daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 28th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #20841
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Apply now to be the next Google Maps Trekker

Quote:
We’re working to build the very best map of the world, and we’d love your help to do it. Today we’re kicking off a pilot program that enables third party organizations to borrow the Street View Trekker and contribute imagery to Google Maps. For the first time ever, this program will enable organizations to use our camera equipment to collect 360-degree photos of the places they know best -- helping us make Google Maps more comprehensive and useful for all. This program is part of our ongoing effort to make it possible for anyone to contribute to Google Maps.

Our first partner, the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau (HVCB), has already begun using the Trekker to take photos of the most popular, well-trafficked sites on the Hawaiian islands for future inclusion on Google Maps.

[...]
http://google-latlong.blogspot.de/20...s-trekker.html
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #20842
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Old June 28th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #20843
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Old June 28th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #20844
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Yes.
Ethnic minorities in countries you have mentioned stand a better chance than in the countries you live in. Especially in multicultural France.
In Italy there are a few problems of violence against African and Roma immigrants.
You mean like this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11258439

So a according to you Romania should follow France's example and do the same. So where should Romania deport them to, Mayrhofen? Would you accept them in your neighborhood? If you do prove it. Put your money, where your mouth is.
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #20845
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
There's a difference between political correctness and tolerance. Something people like you have to learn. I'm not political correct neither. I'm saying you are a racist. You're blaming all the crap in your country on ethnic minorities. You do it over and over again, just like your buddies from the other side of the former iron curtain. A heritage from communist times, where something different is regarded as strange. Take a stroll around Paris, New York, Amsterdam and learn. I've never seen anyone from these countries spitting at people who are different on SSC.
Projecting much? (your own racism)

1st The only racist here is YOU. I've been lurking these forums for years and you persistently denigrate "those people", from the East, as if they are a different species.

2nd And to respond to your full comment, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT when you say this: "all the crap in your country on ethnic minorities". The ONLY THING blamed on gypsies is petty crime, and bad cultural philosophy and behavior, both of which are HARD CORE FACTS. I challenge you to find ANY ROMANIANS that blame politics or the economy on Gypsies. In fact here is the Romanian Politics thread. http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1395904 Just use Google translate and I DARE YOU to find ONE EXAMPLE, only one if it exists, where the Romanians are blaming the Gypsies, for the overall poor economy of the country, the way Brits and Americans do. It is a British and American disease of blaming your own failures on minorities, Romanians blame themselves and their government, NOT gypsies, NOT Hungarians, NOT Turks, NOT history, NOT even the Russians, BUT THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE! Go through the Romanian forum with a fine pick and comb and find where the Romanians blame minorities on the economic situation of the country. Do it! I challenge you.

riiga liked this post
AnOldBlackMarble no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #20846
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Welcome Croatia/Horvátország/neighbours in the EU!

Chilio liked this post
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #20847
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Bought new toy today!

Full specs here
Old June 29th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #20848
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

ONCE FOR ALL!!!!! Nobody in these countries blame the gipsies for bad economy, only for CRIME.
There was an incident where some gipsies went to Strasbourg to blame the hungarian goverment for something and what happened??
Within some weeks a lot of them were in prison for ordinary crime. So is the french goverment racist or "oldschool" former communist country or what?!!!!!!!
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #20849
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Which Seat is that, cinxxx?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #20850
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Which Seat is that, cinxxx?
Seat Leon 1.4 TSI Style 120 PS.
Check out the link on the bottom of the post for all features.
Old June 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #20851
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Oops.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #20852
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Wow, the exact same car in the Netherlands costs € 10.000 more. € 27.000 for a Seat Leon with the same specs.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #20853
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

That car cost in Spain 22.400€, same configuration, but could be around 18.000 ~ 20.000€ if the dealer make some discount.
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #20854
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

This was a Vorführwagen, a test car, had only 170 km when I did the test drive. A new car with same specs costs around 23,500 if dealer doesn't make discounts.
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #20855
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

After a couple hundred km in local roads in Abruzzo I seriously have to have my shocks checked.

Provincial roads in province Chieti are terrible. On a 65 km trip, today, I counted seven landslided road, partially opened as if nothing happened. Some of these slides are decades old, and no-one repaired them yet.

Local roads in province Pescara are slightly better.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #20856
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

you will have two VAGs now? what will happen with audi?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #20857
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

With the Audi I had 2 times until now problems with weak accelerating. Some air hoses broke, some other places with leaks. And since 2 weeks again the problem. Replaced a hose that seemed to be bad, no results, will take it to service on Wednesday. I hope I can find the problem and fix it if it's not very expensive and then sell it.

The car is drivable, but with very slow acceleration, and I drove to Regensburg with it today, horrible

About the Leon, I will have to get used to 6 gears, especially because the Audi had the reverse gear in the place where the Leon has the 6.
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #20858
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
About the Leon, I will have to get used to 6 gears, especially because the Audi had the reverse gear in the place where the Leon has the 6.

Audi didn't have the reverse there. That R stands for "rocket".
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #20859
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

You mean "Romania Style Driving" ?

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Wilhem275, Attus liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #20860
bogdymol
bogdymod

I heard a joke regarding this "R" from the gear shift.

Short version: a romanian buys a new Mercedes, but the next day he comes back to the dealer with it with the transmission completely damaged. The dealer replaces his car with another new one. This happened for a few times, and after that the dealer asks:
- What the hell do you do with the cars? You always brake them. We didn't have so far any broken Mercedes sold here in years.
Customer replays: Well... I bought a Mercedes, so I went with it on the motorway, on straight road, and started to push the pedal down... 1st gear... 2nd... 3rd... ... ... 6th... 250 km/h... and then I put the gear stick into Rocket (R) mode.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways