daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2013, 03:34 AM   #21721
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

That's a thing I notice too when I'm visiting my hometown, seems the numbers of cyclers is growing and the car drivers are also getting more used to them.
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM   #21722
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

I must admit that I have never payed attention on PEC Zwolle seriously (only took a look an the bottom of the table in Eredivisie to see is the club from our mod's hometown still alive), and now it seems they have taken this season quite seriously, and probably after today's fixture vs. Utrecht they will continue sitting at the top of the table.
Old September 1st, 2013, 12:32 PM   #21723
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

People talk to me about PEC Zwolle all the time. Honestly, I don't really care about football. I don't hate it, I'm just not interested in sports. I know about PEC Zwolle what I read in the headlines. People here are quite proud about it though.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 02:18 PM   #21724
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

Scary

keokiracer, RipleyLV, Surel, bogdymol liked this post
Suburbanist está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM   #21725
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Honda Jazz 0-1 Pole

The man managed to put the bumper back on, it looks alright now, though I don't suppose it'll stay on.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM   #21726
piotr71

pole
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:03 PM   #21727
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Scary

Btw, at the start of this footage look at the top of the mountain.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 01:20 PM   #21728
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

You can see the bolder rolling down...

Another one:
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #21729
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

This afternoon I passed through the hell

I was driving my mother's car with her next me. The driver in front of me turned the indicator and stopped in the centre of the road to turn left. I slowed down and stopped behind her. Someone else coming from behind at high speed crashed against me and pushed my car against the car in front of me. Our car was crushed between the two other cars and was severely damaged.
Fortunately nobody was injured, only my shoulder hurts a bit, and the driver who provoked the accident admitted its guilt saying he was "distract" (maybe he was with his phone, or was drunk, who know...).
Tomorrow we'll go to the hospital for x-rays (it's just a precaution after any accident, I know I didn't do nothing serious) and the car it's still there on the roadside, too damaged to been driven safely, better call a tow truck tomorrow. I emptied it because I cannot lock it anymore.

Definitively one of the scariest moment in my life, but consequences could have been much worse...
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #21730
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Thank God you and your mother are OK.
What car are/were you driving? And what car was in front, also what car did hit you?
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #21731
italystf

I sent you a PM, I prefer to remain anonymous, don't know who's gonna read SSC.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #21732
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Received. Important thing is you're OK.
Old September 4th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #21733
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

sorry to hear that, italystf. glad you are fine. I was on the road in Italy today myself, went to Sistiana for some sea.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #21734
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

You're ok, that's the important news.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #21735
bogdymol
bogdymod

Good thing that it wasn't worse and you and your mother are ok.

May I see a picture of the damaged car(s)? In PM if you don't want to share with the whole internet... if this is ok for you.

On thing about the medical investigation: go to the hospital and make all the possible checks. It's safer this way, even though you say you don't have anything. I'm sure that you are ok, but I'm saying this because one of my cousins had a car accident few months ago and he said he is ok, so he didn't go to the doctor. Now his back hurts him and after making some medical investigations the doctor said that this is because of that accident few months ago. So it's better and safer to have yourself checked by a doctor as soon as possible.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #21736
italystf

Just received x-rays result: no lesions for me and my mother and this is a great relief.
The lady in front of me, who already suffered from back issues, has strong pains and suspected lesions, she will remain today at the hospital for further examinations.
Now we have insurance payiment problems because the. 11 y.o. car (but only 107,000km) could worth less to the amount needed to repair it

g.spinoza liked this post
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #21737
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Good thing that it wasn't worse and you and your mother are ok.

May I see a picture of the damaged car(s)? In PM if you don't want to share with the whole internet... if this is ok for you.

On thing about the medical investigation: go to the hospital and make all the possible checks. It's safer this way, even though you say you don't have anything. I'm sure that you are ok, but I'm saying this because one of my cousins had a car accident few months ago and he said he is ok, so he didn't go to the doctor. Now his back hurts him and after making some medical investigations the doctor said that this is because of that accident few months ago. So it's better and safer to have yourself checked by a doctor as soon as possible.
You've a PM.
Old September 4th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #21738
bogdymol
bogdymod

I saw it. Thank you.

Could have been a lot worse if the car behind you was speeding...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #21739
italystf

It was impossible to speed there, the road was very congested (it was 7 p.m. and it is a national road). However the guy behind me crashed at normal speed (like nobody stopped in front of his), he didn't even tried to brake. He apologized that he was "distracted" by looking through his side window.
We were lucky to remain in our lane, it would have been a disaster if we were pushed into the opposite lane or in the ditch.
I'm sorry for the lady that it's now at the hospital for examination, I'll call here tonight to hear how she is.
The insurance of the first driver will pay for damages to both cars, plus he has to pay personally for his car. This happened because I was stopped. If I was still in movement, the first driver's insurance would have paid only for my car and the damages to the third car would have been payied by my insurance. I hope this will serve as lesson to that guy, so he will think twice before getting distracted while driving.
Old September 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #21740
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
It was impossible to speed there, the road was very congested (it was 7 p.m. and it is a national road). However the guy behind me crashed at normal speed (like nobody stopped in front of his), he didn't even tried to brake. He apologized that he was "distracted" by looking through his side window.
We were lucky to remain in our lane, it would have been a disaster if we were pushed into the opposite lane or in the ditch.
I'm sorry for the lady that it's now at the hospital for examination, I'll call here tonight to hear how she is.
The insurance of the first driver will pay for damages to both cars, plus he has to pay personally for his car. This happened because I was stopped. If I was still in movement, the first driver's insurance would have paid only for my car and the damages to the third car would have been payied by my insurance. I hope this will serve as lesson to that guy, so he will think twice before getting distracted while driving.
Hope everything will be okay. Once I have had a much less serious accident with "distracted driver". We have been standing at red light when suddenly he crashed to my trunk. He apologized to me that he had been distracted by tuning his TV in car and since he had automatic transmission with the first gear on and his foot had slipped from the brake pedal, the car moved into my trunk. Unfortunately he had Volvo and I had small Suzuki Ignis. No one was injured but my car's bumper. Love these "distracted" drivers.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways