daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #2261
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

My mom also definately wanted me to have good skates. I didn't really mind. In the end my mom ended up bought them for me

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #2262
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsiej13 View Post
No, just when I am connected to the network here ( wireless ). The screen is frozen. Can't do anything. Have to shutdown the computer with the button on the computer it's self. The computer works fine, when you are working offline, so that means no connection with the internet, but when I just turned on the computer, it's immediately connecting to the network. So I can't stop it. I have to shut down the router downstairs first before I can put that computer off the network. It's really annoying
Maybe your network card got broken!?
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM   #2263
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

Ok, well. I like ice-skating. But at most of the time there is no ice. And I don't want to pay everytime for the Thialf. The Thialf is fun with friends and school. but not by my self. So that's why it is in my opinion a waste of money
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #2264
Timon91
Error

My mom had the argument that because my feet don't really grow anymore, skates that are bought now are good for the next 15-20 years. So 30 euros was worth it, I think
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #2265
Ni3lS

haha, exactly the same argument my parents had!
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #2266
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
No, just when I am connected to the network here ( wireless ). The screen is frozen. Can't do anything. Have to shutdown the computer with the button on the computer it's self. The computer works fine, when you are working offline, so that means no connection with the internet, but when I just turned on the computer, it's immediately connecting to the network. So I can't stop it. I have to shut down the router downstairs first before I can put that computer off the network. It's really annoying
It can be a process which causes the problem, check taskmanager and look for processes that are not usual or new. Can you enter the options of your router or modem, maybe there are some wrong settings, a firewall might cause such a problem, too. Do you know when the problem started? Try using the recovery function to the date you remember the problem didn´t exist.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #2267
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
Maybe your network card got broken!?
Yea I think that's the case. A friend of mine knows a lot of computers and also installed the whole network overhere. He said the same thing. But he wouldn't advice me to take out the card so I probably have to call the medion customer service again next week
Old January 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #2268
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
haha, exactly the same argument my parents had!
All parents have this argument.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #2269
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Yea I think that's the case. A friend of mine knows a lot of computers and also installed the whole network overhere. He said the same thing. But he wouldn't advice me to take out the card so I probably have to call the medion customer service again next week
most of network cards are integrated into mainboard so if you didn't buy it additionally it is probably located in mainboard...
try formatting windows partition and start all over... i have vista too but my network is simple wire to router connection...
you can call customer service of your internet provider they could have some solutions...
somehow i suspect that drivers for your modem aren't quite compatible for vista... check that too...
and temporary you can restrict connecting to internet when pc is starting...
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #2270
Timon91
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
All parents have this argument.
Even if the kids are right
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #2271
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
most of network cards are integrated into mainboard so if you didn't buy it additionally it is probably located in mainboard...
try formatting windows partition and start all over... i have vista too but my network is simple wire to router connection...
you can call customer service of your internet provider they could have some solutions...
somehow i suspect that drivers for your modem aren't quite compatible for vista... check that too...
and temporary you can restrict connecting to internet when pc is starting...
I actually did buy it additionally.. And I already tried formatting windows and all that stuff. about 3 times! Thanks for your help anyway
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #2272
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
I actually did buy it additionally.. And I already tried formatting windows and all that stuff. about 3 times! Thanks for your help anyway
I hope you formatted from BIOS startup level?
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #2273
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

then check the drivers compatibility with vista OS... if it freezes it could be the driver problem... then only solution would be returning to XP... sad but true...
you can transfer your cable to a mainboard port for network if you have it on mainboard...
i paid 150€ satellite card for pc and s.hit doesn't work on vista x64... i send them an e-mail and still didn't get the answer...
Old January 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #2274
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Why does the section Airports and Aviation have only 4 pages, and Maritime just 1 page?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:19 AM   #2275
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

seems like they had a clean up... who knows how many good topics went to archive there...
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #2276
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

whoa... check this news...

Quote:
SILVERADO CANYON, Calif., Jan. 11 (UPI) -- A California father says he discovered his 13-year-old daughter sent 484 text messages per day last month -- one message every 2 minutes of every waking hour.

Greg Hardesty of Silverado Canyon, Calif., told the New York Post his 440-page cell phone bill revealed his daughter Reina had sent an astonishing 14,528 text messages.

"First, I laughed. I thought, 'That's insane, that's impossible,'" said Hardesty, 45, a reporter for The Orange County Register. "And I immediately whipped out the calculator to see if it was humanly possible."

Hardesty said Reina had messaged a core of "four obsessive texters," all girls between the ages of 12 and 13. Luckily, he was on an unlimited text messaging plan or his bill would have been $2,905 at a rate of 20 cents per message, the Post reported.

Hardesty told the newspaper he and his ex-wife have placed restrictions on Reina's cellphone use, ruling she cannot text after dinner.

When it comes to texting, it appears Reina has much in common with a New Zealand teenager. It was reported last month that Hannah Brooke, 16, of Wellington frequently uses up the 6,000 messages she's allowed each month and borrows phones from friends to keep on texting.
15 000 SMS
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #2277
Timon91
Error

Quote:
seems like they had a clean up... who knows how many good topics went to archive there...
They had to, the airports and aviation section was app. 90 pages long.
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #2278
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
I hope you formatted from BIOS startup level?
Yes I did..
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #2279
Ni3lS

Quote:
then check the drivers compatibility with vista OS... if it freezes it could be the driver problem... then only solution would be returning to XP... sad but true...
you can transfer your cable to a mainboard port for network if you have it on mainboard...
i paid 150€ satellite card for pc and s.hit doesn't work on vista x64... i send them an e-mail and still didn't get the answer...
Ok. well, next time I call the costumer service. I'll say that they have to send a repairer because my computer is still guaranteed ( don't know how to explain in english, but until 3 years after your purchase they have to repair your computer for free ). The network card is just broken.. they have to take a look at that. Thanks for your help
Old January 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #2280
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

That's called warranty
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways