daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM   #581
miko_skyhigh1

Likes (Received): 37

The Gramercy Residences totals 73 floors @ around 260-265 meters +- in height as of today unless they add spire/crown in the future.
miko_skyhigh1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:27 PM   #582
anak_mm
ᜀᜈᜃ᜔ ᜋ,ᜋ,

Likes (Received): 42

gram. video
anak_mm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM   #583
junstein

Likes (Received): 231

WOW !!!
junstein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #584
leofriends
Foru'm Advisor

Likes (Received): 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko_skyhigh1 View Post
The Gramercy Residences totals 73 floors @ around 260-265 meters +- in height as of today unless they add spire/crown in the future.
I THOUGHT IT'S 302METERS?? what is 265 indeed??

Mabuhay! Welcome to the Pearl of the Orient Seas!
METRO MANILA SKYLINE SKYSCRAPERCITY PAGE
PHILIPPINE WEATHER DATA CLIMATEX
PHILIPPINE ECONOMY WIKIPEDIA | CREDIT RATINGS | GDP, GNP GROWTH | ECONOMIC FREEDOM | DOING BUSSINESS | GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS

leofriends no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:06 PM   #585
alheaine
™♥•♥•♥™

Likes (Received): 1467

maybe they'll be adding something in it's crown..
Love most those who Hate me."

--Alheaine Dredjshiah 2011
alheaine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #586
suck_hulian

Likes (Received): 1

ei guys im just new in this thread....i just hapend to register today,btw im folowing this thread years ago,and a little bit disapointed about the romourd chhoppd height of gramercy.. is it true that it didnt reach 300m? but guys im still hoping for d 1st supertall of our country,and may be that would be gramercy..
suck_hulian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #587
tyronne
Khal vezhven!

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by suck_hulian View Post
ei guys im just new in this thread....i just hapend to register today,btw im folowing this thread years ago,and a little bit disapointed about the romourd chhoppd height of gramercy.. is it true that it didnt reach 300m? but guys im still hoping for d 1st supertall of our country,and may be that would be gramercy..
You might want to check the local thread for Gramercy. There's a load of discussions about its height there.
Old June 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #588
sergey220

Likes (Received): 38

news there is
?
sergey220 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 11:16 AM   #589
party_animals

Likes (Received): 149

so this is not going to be a supertall..........very disappointing...i like this one a lot

"Bangkok has them now..." (The Hangover II)
party_animals no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:03 PM   #590
anakngpasig

Likes (Received): 8621

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_gull View Post
media blitz ???

Tallest residential condo in PH to be built in Makati
abs-cbnNEWS.com
Posted at 06/15/2011 5:50 PM | Updated as of 06/15/2011 7:24 PM
Tweet

MANILA, Philippines - A 70-storey condominium set to be built in Makati City may be the country's tallest residential condo in 2015, its developer said.

Stratford Residences will be built to a height of 312 meters, taller than Century Properties' The Gramercy Residences, which will have a height of 302 meters when completed in 2012.

Picar Development, Inc., the real estate arm of the AMA Group of Companies, is building Stratford Residences on Picar Place, a prime property measuring more than 3,500 square meters located on Kalayaan Avenue in Bel-Air, Makati City.

"But more than just height, Stratford Residences will set the bar for future luxury residential condominium developments in the metro," said Ambassador Amable R. Aguiluz V, chairman of Picar Development, Inc.

Stratford Residences will have 1,124 fully furnished residential units ranging from studio, single, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom units, and penthouses, said Picar in a statement.

Aguiluz said Hearst Tower and One Bryant Park in New York City, both premier skyscrapers, served as inspiration for the look of Stratford Residences.

The luxury condo has a curvilinear design named as one of the best designs of 2009 by BCI Asia, an expert in construction market information.

"Its folded facade is not just for aesthetics, it helps in capturing and maximizing the presence of natural and artificial light," Aguiluz said.

The condo will offer varied amenities, such as a fitness center, meditation garden, lanai, adult-sized and kiddie-sized swimming pools, children's day care center, and play area.

It will also have a library, music library, a private mini-theater, and function room for events. Residents will also enjoy a 24-hour concierge service, remote-controlled lighting system, and Wi-Fi access on every floor.

Commercial establishments will be housed on the condo's first 3 floors. An 8-level underground parking area that can accommodate 694 cars has been included in the plans

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle...e-built-makati
news article
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:02 PM   #591
alheaine
™♥•♥•♥™

i dont know but maybe gramercy is keeping something..hmmmmmm..and stratford is trailing from what gramercy would do..

Old June 25th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #592
SSC Metro Manila
Philippine Sun(is)rising!

awesome shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker.face View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossboneka View Post
BCG with Gramercy at the background.
thanks for sharing that! it's very nice! you even see makati at the back. parang new york tlga!

Last edited by SSC Metro Manila; June 25th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
SSC Metro Manila no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #593
harry·chao

Likes (Received): 583

this's really nice
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #594
alheaine
™♥•♥•♥™

i can attest that gram's crown is still to be installed..

Old June 26th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #595
SSC Metro Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobin Holmes View Post
Boat building has been one of the earliest forms of engineering and hobby as well. Most hobbyists prefer to build themselves a boat rather than buy. Why? Above all other reasons, it is simply because they take glory in calling their craft their own. What about you? Why build your own boat?
another spamer... got sick of u guys
Old July 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #596
SSC Metro Manila

updates folks?
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #597
anak_mm
ᜀᜈᜃ᜔ ᜋ,ᜋ,

Likes (Received): 42

i don't think its T/O yet
anak_mm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #598
alheaine
™♥•♥•♥™

yeah it's not..

btw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniLaboy_me View Post
share ko lng this pic of Makati skyline w/ Gram from The Fort view...

Last edited by alheaine; July 27th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old August 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #599
GeorgeDeCarlo
Soho Central Resident

Likes (Received): 27

Article: Tips on buying a condominium

Please spread this article. Please pay attention to #8. In the US such secrecy would mean lawsuit. As we struggle in our building, please locate all such articles for review.

I would strongly suggest that you get copies of the Bylaws and Master Deed and scan them and spread to all Buyers and Brokers. Also, have the broker and developer sign a statement that you have been been given all documents and that any that have not been presented and sign for will not apply to you, ever. Then let the author of the article below and all newspapers know the result. It is time the Buyers let the condominium developers know that no more secrecy and games are allowed. A Century Property Buyer, George

Times Chronicle: Good Morning Philippines Vol. 01, No. 26, page 5 - Wednesday, August 24, 2011
www.goodmorningphilippines.ph

Wind of Change
By Armando Ang

Tips on buying a condominium

Many readers have urged us to write something about housing, given that this is a major investment for many of them. For the benefit of those readers, we’ve made certain guidelines in buying a condominium, the most popular among the housing units, that will ensure a smooth transaction from the start until the turnover.
Here are my top ten tips.1. The most important step to take is to determine how much you can afford to spend. This is no problem for the rich. For those buying on installment, one good rule of thumb is to spend no more than onethird of your net monthly income. This means that all current monthly credit such as car financing should also be deducted. If you still have difficulties, your financial adviser would be a great help.
Before embarking, it would be wise to start saving for a home. It could mean a lower interest rate. The bigger the down payment or the shorter the period of loan the better for you. A one percent difference could mean hundreds of thousands of pesos in savings. If you have extra funds, prepayment is allowed by law with a little penalty.
2. Make a wish list of all your needs and wants in a house. The need is what is the minimum requirement needed for the family to live comfortably while the wants are the amenities in a home. Trade-offs are common between needs and wants. Do not fail to take into account the needs for the future if the intent is to live on the unit for a long time.
The needs should always have priority. They include location, neighboring, school, church, workplace, shopping malls, etc. that will minimize cost of travel. Other needs include the number and sizes of the rooms, parking spaces, etc. Speaking of garage, choose one that is nearest to the ground level and choose it early before someone beats you to it.
3. The service of a licensed real estate broker is indispensable, especially for those new to house hunting. A good place to find a broker is through your relatives, friends, and co-workers. Be aware that most brokers are biased toward the sellers because they are the ones paying their commission. However, you can manipulate them to get a lower price. The freelance broker is not exactly dedicated to the seller or buyer. All he wants is to make a sale and gets his commission.
The service of realtors is free to all homebuyers even if the latter is the one who approach them. Furnish him all the important criteria such as your budgetand needs and wants. A freelancer would be able to show more units and all the cost of owning, including the closing costs and taxes. Unlike the real estate salesmen found in the malls, brokers are aware ofother expenses especially the taxes due and those responsible for them.
It always pays to canvass on the going price of units in the same vicinity, taking into account the location of the building. Look for them at the newspaper ads, brochures, flyers, magazines, etc. Every bit of information is a bargaining tool for you to keep the price down. You will be amazed how realtors are willing to reduce their price tag to the limit for an intelligent buyer.
4. Remember to buy from a reputable developer but expect premium prices. Beware of those who overcharge their customers with their reputation. Do not be deceived by developers with their zero-interest. They are using your money in constructing the condominium. If fact, the actual cost of building the condominium is less than a third of what it will cost them. With this in mind, always ask for the specifications and brands of the materials to be used in the building. Cheating on materials is the number one reason why many developers are making fortunes out of these enterprises. Almost all billionaires in the country are into the real estate industry.
5. If you are not in a hurry, wait for the buyer’s market. If there is a glut in the market or the economic condition is bad, developers can be expected to lower their prices. Caution: waiting for a buyer’s market may take a long time. There are also buyers immigrating and willing to sell cheaply even at a loss. There are sellers of condos under construction who cannot keep up the payments and willing to pass their units to others at a loss.
6. Do not be sway by the advertisement of low down payment, zero-interest payment and low monthly payment. They are only inducement for buyers to entertain the thought of buying from them. The zerointerest is actually a misnomer because you are not yet enjoying the use of the unit. The waiting can last for years and if you are unlucky, may never see the inside of the unit.
There are other charges in owning a condo. These are the association due charge by the homeowners’ association, exorbitant water consumption fee, insurance for the building, real property tax on the common areas, your individual real property tax, etc. Often charges meant to be paid by the developers are passed on to the buyers.
7. If you are buying on an installment basis, beware of the balloon payments. There may be several of them to make it easier for buyers to comply. It is the number one cause why many buyers have lost their investment without even seeing the building completed. Buyers usually have to wait for years before while they try to complete the installment.
Make sure you can pay off the mortgage if you have one. Those buying on a pre-selling unit do not need a mortgage because the developers are not going to give you the Condominium Title of Certificate until it is completely paid. For those who mortgaged their property to the banks, be sure to pay off the loan on time or lost heavily. This is because the banks usually loan out 70% of the total value of the unit. This is why they expect you to put up a 30% downpayment before approving your loan. Should you default, they stand to make at least 30% offhand.
8. Read your contract of sale carefully. Most of the contracts of adhesion are binding unless you have it deleted. The buyer is entitled to have any provision changed, especially when it was not originally included in the negotiation. It happened to me when I had an escalation clause removed in the contract. Whatever you discussed and agreed upon with the salesman or broker should be written down. Developers have an overriding provision in the contract not to comply with whatever you agreed upon.
Before making any deposit, read the condominium corporation, by-laws and the master deeds. The developer is very secretive about these documents because there is no way it can be changed once it is filed with the SEC. Most of them have something to hide such as high association dues over and above what is needed. The buyer is expected to comply with its provisions. Some of them may not be to your taste such as disallowing pets or visitors after certain hours.
Beware of one onerous provision in the document that allows the landowners to take back the property including the building after the lapse of fifty years. Some of these developers in joint venture with the landowner may be scamming buyers without informing them. It is incumbent on the HLRUB to require developer/landowner to advise them of this provision during pre-selling or in their brochure if there is one. Always put a contingency clause such as subject to loan approval or home inspector’s for those completed unit before you make any deposit payment. There is always the possibility of a buyer having second thought about the unit.
9. Most of the contracts of sale include provisions from the Maceda Law. It is not the best protection accorded to the buyers, mainly because of the waiting period from the time of the first payment to the time of turnover. It may take as long as five years before you see the inside of your unit. That is if you are lucky the building will be completed. Most of them the actual cost of constructing the unit including the land is only a fraction of what you are paying. The developers are using mostly your money and still charging you exorbitant price.
10. The art of negotiation is very important to get a lowball price. As long as you hold unto your money, there is a big chance of getting a better deal, even from those purportedly price listed by the developers. If their own employees can get as much as 5% discount, surely they will be willing to sell with the same discount to dispose the burden of selling a condo.
For more information, read my
book Guide to Homeownership. For
comment and suggestions, my e-mail
address is [email protected]
GeorgeDeCarlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #600
ManilaBoy45

This thread is about Gramercy Residence and not about laws, please stay on topic and avoid posting irrelevant subjects like the one above which is a 'SPAM'...

As Seen 3 Months Ago on June 2011

Last edited by ManilaBoy45; September 6th, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
ManilaBoy45 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
manila