daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Old May 13th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #1
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 3920

[BG] Bulgaria | road infrastructure • Автомагистрали

Let's start a thread about Bulgarian motorways and other highways. Finding pics of this country is hard, and many are outdated.

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #2
radi6404

Likes (Received): 26

please include the struma motorway as it is the best motorway in bulgaria, if you have show pics of the maritca and cherno more motorway, i have read that they started to build the ljulin motorway in sofia, finally.

Last edited by radi6404; May 13th, 2007 at 07:43 PM.
radi6404 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #3
ChrisZwolle
Road user

is there a number for this Struma Motorway?
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #4
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
is there a number for this Struma Motorway?
No number like A or something, it is build on the national road E-79, it is the same road but not a two line road near pernik but a proper shiny new motorway.
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #5
ChrisZwolle
Road user

found some more pics;

1. Sofija - Dupnica

2. Blagoevgrad

Old May 13th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #6
radi6404

Old May 13th, 2007, 07:55 PM   #7
radi6404

Quote:
oh my god, this is it, awesome, thanks for showing these pics, this is really an awesome motorway.
Imagine this quality of motorway til thesaloniki, wow. Can you find a pic of the maritca motorway.

Last edited by radi6404; May 13th, 2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #8
radi6404

Hey Chris, where are you from? Ontopic: Bulgaria hopefully will build 720 km of new motorways, there are 450 km motorways allready built but it is not enough, they will build the sofia thesaloniki motorway, two motorways leading to the black sea starting at sofia and one leading to the turkian border, i am not sure wheather they will build a motorway from rumanian border to sofia.
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #9
Verso
Synchronized User

Likes (Received): 1721

Is the Sofia-Dupnica the today-opened motorway? Nice pix, btw!

Oh btw, is that "Sofia" on signs in English or in Bulgarian (with the Latin alphabet)?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #10
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Is the Sofia-Dupnica the today-opened motorway? Nice pix, btw!
What do you mean with today opened motorway, the motorway is pretty new, it was opened october or so last year but it does not go to dupnica. It starts near sofia and goes ends near a village 20 km away from dupnica, i don´t know if they started to continue it to dupnica allready, they don´t work very fast but last time i was there i allready saw the machines, so they probably continue it allready. The motorway is great but still too short. Your motorways are also great.
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #11
Verso
Synchronized User

^ I see, thanks! Btw, is any part of this new motorway useful for travelling also from Sofia to Skopje?
Old May 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #12
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ I see, thanks! Btw, is any part of this new motorway useful for travelling also from Sofia to Skopje?
I don´t know, it depents where do you plan to go to the macedonian border, must look in googleearth

if you plan to travel look at my line on the googleearth map, you will have to travel like that, near kkuistendil there is also a short expressway.
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #13
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Hey Chris, where are you from? Ontopic: Bulgaria hopefully will build 720 km of new motorways, there are 450 km motorways allready built but it is not enough, they will build the sofia thesaloniki motorway, two motorways leading to the black sea starting at sofia and one leading to the turkian border, i am not sure wheather they will build a motorway from rumanian border to sofia.
I'm from The Netherlands

I hope they build an Ruse - Haskovo connection too. Makes a fast road between Bucuresti and Edirne/Istanbul.

Any chance for a motorway-ringroad of Sofia and a road from Sofia to Nis (Serbia)?
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #14
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Wouldn't a connection Sofia - Pernik - Kjustendil be faster? Like it follows road no. 6 from Sofia to Skopje.
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #15
radi6404

Quote:
I'm from The Netherlands

I hope they build an Ruse - Haskovo connection too. Makes a fast road between Bucuresti and Edirne/Istanbul.

Any chance for a motorway-ringroad of Sofia and a road from Sofia to Nis (Serbia)?
the motorway rigroad in sofia is allready in construction, the motorway sofia nis is also under construction
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #16
radi6404

Quote:
Wouldn't a connection Sofia - Pernik - Kjustendil be faster? Like it follows road no. 6 from Sofia to Skopje.
Yes, but you wouldnot travel on the very new shiny motorway and on the road pernik kjustendil you can´t race with 220, on this motorway you can if there are no cops.
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #17
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
please include the struma motorway as it is the best motorway in bulgaria, if you have show pics of the maritca and cherno more motorway, i have read that they started to build the ljulin motorway in sofia, finally.
Bullshits!!!

"Struma" is still not a highway and I highly doubt that it's better than Hemus or Trakia.

Struma is still under construction and its length is about 25km at the moment. It still lacks its signs, its markings, there are still some other final touches...to this 25-km "highway". Currently its speed limit is still 90 km/h.

OTOH, Trakia highway is more than 200km long at the moment and excluding the part near Pazarjik, its condition is very good. I believe that in 2-3 years, the will finish it and connect Stara Zagora with Karnobat, forming a highway of 380km (plus Sofia-Kalotina: 70km more).

Hemus highway is still under rennovation, but overall its far better than "Struma". It has a number of large high bridges and long tunnels that are (were) very expensive to build. It's length is about 80 km (together with its Varna-Kaspichan part: 140km total).

There is also the "Cherno more" highway between Varna and Burgas, both parts are as long as 20-30km and in a very good condition and new too.

About "Marica" highway...I dunno nothing about it.

In my opinion, the best highway in Bulgaria is the Hemus one...cause it recently was renovated (though some of its tunnels are still under rennovation). The asphalt is very new, the anti-errosion, tunnels lightings and air-conditioning systems are also very new. The only thing they could improve are the highway signs, they are not so recent and perhaps they'll fix them as long as they finish the tunnels. BTW, there are new electronic signs on the highway, near some of the tunnels.

Just wait a week or two, I'll post here my photos of the Hemus highway (a part of Sofia-Ruse route).
bgrs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #18
radi6404

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrs View Post
Bullshits!!!

"Struma" is still not a highway and I highly doubt that it's better than Hemus or Trakia.

Struma is still under construction and its length is about 25km at the moment. It still lacks its signs, its markings, there are still some other final touches...to this 25-km "highway". Currently its speed limit is still 90 km/h.

OTOH, Trakia highway is more than 200km long at the moment and excluding the part near Pazarjik, its condition is very good. I believe that in 2-3 years, the will finish it and connect Stara Zagora with Karnobat, forming a highway of 380km (plus Sofia-Kalotina: 70km more).

Hemus highway is still under rennovation, but overall its far better than "Struma". It has a number of large high bridges and long tunnels that are (were) very expensive to build. It's length is about 80 km (together with its Varna-Kaspichan part: 140km total).

There is also the "Cherno more" highway between Varna and Burgas, both parts are as long as 20-30km and in a very good condition and new too.

About "Marica" highway...I dunno nothing about it.

In my opinion, the best highway in Bulgaria is the Hemus one...cause it recently was renovated (though some of its tunnels are still under rennovation). The asphalt is very new, the anti-errosion, tunnels lightings and air-conditioning systems are also very new. The only thing they could improve are the highway signs, they are not so recent and perhaps they'll fix them as long as they finish the tunnels. BTW, there are new electronic signs on the highway, near some of the tunnels.

Just wait a week or two, I'll post here my photos of the Hemus highway (a part of Sofia-Ruse route).
No need to get offending, the struma highway is definetly more than 25 km, it´s at least 30 km, a saw the hemus motorway whihc is indeet very good but just doesn´t look european with this dated rosty crashbarriers, about which markings do you talk, do you mean the line in the middle which is missing on some places, is it so important to have this line? I think the struma motorway looks impressive as it is and it surely will be way more impressive than Hemus because it leads through more mountainaric terrain. Oh my good, you are really ridiculous, have you every noticed that at the end of the struma motorway you are travelling so hihg, you see hills which are loer than the motorway? Do you think anyone is akually travelling 90 on the struma motorway, people are traveeling with 200 km there. You can´t compare this dated hemus motorway to Struma motorway.
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #19
Verso
Synchronized User

Is any road in the photos the Struma?
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #20
radi6404

Yeah, this pics are from the struma motorway:

[http://gat3way.fcdunav.com/southeast/s07.jpg

[http://gat3way.fcdunav.com/southeast/s08.jpg

[http://gat3way.fcdunav.com/southeast/s09.jpg

http://gat3way.fcdunav.com/southeast/s13.jpg

http://gat3way.fcdunav.com/southeast/s15.jpg

and as far as i know some parts of the motorway will build Strabag. So i am sure it will be good.

Last edited by radi6404; May 13th, 2007 at 11:42 PM.

Tags
bulgaria, highways, radi, struma, trakia