daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #20461
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2115

And what about the 22-y-o girl dragged under a SUV for 4 km by an elderly lady under the influence of heavy medications? It happened very recently in Veneto.
http://corrieredelveneto.corriere.it...34882796.shtml

The article is very precise: the girl's hand got stuck in the bumper as the SUV went too close to the sidewalk, the girl screamed for help but the lady behind the wheel didn't hear anything. The girl lost her shoes, then her clothes, and 500 m after that blood started to appear on the road. A guy saw the scene and called Carabinieri: "I'm not sure, but I think I just saw a car dragging a girl". Carabinieri came and started following the blood, up to the next town, where a horrified postman saw the scene too and began running towards the SUV. The elderly lady realized what she just did only when she stopped.

Last edited by g.spinoza; June 4th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #20462
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
2 days ago in Turin a drunk driver killed a cyclist and ran away. He didn't realize that he left his front plate in the accident scene, so he was obviously caught.
Same happened here a few weeks ago. He came back for the plate, but there were already people there (they "detained" him until the police arrived). He killed two young girls on a pedestrian crossing.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #20463
bogdymol
bogdymod

This also happened near Arad, Romania few years ago. A turkish truck driver ran across a cyclist in the middle of the night, but didn't stop after the accident, but he ran away. Unfortunatelly for him, his front license plate fell of at the crime scene, so it was very easy to identify him. If he wouldn't have run, most likely he would have got away free, because the cyclist was cycling in the middle of the night without any lights and was wearing black-coloured clothes. More, the cyclist was proved to be drunk at the time of the accident.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #20464
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
And what about the 22-y-o girl dragged under a SUV for 4 km by an elderly lady under the influence of heavy medications? It happened very recently in Veneto.

The article is very precise: the girl's hand got stuck in the bumper as the SUV went too close to the sidewalk, the girl screamed for help but the lady behind the wheel didn't hear anything. The girl lost her shoes, then her clothes, and 500 m after that blood started to appear on the road. A guy saw the scene and called Carabinieri: "I'm not sure, but I think I just saw a car dragging a girl". Carabinieri came and started following the blood, up to the next town, where a horrified postman saw the scene too and began running towards the SUV. The elderly lady realized what she just did only when she stopped.
Yup, I probably would have an hearth attack if I see a such scene live. Nobody would ever expect such things happen in the real life, outside the most cruel horror movies.

AnOldBlackMarble liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #20465
bogdymol
bogdymod

What happened to seem?

Quote:
Last Activity: February 19th, 2013 11:35 PM
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #20466
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I felt really bad when I heard this, and I still do. Apart from the gorish scene near my hometown, it hurts as hell knowing that there is people so ****ed up that can drive a car; but what really makes my rage explode is that still knowing of their problems, not only they drive, but they also drive the most big-ass, damaging vehicle they can buy. The idiot who did this should experience the same death but longer, and we wouldn't be even close to a sense of justice.
Given the conditions, this was an accident just waiting to happen. And dragging life away from a young person just because you don't give a damn about others, I find this voluntary cruelty and I really feel no mercy.

I hate this place, Veneto is a badly urbanized countryside populated by rich hillbilly *******s who don't give a **** about anyone, there's not even a concept of society here. Other parts of Italy are very different.

And the constant misuse of cars is making me sick of them, despite being my passion.
Yesterday I slapped a car which almost hit me on the crossing, the stupid woman driving was at the phone.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

Last edited by Wilhem275; June 4th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #20467
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Don't be so harsh about Veneto, I think this is a story that could have happened anywhere in Italy.
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #20468
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Anywhere in the world, in fact, or at least anywhere someone drives the wrong car in the wrong way; but I live among these people and I can't stand the way they behave... which, for many practical reasons, raises the possibility of this kind of bad things to happen.

I don't want to turn this on the usual against-SUV party, but here you find an incredible quantity of them, probably higher than in Milan, and regularly chosen by those who search for an aggressive vehicle because they want to "defend themselves"... from their own bad driving.
At others' expense, of course...

Apart from the driving issue, I studied a lot about this non-society, since it's something pretty uncommon in Europe. There's an historical reason for this widespread egoism, but nowaday we may say that it's mainly due to a totally random urbanization.
I'll write more later.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #20469
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

The problem is that police nowadays often do sobriety checks (always in case of accident) but they almost never check if the driver is under psycoactive drugs (both legal for medical use and illegal for recreational purposes). So those *******s fell safe to drive under the influence of those substances.
I don't see why bad driving habits should be a thypical Veneto's problem (I'm half Venetian, living in Friuli, travelled across it countless times). It's not for being racist, but if you go to Rome, Naples, Palermo is much worse. Out of 4,5 millions uninsured vehicles that circulate in Italy (I don't think there is a such high number anywhere in the developed world), 800,000 are just in Naples area.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #20470
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

I'll never go to Veneto again. Next time I go to Rome, I'll drive through Austria.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #20471
bogdymol
bogdymod

Yesterday I had an exam at my university. There were 20 questions with a) b) c) d) and with only one correct answer. The teacher wanted to troll us, so all the answers were c)

cinxxx liked this post
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #20472
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

University exams are questions with one correct answer?!?
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #20473
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Correct answer per question. You know... Multiple choice questions...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #20474
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Correct answer per question. You know... Multiple choice questions...
Ok, but in Italy these kind of exams are considered too easy... university exams (at least in physics and astronomy, the field I know better) consist in problems to solve, with no correct answer given...

I'm not saying university in Italy is tougher than in Romania. It's just that seems weird, last time I saw a multiple choice exam I was in middle school...

Last edited by g.spinoza; June 5th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #20475
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

You have to solve the problems and get the correct answer, which you will also find in your list, but in the end how you did it will not count. So you can also guess the answers, or not pay attention and mark the incorrect answer although you solved the problem correctly on the paper.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #20476
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
You have to solve the problems and get the correct answer, which you will also find in your list, but in the end how you did it will not count. So you can also guess the answers, or not pay attention and mark the incorrect answer although you solved the problem correctly on the paper.
Pardon me, but if you make such an error, you don't belong to university...
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #20477
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

^it can happen if marking correct answers is being rushed at the end.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #20478
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
^it can happen if marking correct answers is being rushed at the end.
We are talking about university, not kindergarten. Adults are supposed to attend to university, and adults take responsibility for what they write, no children excuses like "I rushed because I was running out of time". University is supposed to prepare people for the real world, where there are no such excuses: a job is well done or is done wrong. Nobody is giving you a problem to solve with 4 possible answers: they give you a problem, "now solve it".
All of this in my humble opinion.
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #20479
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

I have nothing against your opinion, I was just mentioning a fact.

I know someone who at his school graduation exam (Bacalaureat, Abitur), where also all problems were multiple choice for some exams, marked all answers correct, but somehow began at the wrong problem number somewhere, so all those answers where in the end wrong. Luckily it was still enough to get a passing grade.
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #20480
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21249

I was trying to explain the 0-30 mark system for a colleague here, she was thinking it was too difficult.

Tags
highways, motorways