daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 25th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #20381
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Some changes to the forum. You can finally see (again) how many people are viewing H&A.
They have done some changes on Spanish forum too. I was looking for the Chinese infrastructure thread where it always has been (The Resto del Mundo, i. e. "Rest of the world" subforum) without noticing they had created a new subforum for all infrastructure around the world.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #20382
bogdymol
bogdymod

On the bottom-right corner of Highways & Autobahns it's written who are the moderators of the section. Anything strange?

Edit: fixed
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Last edited by bogdymol; May 25th, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #20383
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Sign towards YU in Timisoara
The town of Rufina, Italy, is still twinned with Kurgan, Soviet Union!!!

Verso liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #20384
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

Right now I'm making a research project about a new design for road signs in spain (for the university) and I need some opinions about this sketch:

Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #20385
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
The town of Rufina, Italy, is still twinned with Kurgan, Soviet Union!!!
Heck, when I went to Tarbes (France) they had a sign saying it is twinned with my hometown and with some place in West Germany

Technically West Germany still exists, but no East Germany anymore .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #20386
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Technically West Germany still exists, but no East Germany anymore .
West Germany and East Germany still exist like do exist Northern Italy, Southern Italy, Northern Spain, South-West England, Eastern USA,...
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #20387
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Yes, but using the term "East Germany" is not a good idea. The area of ex-GDR is often called as "Mitteldeutschland" ("Central Germany"), where East Germany would be the region that's now a part of Poland. Of course politically it is not correct, but, nonetheless, if you say "East Germany", is not clear and is a little bit ambigous.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #20388
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post
Right now I'm making a research project about a new design for road signs in spain (for the university) and I need some opinions about this sketch:

[IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2145996/Proyecto%20Final/01.png[/IMG ]
My oppinion:
- make the signs larger (also with larger font)
- keep that small "motorway exit" sign next to "200 m"
- keep the arrow for the right sign
- center the A1 & R2 signs on the middle sign

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #20389
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19425

Don't try this at home!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22664659
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #20390
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Final/01.png
rule no1: if you want signs to look good, make all the boards in the same dimension on y axis (vertically).
the largest problem at spanish signs is mess with road numbers. try to reduce them and leave the rest as it was. or try to imitate some other countries (Germany for instance) but leave spanish font.
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #20391
piotr71

I've already read an interesting discussion in "border crossings", initiated by a Swedish forumer NordikNerd. I was thinking for some time what a devil made him considering himself as an Scandinavian-Euro-Asian more than just a simple European. Only logical conclusion I come to, is that it (devil) has to be a moonshine or so.

We all know that Swedes have quite limited access to alcohol and it's also very expensive. So, all the restrictions put them into dark area of home made liquors called nicely "moonshine". I experienced some of Swedish ones and must admit its highest quality and best taste possible.

By the way. Did you know that one of the most known illegally produced liquor is Polish "Śliwowica Łącka" (plum brandy of Łącko). It was even awarded the best "Śliwowica" in the world by an American jury. Similary to French Cognac and some other regional products, its area of distillation is limited exclusively to Łącko commune. It's even got a trade mark and is still illegal.

Road_UK, Orionol liked this post
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #20392
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

And on that note I'd like to congratulate you on your 3000th post. I'm not far behind you...

Orionol liked this post
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #20393
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
By the way. Did you know that one of the most known illegally produced liquor is Polish "Śliwowica Łącka" (plum brandy of Łącko). It was even awarded the best "Śliwowica" in the world by an American jury. Similary to French Cognac and some other regional products, its area of distillation is limited exclusively to Łącko commune. It's even got a trade mark and is still illegal.
What do you mean? It can be produced legally only in Lacko but it's produced illegally elsewhere?
BTW, illegally-distilled liquors aren't illegal just because of tax issues but also because they aren't controlled and can contain hazardous chemicals like methanol if improperly produced. I wouldn't drink them.
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #20394
Road_UK
BANNED

Talking about NordikNerd... I admire the balls. He's opened up a thread this morning that will have the entire Yugo mob on SSC go after him... www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1629511

Chris, perhaps you ought to get rid of it, if you're not limited to your jurisdiction...
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #20395
piotr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
And on that note I'd like to congratulate you on your 3000th post. I'm not far behind you...
Tack så mycket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
What do you mean? It can be produced legally only in Lacko but it's produced illegally elsewhere?
BTW, illegally-distilled liquors aren't illegal just because of tax issues but also because they aren't controlled and can contain hazardous chemicals like methanol if improperly produced. I wouldn't drink them.
Let me quote a Wikipedia article as the answer why distilling "Śliwowica Łącka" does not correspond to the Polish law:

Quote:
In Poland it is a well-recognised brand and it also gained much fame abroad.[1] However, as producing alcohol outside of established industrial distilleries is illegal in Poland, so is the Śliwowica łącka.[1] Numerous social organisations have been campaigning to have this law changed, so far unsuccessfully.[1] A "Fruit-harvesting Festival" celebrating the Śliwowica is held yearly in Łącko.[1]

Last edited by piotr71; May 26th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #20396
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post

the same thing as casu marzu cheese in Italy
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #20397
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
the same thing as casu marzu cheese in Italy
Some thypical Northern Italian wines (Fragolino and Clinto) have been banned by the EU few years ago because they may contain methanol. However many people still produce them and it's not difficult to buy them from farmers and even many restaurants keep some unlabelled bottles "under the table". Producing them for personal consumption is still legal but the commercialization isn't (although is often tolerated).
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #20398
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Talking about NordikNerd... I admire the balls. He's opened up a thread this morning that will have the entire Yugo mob on SSC go after him... www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1629511

Chris, perhaps you ought to get rid of it, if you're not limited to your jurisdiction...
The thread itself isn't so stupid but it should renamed as "Homeless people in your city", "Beggars in your city" or "Illegal immigants in your city", to make it not racist and inoffensive. I doubt it's only a Balkan problem, I'm sure there are immigrants from other parts of the world and even native Swedes with alchool\substances addiction problems who cause such troubles.
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #20399
Road_UK
BANNED

Of course there are.
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #20400
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

I need more opinions from my sketches.

Which is better (please give attention to the position of the right panel):

(a)

(b)

Please don't notice the forms or colors, this isn't the final form yet, only is a wireframe
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways