daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 20th, 2014, 02:31 AM   #901
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4510

A few crappy phone pics from the other day! Should be uploading better camera pics later this week

Slowly poking out on the skyline:

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2014, 02:32 AM   #902
iamtheSTIG

A few crappy phone pics from the other day! Should be uploading better camera pics later this week

Slowly poking out on the skyline:

Check out my Instagram

Old September 21st, 2014, 06:51 AM   #903
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

https://www.flickr.com/photos/schierbeek/
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 04:44 AM   #904
JMGA196

Likes (Received): 5146

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheSTIG View Post
Woooaaa

Mimar Sinan - Sebastian Treese - Sejima - Nishizawa - Pawson - Horia Creangă - McKim, Mead & White - Gord Scott - Peter Pennoyer - Charles Hilton - Annabelle Selldorf - Roman and Williams - Morris Adjmi - Diller Scofidio + Renfro

★★★ MAKE ARCHITECTURE GREAT AGAIN! ★★★

citybooster liked this post
JMGA196 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 10:43 PM   #905
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Woolworth Building's newer neighbors by sjnnyny, on Flickr
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #906
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

Photos provided by Tectonic @WNY. Not much progress on the cladding...

Old September 24th, 2014, 12:21 AM   #907
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

EDIT: Whoops, just realized this is the wrong thread. However, I was going to cross post here anyway. An example of "limestone" cladding (for real in this instance) done right. Thread here: NEW YORK | 301 E. 50th St. | 104m | 342ft | 29 fl | U/C

~~~~

All photos from Field Condition

The cladding on this tower is gorgeous! If only 30 Park Place took their lead...

JMGA196, oscillation, Hemeroscopium liked this post

Last edited by j-biz; September 24th, 2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: oopsies
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #908
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 396

Those are probably also precast concrete but with thin slabs of real stone embedded in the surface.
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #909
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I don't know, it reminds me of kitchen tiles. Certainly not what's on the buildings from the 20s.

iamtheSTIG liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2014, 11:05 PM   #910
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22538

probably because whatever is left from the 20s that hasn't been renovated has 90 years of wear to it.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 12:59 AM   #911
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by uakoops View Post
Those are probably also precast concrete but with thin slabs of real stone embedded in the surface.
I'm sure you're right, but regardless it looks way better, IMO.

citybooster liked this post
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #912
hateman

Likes (Received): 1798

Blame the developer. Might as well compare this to 15CPW at roughly this stage:

Or compare it to the Hearst building, which is also concrete:

We are seeking to follow the type of architecture which is good in the sense that it does not of necessity follow the whims of the moment but seeks an artistry that ought to be good, as far as we can tell, for all time to come. -FDR

We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us. -Winston Churchill
hateman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 02:23 PM   #913
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

I'm also not convinced that the cladding on 301 East 50th Street is better looking than the cladding on 30 Park Place. I personally find the dividing edges / borders between the slabs of limestone quite disturbing. Maybe that'll change once it's finished but still. I think the cladding on 30 Park Place looks pretty decent, definitely when looking at it from a distance.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel

iamtheSTIG, onewtclover liked this post
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 08:43 AM   #914
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22538

Pink Sky by thirdblade, on Flickr
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #915
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2614

I don't know if this has been asked before, but will the cladding be painted? I don't have much of an issue with it not being limestone, but the grey seems a little depressing. It's more yellowish and lively on renders.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #916
iamtheSTIG

Grey? Looks more brown to me! Reminds me of sandstone

Also if it was real Limestone, it would most likely be grey anyway...

Check out my Instagram

Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:00 AM   #917
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Half of Silverstein’s 30 Park Place now sold
http://therealdeal.com/blog/2014/10/...lace-now-sold/

Quote:
Half of the 157 condominium apartments at Silverstein Properties’ Four Seasons Hotel and Residences Tower have sold, four months after sales launched.

Among the units at 30 Park Place that were purchased are two of the building’s 11 penthouses. One of the top-floor apartments sold for $14.5 million, and the other went for $12.8 million.

The 82-story tower, currently under construction, will rise 929 feet, making it the tallest residential building Downtown. Prices range from $3.1 million to more than $60 million for a combined duplex penthouse.

The building, set to top out by the end of the year, will be fully completed by 2016. “If we continue to go at the rate we’re going, we’ll see a fully sold out product by the time it opens,” developer Larry Silverstein said Wednesday during a media tour of the sales gallery. Sales are being headed up by Corcoran Sunshine Marketing Group. The building was designed by architect Robert A.M. Stern.

When complete, the Four Seasons Hotel will occupy the first 38 floors of the building, which include outdoor decks and, on the third floor, a 75-foot pool, spa and gym. Condo owners will have full access to those amenities and the hotel’s other services, and will also have a full-floor of exclusive amenities on the 38th floor. Condos, between floors 39 and 82, will have 10-foot and 13-foot ceilings, and eight-foot windows. The penthouses will also have wood-burning fireplaces.

The blended price per square foot is $3,400, according to Corcoran Sunshine. Prices for one-bedrooms start at $3 million, two bedrooms at just under $5 million, three bedrooms at $5.5 million and four bedrooms at $9.5 million.

Eight floor plans for the penthouses were revealed last month, including a 3,173-square-foot, three-bedroom on the 76th floor listed at $13.5 million and a 5,937-square-foot, five-bedroom on the 78th floor that’s asking $27.5 million.

At Wednesday’s event, Stern called the building a “labor of love” that was put on hold during the financial crisis. “It’s the kind of sky scraper I dreamed about as a kid,” said Stern, a Brooklyn native.

Silverstein bought the site in 2006 in a joint venture with Metro Fund and the California State Teachers’ Retirement System, but hit pause on the project in 2008 during the financial crisis. “It’s brutally difficult to wait it out,” Silverstein said.

The developer made some changes – including adding exclusive space in the spa for condo owners – before re-starting work in 2010, albeit in a neighborhood that’s evolved since that time. “All of what’s happening downtown is finally coming into its own,” Silverstein said.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:34 PM   #918
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before, but will the cladding be painted? I don't have much of an issue with it not being limestone, but the grey seems a little depressing. It's more yellowish and lively on renders.
Maybe it's the color settings of your monitor/screen? Looks yellowish / brown to me
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel

iamtheSTIG, onewtclover liked this post
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #919
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Some good news.

Parcel of Six Probably Doomed Tribeca Buildings Listed
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2014/1...ngs_listed.php

Quote:
A collection of six buildings making up the entire blockfront on West Broadway between Warren and Murray streets (Tribeca Citizen speculates that it's the east side of the block) has hit the market, Crain's reports. Bob Knakal of Massey Knakal, the commercial real estate brokerage handling the listing, says that it could sell $50 million or more, which basically translates to "the parcel is asking $50 million." As five of the six buildings contain market-rate rentals that could be cleared out, the site is being marketed as ripe for some sort of high-end residential development. A sixth, at the end of the block, contains rent-stabilized tenants. They probably have some cause to be worried right now.

TriBeCa site could fetch $50M
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ould-fetch-50m

Quote:
Another potential residential development site is hitting the market for a huge price at a moment when builders are clamoring to raise luxury condo projects.

A collection of six buildings, making up the entire blockfront on West Broadway between Warren and Murray streets in TriBeCa, is being offered for sale. The property could fetch $50 million or more, according to Bob Knakal, chairman of the brokerage firm Massey Knakal Realty Services, which is marketing the portfolio.

Five of the buildings have market-rate residential rental apartments, allowing them to be cleared and redeveloped into a brand-new property, with retail space on the ground floor. About 46,000 square feet can be built in their place, according to Mr. Knakal. A sixth building in the group has rent-stabilized tenants, and hence can't be emptied, but is located on Warren Street at the periphery of the development site.

"TriBeCa is a fantastic residential and retail neighborhood," Mr. Knakal said. "This is a tremendously valuable site because a developer has the option to build both here."

If a buyer paid $50 million, it would equate to more than $1,000 a square foot for the site, what would likely be a record value for that neighborhood and one of the highest prices ever paid for a development site in the city.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

desertpunk liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2014, 02:29 AM   #920
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2064

I couldn't resist adding this bonus shot.

Tags
30 church st., 30 park, lower manhattan, new york, nyc