolished.

It's moving!
Old March 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #79
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Little picture update taken by SteKnight. Road is down to one lane now as the arches are about to demolished, should be fun to watch.

Old March 19th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #80
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Quote:
Little picture update taken by SteKnight. Road is down to one lane now as the arches are about to demolished, should be fun to watch.
Wonderful pictures are again from SteKnight

ohhh yeeeee they don't mess about!

Tags
manchester