daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 8th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #1
hariskec

Likes (Received): 0

SARAJEVO | Avaz Queen Tower | 123m | Pro

New project by Avaz Group next to existing Avaz Twist Tower.
By same local architect - Faruk Kapidžić - ADS Group.
This tower will look like a chess queen figure.
Project is proposed and now is waiting for approval by city authorities.

For Avaz Twist Tower look at: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=477118

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Stunning! good for Sarajevo! A very original design. The Balkan is growing go go go.
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #3
LeMoN-SK
Regular Fool

Likes (Received): 81

Not bad, the Twist Tower looks much better though...
LeMoN-SK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #4
SanYava

I like how this tower looks.
Look how ATT is alone on Marindvor and it doesn't look nice.
I hope this tower will be built faster than the other tower.

Last edited by SanYava; August 2nd, 2008 at 10:31 PM.
SanYava no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #5
AdnanPD
Svi smo mi Broj 1.

Likes (Received): 3862

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanYava View Post
Obožavam izgled Kraljičinog tornja.
Zaista je prelijep, pogledajte kako je ružno kad samo ATT stoji na Marindvoru sve ostalo je bezveze oko njega

Please only English on this part of the forum.
Samo na engleskom na ovom dijelu foruma.

AQT is really nice, another unique tower for Sarajevo.

Hope they will build more towers in that part of the city.

How cool would it be that Bosmal towers are near the ATT and AQT
AdnanPD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #6
LoKeY

Likes (Received): 26

Looks like Bender (from Futurama) hitting on a female robot

Nova Gorica - Slovenija
LoKeY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #7
LordMarshall
Evil is a Point of View

Location: Banja Luka - San Francisco - Washington DC - Taipei - Damascus - Amman - Jakarta - Seoul
Likes (Received): 4967

it would be nice for the bosmal towers to be closer but this way at least the concentration of projects is distributed. projections show that the city will have about 700 million marks of construction investment this year out of that 40 percent is concentrated in the area of Marin Dvor which is where we see the ATT and AQT towers.

the legal hurdles for AQT are over and the tower should start by the end of this year.

“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles” - Mahatma Gandhi

LordMarshall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #8
SanYava

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanPrijedor View Post
Please only English on this part of the forum.
Samo na engleskom na ovom dijelu foruma.

AQT is really nice, another unique tower for Sarajevo.

Hope they will build more towers in that part of the city.

How cool would it be that Bosmal towers are near the ATT and AQT
I understand English
I think they will build more and more towers at Marindvor's place, soon.
I don't think that Bosmal Towers would look nice with ATT&AQT complex.
Bosmal looks more like some building from early '80.-ies, and Avaz TT&QT are some kind of future in Sarajevo.
Any way, I love it
Old July 28th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #9
Blue-9

A fitting building for such a beautiful part of the World.

Bosnia must be a very different Country than I saw over a decade ago, but I am looking forward to my next visit even more now.
Blue-9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #10
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanYava View Post
I understand English
I think they will build more and more towers at Marindvor's place, soon.
I don't think that Bosmal Towers would look nice with ATT&AQT complex.
Bosmal looks more like some building from early '80.-ies, and Avaz TT&QT are some kind of future in Sarajevo.
Any way, I love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
Just to explain a few errors in your observation. The first is the private homes that you see have mostly been built without any authorization or permits (the older ones had been tagged for demolition 25 years ago). Number two the tower is actually right next to two of principle transport corridors which are now in the final pre construction faze.
The zoning for that area has been for the longest time industrial and commercial and is at the intersection of 2 city highways both have been in city’s urban blueprint from the late 70’s and construction was started on one (northern bypass) but both projects were halted because of lack of funds in the pre-olympic years and halted a second time due to the war.
This tower is lesser of a problems in Sarajevo the biggest being illegal and uncontrolled private home construction.

So I think so as well, its planned to be used as such a zone, its not like its the old city or something.

I also agree that the Bosmal towers would not look good in that area. Whats important for buildings is their functionality and esthetics in their given location.

As for this tower, I dont like the "crown". The good thing is as many others have commented about this project already, that it is a complex. Otherwise the whole crown things is really bad.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #11
AdnanPD
Svi smo mi Broj 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
I also agree that the Bosmal towers would not look good in that area. Whats important for buildings is their functionality and esthetics in their given location
It doesn't need to be right next to ATT but just a little bit closer. So when u look from some angle u can get a skyline. Bosmal should be somewhere on Grbavica and closer to Skenderija not so far away on Otoka.
Old July 29th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #12
Jarmo K
3:36

Likes (Received): 232

omfg this is hideous. both of them are... what the hell's wrong with this architect? let me guess - he's some guy whose best work is from 1980's and since then he has no idea what is going on in the world of architecture...

can any of the bosnian forumers provide some info about this faruk kapidžić? can't seem to find any on from the net... guess he doesn't have a homepage...
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #13
MelbourneMaverick

Likes (Received): 3

They both look awsome just cause you can't cope originality.
MelbourneMaverick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #14
AdnanPD
Svi smo mi Broj 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmo K View Post
omfg this is hideous. both of them are... what the hell's wrong with this architect? let me guess - he's some guy whose best work is from 1980's and since then he has no idea what is going on in the world of architecture...

can any of the bosnian forumers provide some info about this faruk kapidžić? can't seem to find any on from the net... guess he doesn't have a homepage...
These towers are unique and very nice you should go and look at the Avaz Twist Tower thread and see how nice it is when almost done.

Bosnia was always unique and it will stay that way we don't need to copy from others
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #15
hariskec

Quote:

Hm. Faruj Kapidzic is a young architect. Here is a web page about ADS Group architects where you can find some of there works:
http://www.bosna-s.ba/File/bosna-ads/index.htm
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM   #16
Jarmo K

thanks a lot, hariskec! (:

i looked through the office's homepage, and to be honest - i only found one thing i actually liked [the turkish ziraat bank competition entry project...]

otherwise these architects seem to be stuck in 1980's... i can see faruj's style is deeply influenced by his father ahmet's... [at least it seems so.]

i'll look through some a10 numbers which mention contemporary architecture in b&h. i'm sure [at least i hope] this kind of degenerate architecture, this sort of mutated postmodernism, as seen above in this thread is not the mainstream "style" down south of europe... : /
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:45 PM   #17
Jarmo K

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdnanPrijedor View Post
These towers are unique and very nice you should go and look at the Avaz Twist Tower thread and see how nice it is when almost done.

Bosnia was always unique and it will stay that way we don't need to copy from others
i've seen the thread and i really-really don't think it's nice

no hard feelings, it's just not my taste (:
Old July 31st, 2008, 08:56 PM   #18
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
thanks a lot, hariskec! (:

i looked through the office's homepage, and to be honest - i only found one thing i actually liked [the turkish ziraat bank competition entry project...]

otherwise these architects seem to be stuck in 1980's... i can see faruj's style is deeply influenced by his father ahmet's... [at least it seems so.]

i'll look through some a10 numbers which mention contemporary architecture in b&h. i'm sure [at least i hope] this kind of degenerate architecture, this sort of mutated postmodernism, as seen above in this thread is not the mainstream "style" down south of europe... : /

I found a couple of ones which I like. But I guess it depends on your perception of what modern architecthure is and/or should be like. The important thing is that it fits with its environment.

I do agree that the queen tower is quite peculiar. I think that simple and stylisticly pure is the way to go with a touch of green in Bosnia becaus eof its nature, but then there are also other local influences as well as technological and infrastructural limitations and possibilities.

Im not sure about the twist tower either, because I doubt how well it will look in a surrounding with more high rise office facilities conglomerated there in the future, as its likely to happen. Especially since it has the spire also. But it looks fine so far.

P.S. I see you have a blog called destuctivist, well, we are bound to differ then. I dont like that at all, in fact there is a lot with modern architechture i dont like. Edges pointing in all directions, unnatural, grotesque shapes that stick out like sore thumbs, metallic parts, random shapes that a three year old could put together put in the middle of some old well designed place... but then there is also a lot of good things going on though . And the good factors as far as im concerned is the stylistic purity, cleanness, open and bright and accessible areas etc.

I think facilities should melt in with/interact with their environment through similarities but also provide a comfortable space for its users, which is natural to use and designed around its application and its needs and possibilities, and encouraging these possibilities and usages.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]

Last edited by Alle; July 31st, 2008 at 09:13 PM.
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:28 PM   #19
SanYava

Quote:
i've seen the thread and i really-really don't think it's nice

no hard feelings, it's just not my taste (:
Look, I understand that you don't like the tower, and that's your right, but why don't you look from the other side - this is a modern architecture.
Can you imagine??? MODERN ARHITECTURE in SARAJEVO?
Sarajevo was always behind Belgrade and Zagreb because people who were on the "RIGHT" places in ex -Yu, they always put Sarajevo at second place, because it was a city with much more muslims than any other (I mean on capital citys in ex -Yu).
Now - it's time for Sarajevo to show it's talents.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:20 AM   #20
zameire

like many other vibrant new growing muslim city,
the sceptical about muslim sucess always there
but when chicago got their calatravaish, all over the world clapped just because they use the branding name.
but when dubai did some extraordinary architecture, the other side of the world
said' oh ... it just world of disneyland, rubbish, waste of oil sheikh money'

its so pathetic ...
honestly i like how sarajevo bring back the strength after the WW1 when Ottomon left them. this muslim architect just show his talent in their unique way. well done
zameire no está en línea   Reply With Quote