daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Urban Planning

Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM   #141
iloilocitykid
Go Bords

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_MD View Post
wow! 7 hospitals in a city! so i think there's enough room for all the patients.
I forgot to add one more, the Saint Therese MTC Hospital. That's 8 hospitals to cater to a city of 70 sqkm and a population of just 400K. Currently, St. Paul's Hospital, Great Saviour Int'l Hospital, WVMC, WVSUMC, Doctors Hospital and Don Benito Hospital are expanding. I don't know about the other two.

Add to that the Medicus Clinics. They provide clinicing processes and MRI, CT Scan, ECG and the like. They're complete actually and has expanded throughout Panay. THey have a proposed hospital, which is around 12 floors.
I always wonder why people in SSC fight over who has "better possessions" when the real battle is always poverty and social justice. It's sad to see a nation as great as the Philippines being divided into selfish regions for titles that would probably be forgotten in a week's time.

I believe people always fail to ask: what is real development?

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and by the grace of God I will do it. - Professor Winnie Monsod
iloilocitykid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM   #142
bacolodchamp
Bacolod On My Mind

Likes (Received): 6114

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloilocitykid View Post
I forgot to add one more, the Saint Therese MTC Hospital. That's 8 hospitals to cater to a city of 70 sqkm and a population of just 400K. Currently, St. Paul's Hospital, Great Saviour Int'l Hospital, WVMC, WVSUMC, Doctors Hospital and Don Benito Hospital are expanding. I don't know about the other two.

Add to that the Medicus Clinics. They provide clinicing processes and MRI, CT Scan, ECG and the like. They're complete actually and has expanded throughout Panay. THey have a proposed hospital, which is around 12 floors.
i think hospitals in iloilo city just like in the cities of cebu and bacolod do not only cater to patients within the city but also from all over the province and even the other panay provinces in the absence of modern facilities in their area.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:03 PM   #143
iloilocitykid
Go Bords

True. A lot of the patients are actually from the province, and in Iloilo's case, provinces even from Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras and sometimes even some of Negros Occ. come to Iloilo although it is also noted that some of Iloilo's citizens go to Bacolod for procedures not in Iloilo such as Liposuction.

In Iloilo though, there are at least six more hospitals, each per district (including the Mental Hospital) so if it would be possible, they would go there. Metro towns usually go to Iloilo for treatment. I guess this would be the same for all provinces in the country.
I always wonder why people in SSC fight over who has "better possessions" when the real battle is always poverty and social justice. It's sad to see a nation as great as the Philippines being divided into selfish regions for titles that would probably be forgotten in a week's time.

I believe people always fail to ask: what is real development?

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do, and by the grace of God I will do it. - Professor Winnie Monsod
iloilocitykid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #144
jhunix
CoD4

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtApoStandard View Post

Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Center- world class treatment now in Davao City

The DMSF Hospital welcomes another big break in the medical field by being the FIRST Hospital in the entire Visayas and Mindanao that houses the latest in Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT).

The United Medical Supply operates inside the DMSF Hospital the Brand New SECHRIST 3200 monoplace chamber, US PVHO (Pressure Vessel for Human Occupancy), US FDA. It is internationally certified for medical use and safety suited for critical care patients that needed such treatment.

The HBOT is a medical treatment where a patient breaths 100% oxygen while in a pressurized chamber. Large doses of oxygen are dissolved into blood or body tissues. These benefits cannot be achieved by breathing normal amounts of oxygen in a regular room Oxygen pressure. HBOT stimulates small blood vessel growth, promotes new skin growth and helps fight infection. Furthermore, it aids in the current medical and surgical therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtApoStandard View Post

DMSF Hospital Radiology department turns digital

To keep abreast with the demands of quality and multifunctionality in the medical service for the Davaoeños and its neighboring communities, the DMSF Hospital installed the Digital Iconos Siemens R100.

The newly installed machine is in accordance with the goal of the management for an efficient and effective yet affordable delivery of digital- flouro radiography.

The AXIOM Iconos R100 is a universal overtable fluoroscopy system. It provides easy access to the patient from the back of the table to both sides of the receptor stand. The machine's total concepts are: outstanding image quality, easy handling, maximum radiation protection and optimal networking.

The new fluoroscopy machine provides the capability for a wide range of applications including gastro-intestinal and genito-urinary exams and special procedures to routine radiographic work.

The Siemens R100 is manned by competent staff headed by department head Dr. Samuel R. Bangoy.

People from all walks of life can have the opportunity to enjoy and experience the detailed radiographic work brought to you by the Medical School Hospital.

nice...
jhunix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #145
Waldenstrom
>>---->

Likes (Received): 35

I've never seen HBOT before. It looks scary hehe. anyway, DMSF has one of the best looking hospital buildings in the country IMO.
Old June 7th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #146
michael_ray
TSADABOY84

Likes (Received): 397

Cagayan de Oro's... Capitol University Medical City

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
michael_ray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #147
jhunix
CoD4

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaob4now View Post

Davao Doctors Hospital's Heart Institute remains the most advance in cardiovascular care in the region and is now at par with premier hospitals in Manila and Cebu with its newly acquired Siemens Axion Artis Cath Lab System. DDH cardiac surgeon Dr. Mark Maruya (in scrub suit) and invasive cardiologist Dr. Roy Barcinas discuss the equipment's capabilities after the inauguration Tuesday.
(Sun.Star Davao/Rene B. Lumawag)

*Davao Doctors hospital, the most advance and modern tertiary hospital in Mindanao, the first and one of the only two ISO Certified Hospital in Davao...

is there any other ISO certified hospital in mindanao???
Quote:
Originally Posted by davaoeagle View Post
I guess we'll be seeing more upgrades in this medical facility very soon!!

Thursday, June 12, 2008
Pangilinan confirms purchase of Davao Doctors Hospital
By Nelson C. Bagaforo
Sunstar Davao

MANUEL Pangilinan, chair of the Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT), confirmed that Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC), which he also chairs, has already acquired 34 percent ownership of Davao Region's most modern medical facility - Davao Doctors Hospital (DDH).

He said the company has purchased shares of existing stockholders, 34 percent or 310,000 shares of the total issued shares for P1,600 each for a total of at least P500 million.

This makes the company the principal shareholder of the DDH, which owns 100 percent of Davao Doctors College, 30 percent of Davao Doctors Oncology Center Inc., and 82.5 percent of Allied Professional and Development Corp.

MPIC is a local unit of Hong Kong-listed First Pacific Holdings Ltd., which also acquired a significant equity stake in PLDT.

Pangilinan said the DDH acquisition is part of Metro Pacific's plan to expand further its health service portfolio. The company also owns Medical Doctors Inc. (MDI), which operates the Makati Medical Center.

"Medyo successful kame sa Makati Medical Center. Hospital is a very good investment because people get sick," he said in a press conference shortly after PLDT's annual stockholders meeting at Dusit Hotel in Makati City on Tuesday.

He added that they also want to provide high standard and quality medical service to people in Mindanao.

"Davao is a great place to invest specially in health care," he said.

With MPIC's entry to DDH, Pangilinan said plans are underway to further improve its facilities, including medical equipment and personnel. He did not elaborate.

DDH's current director-shareholders include Dr. Alfonso T. Lopez, Dr. Herminio A. Villano Sr., Dr. Carmer I. Guanlao and Dr. Pelagio V. Iriarte. They will be replaced by Manuel V. Pangilinan, Edward A. Tortorici, Jose Ma. K. Lim, and Augusto O. Palisoc Jr.

Pangilinan said with the acquisition of DDH, MPIC has increased its capacity to 2,500 beds and it is pushing through with the plan to increase further to 3,000 beds this year.

This can be done through acquiring more hospital in the Visayas and Luzon areas, particularly in Cebu and Subic.

Pangilinan said they have already initiated talks with local partners, for the acquisition of a hospital in Cebu, but refused to reveal them.

"We will continue to build facilities to cure," he said, citing the company's objective to set up a network of hospital that provides quality and affordable health care to every Filipino.

Earlier, MPIC said it will "be keen on pursuing opportunities to expand investments in the health-care and infrastructure sector, as well as new segments such as agriculture, bio-fuels, hospitality, and mining."
jhunix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #148
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Likes (Received): 6

Hey, hey hey... P1,600 per share sa Davao Doc?

Can I inquire if who can buy such shares? Only doctors or what?

If the hospital is managed properly, that P1,600 per share could grow to P20,000 in just a few months or years..

My mom bought shares at a hospital here in Cebu before, around P2,500 per share I think when the hospital was still newly built... Right now the shares are more than P50,000 each in value.

//

LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #149
LordCarnal
Filius Dei

Likes (Received): 6

are there SSC members here who are nurses or mds based right now either in CDO or Davao?

//

LordCarnal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 03:49 PM   #150
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 237

5 state hospitals up for integration

A plan to build a world-class medical tourism facility within Quezon City’s north and east triangles is encountering opposition from health workers.

The plan, spelled out in a Health Department resolution, calls for the integration of five state-owned hospitals into the Philippine Center for Specialized Health Care. Health workers branded the plan as a subtle means to trim the workforce in the five state hospitals and enable the government to engage in profit-oriented venture, sacrificing the welfare of indigents.

The creation of PCSHC will serve as the centerpiece of the government’s medical tourism program that aims to earn more dollars, according to the Health resolution, whose avowed goal is “to maximize the advantages arising from a commonality of hospital services and facilities.”

Health Secretary Francisco Duque, four of his undersecretaries and members of the board of trustees of the specialized hospitals signed the resolution.

The four specialized hospitals, namely the Lung Center of the Philippines [LCP], National Kidney Transplant Institute [NKTI], Philippine Heart Center [PHC] and Philippine Children’s Medical Center [PCMC], along with the East Avenue Medical Center will be placed under one management, according to the plan.

The state-of-the-art PCSHC will form part of the proposed QC-Central Business District’s downtown hub which will have medical, training, science and other institutional locators integrated with commercial and residential developments.

Sources privy to the plan said the hospitals that are up for integration will remain where they are and become mere departments of the PCSHC which will likely hold its main office either at the present LCP or NKTI premises. All these hospitals are just a stone-throw away from each other, along East Avenue and Quezon Avenue.

The source could not give an estimate of the cost of the integration plan, which will cover transfer of facilities and the procurement of modern hospital equipment.

The Health resolution stated that “to maximize the economic and other advantages arising from the commonality of certain hospital services and facilities among the participating health institutions, it was deemed necessary to restructure and integrate their services and resources and other areas of mutual concerns.”

The integration program was bolstered by the issuance of Executive Order 620 and 620-A signed by President Arroyo in May 2007 and September 2007, respectively. It will be spearheaded by the Urban Triangle Development Commission, which is tasked to convert the East and North triangles, including the Veterans Memorial Medical Center and the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife, into a central business district.

EO 620-A expanded the coverage and functions of the TriDev Commission, which was tasked, among others, to “review, evaluate, and/or integrate available urban development plans from the national government and the Quezon City government.”

These “available urban development plans” include the World Bank’s study on the “preparation of a comprehensive framework plan for the development of a central business district for Quezon City” and the study made by the Gleneagles Medical Development Corp. that delved on the integration of government hospitals in Manila and Quezon City.

As the Health resolution created a special committee to study the integration program, Gleneagles Corp., a foreign firm, was tapped to determine if the plan was feasible. The study, however, has yet to be completed. It focused on the creation of a Women’s Medical Center by lumping together Fabella Hospital in Manila, and Lung Center and East Avenue Medical in Quezon City.

The Gleneagles study said the Women’s Medical Center will become another specialty hospital to be located within the premises of LCP. It will also fall under the wings of the PCSHC.

“The decision and confirmation of Fabella Hospital and East Avenue’s Obstetrics and Gynecology department being transferred into the (LCP) will be greatly acknowledged and appreciated by all Filipinos,” the study said. The plan did not push through.

Under the original proposal, PCSHC was to be managed by a corporate board composed of government and private sector representatives. The five major hospitals would only become departments of the proposed PCSHC.

Only recently, the Lung Center Employees Association composed of some 800 hospital staff disclosed an alleged plan to “discreetly” integrate LCP and NKTI after the LCP Board decided in a resolution to donate 11,150 square meters of its property to NKTI. Likewise, the Board decided to trim NKTI debts to LCP from P4 billion to only P300 million, representing rent.

“The integration plan is now in the works, albeit, discreetly,” said LCPEA president Emmanuel Asis.

The blueprint for the integration plan remained unfinished, pending the outcome of studies by the DoH ad hoc committee and because of strong opposition from thousands of health workers and union members who fear displacement once the integration plan took effect.

The DoH resolution stipulated that most services and facilities could be integrated even without the need for an enabling law. But the same resolution also tasked the ad hoc committee to “identify services and facilities which can only be integrated by legislative action.” Thus, House Bill 5741 was filed during the 13th Congress, entitled An Act Establishing the Philippine Center for Specialized Health Care Providing Funds for Its Administration and Support and for Other Purposes. It was authored by Rep. Antonio Yapha. Its Senate counterpart was SB 1118.

EO 620-A, signed on Sept. 11, 2007, amended EO 620 that was signed in May last year. The former sought to speed up the tasks of the TriDev Commission where representatives from the Housing and Urban Development Council, office of the Mayor of Quezon City, National Housing Authority and Office of the President sit as officers and members.

Although the planned integration plan was seen to attract more dollar-paying patients as part of government’s medical tourism program, it was viewed with a wary eye by thousands of government doctors and hospital workers.

The Alliance of National Health Workers national president Emma Manuel told Standard Today that its members will oppose the plan, citing tenurial issues and the possibility that indigents could no longer afford the services of these specialized hospitals.

“The integration or medical tourism program is a euphemism for privatization of these hospitals. It’s like having the government, which should be service-oriented, to compete with private hospitals and become profit-motivated,” Manuel said.

The plan, according to Manuel, might lead to massive displacement of hospital workers from the five institutions.

“The medical tourism program and integration’s main agenda is to generate more profit. More dollars from foreign patients. What happens to the poor patients we have around? That is the still unanswered question,” Manuel quipped.

Each of the five hospitals will lose 800 workers once the integration comes into force, Manuel said.
kiretoce no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2008, 03:53 PM   #151
nicko
notLOST--justUNDISCOVERED

Likes (Received): 43

Silliman University Medical Center

Silliman University Medical Arts Center / Medical Center Annex

Bridged together

Silliman University Medical School
Old July 20th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #152
kevinb
I am me.

Likes (Received): 24

The Davao and CDO hospital pics are neat!
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #153
Waldenstrom
>>---->

P200-M Modern Medical Tourism Center to Rise in Tagaytay City

CONSTRUCTION starts for a P200- million tertiary hospital and wellness center equipped with modern medical facilities in Tagaytay City, one of the country’s premier tourist destinations, which has joined the growing medical tourism industry in the country.

The Tagaytay Hospital Systems Inc. (THSI) is a corporation formed by physicians and businessmen engaged in hospital construction and management with members that belong to a highly specialized and experienced group coming from various established health-care facilities.

THSI president and CEO Dr. Amado Manuel Enriquez Jr. said in a statement that Tagaytay hospital will directly provide benefits to host-communities by way of first-class facilities, contribution to economic development through job generation and assurance of satisfying the increasing need for health-care service in medical tourism.

Enriquez added that the hospital will be manned by Filipino specialists in all fields of medicine and health care using state-of-the-art equipment to be able to deliver optimum quality medical services.

THSI chairman of the board Geronimo David said that the Tagaytay Hospital is the latest project among several other medical tourism facilities of the company such as the Las Piñas Doctors Hospital, Metro South Medical Center and the recently opened Parañaque Doctor’s Hospital.

Other health-care facility projects currently under construction are Sta. Rosa Hospital and Medical Center and Baypointe Hospital and Medical Center in the Subic Bay Free Port Zone.

“Tagaytay hospital is offering a unique blend of medical facilities combined with first-class hotel rooms for its medical tourism patients creating a more relax ambience rather than the usual uncomfortable and awkward hospital room settings,” Enriquez added.

The project launching was highlighted with the contract signing between THSI and general contractor D.L. Cervantes Construction represented by its president Diosdado Cervantes for the construction of the hospital expected to be completed within the next 15 months.

“Tagaytay Hospital was designed to accommodate medical and wellness tourism featuring lobby and front desk area similar to a first-class hotel with coffee shops, organic restaurant, boutique and souvenir stores,” Cervantes said.
Cervantes added that the 100-bed six-story hospital with a total floor area of 11,680 square meters, will be built in a prime lot along Tagaytay Rotonda (circumferential) road with view decks in the upper level offering panoramic picturesque view of the famous Taal Volcano lake.

On the same occasion, Department of Tourism Assistant Secretary for sports and wellness Cynthia Carreon entered into a memorandum of agreement with THSI to become “working partners” and jointly promote the Philippines as a medical tourism destination in Asia providing best health-care services and facilities.

Carreon noted that the country would soon be the “Mecca destination for medical and wellness tourism in Asia.”
Carreon added that the Philippines, even if it is far behind in medical tourism industry from other countries such as Thailand, India, Malaysia, Singapore, among others, is fast developing to become the Asia’s best site for medical and wellness tourism with the help of the government and the entry of private investors including medical practitioners themselves.

The hospital will also provide out-patient and emergency medical services to the growing number of city residents and nearby communities.

from Phil. Retirement Inc.
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM   #154
iamjomar
Unregistered User

looking from the rendering, it's kinda grand
iamjomar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #155
ritche
Your Financial Advisor

Likes (Received): 633

I guess these medical tourism centers are closely linked to the retirement industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldenstrom View Post
P200-M Modern Medical Tourism Center to Rise in Tagaytay City

CONSTRUCTION starts for a P200- million tertiary hospital and wellness center equipped with modern medical facilities in Tagaytay City, one of the country’s premier tourist destinations, which has joined the growing medical tourism industry in the country.

The Tagaytay Hospital Systems Inc. (THSI) is a corporation formed by physicians and businessmen engaged in hospital construction and management with members that belong to a highly specialized and experienced group coming from various established health-care facilities.

THSI president and CEO Dr. Amado Manuel Enriquez Jr. said in a statement that Tagaytay hospital will directly provide benefits to host-communities by way of first-class facilities, contribution to economic development through job generation and assurance of satisfying the increasing need for health-care service in medical tourism.

Enriquez added that the hospital will be manned by Filipino specialists in all fields of medicine and health care using state-of-the-art equipment to be able to deliver optimum quality medical services.

THSI chairman of the board Geronimo David said that the Tagaytay Hospital is the latest project among several other medical tourism facilities of the company such as the Las Piñas Doctors Hospital, Metro South Medical Center and the recently opened Parañaque Doctor’s Hospital.

Other health-care facility projects currently under construction are Sta. Rosa Hospital and Medical Center and Baypointe Hospital and Medical Center in the Subic Bay Free Port Zone.

“Tagaytay hospital is offering a unique blend of medical facilities combined with first-class hotel rooms for its medical tourism patients creating a more relax ambience rather than the usual uncomfortable and awkward hospital room settings,” Enriquez added.

The project launching was highlighted with the contract signing between THSI and general contractor D.L. Cervantes Construction represented by its president Diosdado Cervantes for the construction of the hospital expected to be completed within the next 15 months.

“Tagaytay Hospital was designed to accommodate medical and wellness tourism featuring lobby and front desk area similar to a first-class hotel with coffee shops, organic restaurant, boutique and souvenir stores,” Cervantes said.
Cervantes added that the 100-bed six-story hospital with a total floor area of 11,680 square meters, will be built in a prime lot along Tagaytay Rotonda (circumferential) road with view decks in the upper level offering panoramic picturesque view of the famous Taal Volcano lake.

On the same occasion, Department of Tourism Assistant Secretary for sports and wellness Cynthia Carreon entered into a memorandum of agreement with THSI to become “working partners” and jointly promote the Philippines as a medical tourism destination in Asia providing best health-care services and facilities.

Carreon noted that the country would soon be the “Mecca destination for medical and wellness tourism in Asia.”
Carreon added that the Philippines, even if it is far behind in medical tourism industry from other countries such as Thailand, India, Malaysia, Singapore, among others, is fast developing to become the Asia’s best site for medical and wellness tourism with the help of the government and the entry of private investors including medical practitioners themselves.

The hospital will also provide out-patient and emergency medical services to the growing number of city residents and nearby communities.

from Phil. Retirement Inc.
4 foreign chambers identify 5 cities as retirement havens
By BERNIE CAHILES-MAGKILAT

Four foreign chambers of commerce comprising of Japan, Korea, European and US have identified five areas – Manila, Subic, Tagaytay, Cebu and Dumaguete – as ideal retirement havens in the country that can really provide full service to foreign retirees.

Henry Schumacher, executive vice president of the European Chamber in the Philippines, said the four foreign chambers have already formed the International Chamber of Commerce, Retirement and Healthcare Coalition primarily to promote the Philippines as a retirement market.

"We have to see to it that they will be provided the required amenities and an end-to-end service – from the time they arrive at the airport to caretaker down to undertaker," Schumacher said.

"We believe the retirement market is an exciting market for the Philippines and if we want to be known as a retirement haven then we have to move now," Schumacher said.

According to Schumacher, the five cities have been chosen as priority areas as the country’s retirement sites largely due to their excellent medical facilities to serve the medical needs of foreign retirees, who may decide to make the Philippines their second home.

The five cities have excellent medical facilities and have the right environment for retirees to stay longer in the country.

Dumaguete, simply the place to be...

ritche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #156
WawaY[625]
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

posted by dinabaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinabaw View Post
Medical City eyes medical
tourists, out-patient clinics

By ALBERT CASTRO

Medical City is in the middle of a P700 million expansion program that will enable it to cater to more medical tourists.

The hospital will also set up more out-patient clinic in more malls.

Likewise it will set up more hospitals in Cebu, Davao and even Pangasinan.

Margaret A. Benzon, strategic services group head, said that once finished its nursing tower II will add 251 rooms to its current 500 rooms in Ortigas Center.

Part of the new tower is a wellness center as the hospital shifts gears to attract more medical tourists.

Medical City will offer aesthetic service, cardiovascular and cancer treatments for tourists.

It reported that last year it earned P200 million from overseas clients, with total revenues of P2.69 billion.

Bengzon said with the completion of the wellness center by December, they expect their wellness program to generate about P70 million in revenues, a 50 percent growth from the program's gross last year.

Medical City meanwhile is continuously expanding its reach, setting up networks of out-patient clinic, focusing particularly on crowd-drawing places like malls. Medical City currently has 8 outpatient clinics, mostly located in SM Malls in Metro Manila.

Bengzon said Medical City is also looking for "partnerships" with other large hospitals which will allow the firm to co-manage tertiary hospitals around the country.

Bengzon said Medical City is currently looking at areas like Cebu, Davao, Pangasinan.

Bengzon also said that Medical City might also look to list the company in the future.

Medical City is owned and managed by the Professional Services, Inc., and has been operating since 1964.

Since then Medical City has grown to become a 2,100 strong employee with an annual 40,000 in-patient visits and 380,000 outpatient visits.

http://www.malaya.com.ph/jul28/busi2.htm
WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #157
Waldenstrom
>>---->

Wow, that's great!!! So they're eyeing on Cebu, Davao and Pangasinan to have extension hospitals and not just outpatient clinics. Personally, I would want them to establish one at Pangasinan first since Cebu and Davao already have world-class hospitals.
Old August 8th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #158
bacolodchamp
Bacolod On My Mind

Likes (Received): 6114

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

OUR LADY OF MERCY SPECIALTY HOSPITAL

BACOLOD CITY

One of the first hospitals built in the city.
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:10 AM   #159
Waldenstrom
>>---->

TYCOONS SEE THE FUTURE IN SCHOOLS, HOSPITALS

MANILA, AUGUST 2, 2008 (STAR)
BULL MARKET, BULL SHEET By Wilson Lee Flores -

Why not invest your assets in the companies you really like? As Mae West said, “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.” — World’s wealthiest man, Warren Buffett

Ignore the politicians; it’s still a great time to invest in the Philippines!

First Pacific Group and PLDT/Smart chairman Manuel “Manny” V. Pangilinan is now buying hospitals nationwide and is emerging as the “Hospital King of the Philippines,” while “shopping mall king” Henry Sy of SM Group and BDO is buying banks and also, it seems, universities.

It is no secret that one of the goals of self-made taipan Henry Sy is to be No. 1 in Philippine banking with his BDO and China Banking Corporation to eclipse leaders Metrobank Group of George S.K. Ty and Bank of Philippine Islands of his former landlord, the Zobel-Ayala clan.

SM investing in Philippine education

Will Henry Sy and his family become leaders in Philippine education, invest their funds and outstanding management skills in order to help upgrade overall standards of education and help benchmark our schools with Asia’s best? Will the Sy’s investments force other universities out of complacency and encourage them to keep up with modern times?

After establishing Asia Pacific College with IBM as partner and his wife’s younger brother Dr. Paulino Tan as administrator, after becoming a major investor in his former alma mater Far Eastern University (FEU), Henry Sy has now recently purchased the 108-year-old National University located in Sampaloc district, Manila.

Sources told this writer that a new eight-story NU building project will have its groundbreaking rites on July 31. The designer of this new building is top architect Jose Siao Ling and the contractor is New Golden City Builders.

NU is the oldest privately-owned non-sectarian university in the Philippines, and its alumni include ex-President Fidel V. Ramos, the late President Carlos P. Garcia and the late writer N.V.M. Gonzalez.

Once, at a dinner with Henry Sy, this writer told him that perhaps 100 or 200 years from now people may not remember him for his malls and banks, but his investments in schools may yet be his most lasting legacy. When he asked why, I mentioned the example of Singapore’s patriotic overseas Chinese taipan and the world’s “Rubber King” of the early 20th century, Tan Kah Kee, also known in Mandarin as Chen Jiageng. He is revered all over East Asia for having built and endowed the first privately-financed university in China in 1921, the beautiful seaside Xiamen University.

Apart from galvanizing overseas Chinese in Southeast Asia to support China’s war against Japanese military invasion during World War II, Tan Kah Kee also built pioneering schools in 1913 in his hometown of Jimei in Fujian province, China, which became the modern-day Jimei University. A grandson of Tan Kah Kee is today one of Singapore’a wealthiest taipans, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp. (OCBC) and Great Eastern Life Insurance boss Lee Seng Wee.

Another patriotic overseas Chinese taipan is Hong Kong multi-billionaire Li Ka-Shing, who donated HK$2 billion for the founding of the 1.26-square-kilometer Shantou University in his ancestral hometown of Shantou in south China. Today, Shantou University has endowments worth HK$20 billion.

Manny Pangilinan once told me that the world’s top entrepreneur he admires the most is Li Ka Shing, who used to have the same office building as he did in Hong Kong years ago, and MVP saw the workaholic and simple-living Li often going to office even on Sundays.

Manny Pangilinan investing in hospitals and medical tourism

On his recent 62nd birthday, First Pacific Group and PLDT/Smart Chairman Manuel “Manny” V. Pangilinan told me, “Yes, I am running in 2010” in response to my question about whether he had any plans to seek public office in 2010 as an alternative to all the politicians, lawyers and movie stars planning to run. However, before I could scribble down my notes, MVP added: “I’m running in 2010 in the Boston Marathon.”

Congratulations to MVP for soon taking over management of Cardinal Santos Medical Center (CSMC) on Wilson Street, Greenhills, San Juan starting August 1. Named after the first Filipino cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church — Rufino Jiao Santos — this hospital used to be managed by the group of the late low-key ethnic Chinese tycoon Hilario Murillo, one of the leaders of the Lee clan association of the Philippines. Sources told this writer that the Archdiocese of Manila, owner of CSMC, will allow Pangilinan’s group to be interim caretaker for six months until a new long-term lease shall be awarded.

MVP has also been running the Makati Medical Center for some years now and just recently bought 34 percent shareholdings in 39-year-old Davao Doctors Hospital for P500 million through Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC).

Davao Doctors Hospital also owns 100 percent of Davao Doctors College, 30 percent of Davao Doctors Oncology Center Inc. and 82.5 percent of Allied Professional and Development Corp. MPIC also owns Medical Doctors Inc. (MDI), which operates the Makati Medical Center.

Manny Pangilinan said his group is looking to acquire hospitals in the Visayas like in Iloilo City or Bacolod City, and since no hospital owner wants to sell in Cebu, his group is planning to construct a new modern hospital with a budget of P1.5 billion.

The sunrise industry of medical tourism is one of his corporate goals. MVP said he wants all the hospitals his group is managing to have “a spa-like atmosphere” in order to help the sick recover faster and also to promote medical tourism in the Philippines.

Let’s tap trillion-dollar medical tourism industry & others

PricewaterhouseCoopers, an American consulting company, said residents of 24 countries in the world had spent US$2.7 trillion in 2002 on health care and that this spending is expected to reach US$10 trillion by 2020 based on estimated future growth of the world’s population aged 65 and above.

Medical tourism should be one of the strategic goals of Philippine economic development plans. Instead of the Philippines exporting our talented, English-speaking nurses, caregivers and doctors-turned-nurses to hospitals and hospices worldwide, why don’t we invest in and develop world-class medical tourism facilities and bring the whole world here to our shores?

It’s the same way with mining. Instead of our politicians and their rent-seeking cohorts or foreign carpetbaggers cornering all the mining rights of resource-rich Philippines just for fast-buck mass exports of raw minerals, why don’t we invest in modern processing factories here in the Philippines and export higher value-added products to the whole world?

We should tell our politicians to come up with long-term strategic master plans on medical tourism, eco-tourism, alternative energy such as geothermal or solar; on agriculture, on aquaculture, on information technology and business process outsourcing; on mining and refining; and on entertainment, high fashion and other industries where the Philippine economy could be globally competitive, instead of just throwing away billions of pesos on politically expedient, short-term and simplistic-thinking subsidies!

Old August 18th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #160
PINOYmeat
Dislikes Received : 10986

Likes (Received): 234

sensya na eto lang talaga ang hospital na very accessible sa akin, heh...

perpetual succour hospital, cebu city

CEBU by your stellar achievements. they are painfully reminded of their own mediocrity and puny existence
PINOYmeat no está en línea   Reply With Quote