daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 10th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #2201
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

password window = where you fill in your password when you start up

I have windows XP home edition, it was just reinstalled, and I lost everything except everything that was in "My Files", which they screened for virusses. Anyway, I'm going to call the company who repaired it on monday, and then I'll see what happens.

Edit: I dunno, I've never had any problems with the power supply before. Where can I find what power supply I have?

Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #2202
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

hmm... seems they didn't made a complete format... usually with a fresh copy of windows it is necessary to delete all on that C partition where windows files are situated...
from my knowledge, power supply can only be checked when you open the left side of casing... in left upper corner is the power supply and there is a visible sticker with basic information...
if you had upgrade recently something inside, like graphic card, better mainboard or processor, or maybe added some other new power consuming device that could be the problem...
most of power supplies that comes with casing are generic, that means they are c.rap... and value on their stickers says 500W but their max is way below 400W...
best manufacturer is Chieftec and they really give you that power written on sticker... Chieftec has never let me down... now with 500W i have a monster inside and everything works fine...
sometimes company that repairs your pc can replace you a power supply with some lower one without you knowing that...

on your place i would... first check how much power you have and depending on your configuration guess if that is enough... i say, 500 should be enough for everything above average...
second... i would do a format by myself and install windows from scratch... its not a hard thing to do and it would take only hour maybe little more...
Old January 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #2203
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Yes, it could also be lack of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
I'm making my boring physics homework now. About nuclear reactions and stuff
Isn't that interesting? (boom )
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #2204
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

OK... i gotta go out now... drinking and stuff
don't do anything till i come back we'll fix that problem step by step without unnecessary going to repair shop...
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #2205
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Are you sure you will be able to do anything when you're back?
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #2206
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Germany and Austria, but especially Germany has only ******* shit channels for driving. They only play very old stuff from the 80īs from Stuttgart to Passau. You donīt have even 1 channel that plays todays pop music, Antenne Bayern, Bayern 3... All shit with only old songs for 40 year olds, in Austria at least you have Krone and FM 4 which play todays stuff and electronic music, but if people would judge Germany by the radiochannels they can tune in, they would say there are only 60 year olds in Germany and not come to Germany anymore, it seems the youth in Germany has no force, otherwise you could tune in electronic music and todayīs pop stuff at least.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #2207
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

It's very busy at the Dutch hospitals today, the freezing weather gave excellent ice-skating conditions on canals and lakes, and some hospitals saw more than double the normal amount of bone fractures. Sometimes there were 3 people stuffed in one ambulance to handle the flow
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #2208
Morsue

******* German music never reinventing itself. It's only old whoresons of the Scorpions, Rammstein and Kraftwerk who are allowed to start a radio station on the A8. ******* shit. Verso, you have found some god damn competition in the language department
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #2209
Timon91
Error

Some songs of Rammstein are quite good actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Yes, it could also be lack of power.
Probably. Thanks DJZG for the information. I will ask the company if they changed the power supply.

Quote:
Isn't that interesting? (boom )
Yeah it is, but when you have to make 15 similar exercises with difficult calculations it gets quite boring
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #2210
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsue View Post
Verso, you have found some god damn competition in the language department
Competition in the language department? What do you mean?
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #2211
Radish2

Quote:
******* German music never reinventing itself. It's only old whoresons of the Scorpions, Rammstein and Kraftwerk who are allowed to start a radio station on the A8. ******* shit. Verso, you have found some god damn competition in the language department
Rammstein and Kraftwerk? well, yeah they are great, but if you think one German radio station between Stuttgart and Salzburg or Passau will play them while driving you are wrong, they will play shit Fredi Mercury and Nena, thatīs all. When I enter Hungary I tune in Juventus and hear the best pop music out there, after passing Budapest I change the station and tune the technochannel in and hear electronical Technomusic on the M5 motorway, the impressive thing is, except Germany which seems underdeveloped in this area, all radiostation stay for the whole way through the country without ever touching the radio. OMFG, I donīt understand that when I enter Germany I canīt hear even one new Poptrack, I donīt like popmusic much, but itīs really a shame when I pass by Munich and everything I hear is old music and classic, when I pass through Vienna, I can get electronical music, when I pass by Budapest, I can get electronican music, when I pass by Belgrad, I can get electronical music, when I pass by Sofia I can get electronical music, only when I pass through Munich I canīt get even ordinary new pop music but only old shit.
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #2212
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Buy a CD or MP3 player if it bothers you that much...

I can't understand French radio, so I don't listen to French radio stations
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #2213
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Buy a CD or MP3 player...
No, itīs not about that, with a player I can hear what I want everywhere. Itīs about that it seems especially in Bayern there are very conservative and old people and they donīt want new music and are closeminded. I hate that, how is it that everywhere else new music is played and in Bayern only shit, WTF, are there only old conservative people in Bayern or what, no youth? Thatīs very bad.
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #2214
Morsue

Quote:
Competition in the language department? What do you mean?
I liked when you did a parody of a certain forumer a few weeks ago
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #2215
Radish2

Could someone reply to what I type or donīt you find it important that new music is played on radio channels?
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #2216
Verso
Islander

YES, new music should be played!!!

(just don't turn on radio in Italy )

Quote:
I liked when you did a parody of a certain forumer a few weeks ago
I'm lost, remind me.
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #2217
wyqtor
Coexist

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
(just don't turn on radio in Italy )
Why? I always find the songs played on Italian radios very refreshing compared to most other radio stations in other countries.

I guess that, for me, even when songs is crappy, the sound of the language can save them. I just love the way the Italian language sounds.
wyqtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:25 AM   #2218
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Usually I carry on my iPod with me where I have all my music and quaility is quite good actually, comparing to ordinary MP3 players

I prefer my own player rather than radio
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:31 AM   #2219
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
just don't turn on radio in Italy
I never do. They have great food, but their music is total crap
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #2220
Mateusz