daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 11th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #22841
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

I eat in Mcd when I am on the go. If there is drive in available, I will use it, normaly it's much quicker than standing in long lines for "fast" food often there is someone in front of you ordering for 10 min 2 menus with extra burgers and fries and a milk shake
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #22842
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
1600 kcal is minor thing here. major fact is that you've spent 15€ on that.
12,80 € to be exact.
So?

I also spent 30 € in fuel to get to that McDonalds

You know, sports and tourism cost.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #22843
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Burger King and KFC in the southeastern suburb of Amsterdam. It looks particularly impressive at night when these frames are lid.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #22844
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Wikipedia:
The first drive-through restaurant (a McDonald's drive-through) in Europe opened at the Nutgrove Shopping Centre in Dublin, Ireland in 1985.[10]

In Spain and Russia, McDonald's drive-through services are often called McAuto.

In the Netherlands, Germany, France, Portugal and other northern European countries, McDonald's drive-through service is called McDrive.

In Argentina and Mexico, McDonald's drive-through service is called AutoMAC.
Note red highlighting. :-)

Anyhow, I thought Americans were all fast-food addicts and Europeans were all gourmets. On which note, I'm going to order a pizza.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #22845
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Most of those bits of US popular culture come to me through shows as The Simpsons and Family Guy, who use to parodize a lot of TV stuff. Then they tickle my curiosity and I look out for the originals...

https://myspace.com/113620280/video/...-know/54998638

Well, I also have a great memory for almost useless details...
Fount of useless knowledge, that's me!

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Wilhem275 liked this post
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #22846
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I don't always suddenly turn the heating in my car at full range up, but when I do, I completely confuse the temperature control with volume one and temporary become deaf.

(happened to me today: almost crash and was almost deaf for 3 hours)
Why does your heat have a volume control?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #22847
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
I eat in Mcd when I am on the go. If there is drive in available, I will use it, normaly it's much quicker than standing in long lines for "fast" food often there is someone in front of you ordering for 10 min 2 menus with extra burgers and fries and a milk shake
I hate when there are several people waiting in line for a few minutes for ordering fast food, and when they get their turn to order they say "Hmm... I haven't decided yet" or "What do you have in the menu?"
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #22848
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Why does your heat have a volume control?
The volume control looks the same as temperature control and the one is below another one on the same panel. Sometimes, when I am concentrated to driving, I set the temperature blindly and often confuses the controls.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #22849
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

what car is that
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #22850
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
what car is that
Opel Vectra C

Old November 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #22851
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I hate when there are several people waiting in line for a few minutes for ordering fast food, and when they get their turn to order they say "Hmm... I haven't decided yet" or "What do you have in the menu?"
If I don't know what I want, I don't even get in line, just stand back. That seems sort of basic to me....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #22852
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

As threatened, it's snowing here.... :-(

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #22853
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
12,80 € to be exact.
So?

I also spent 30 € in fuel to get to that McDonalds

You know, sports and tourism cost.

i try not to spend more than 7-8€ there
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #22854
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

I don't get why they always say poor people get obese because they eat at McDonald's. It's not cheap at all, you can prepare a healthy meal at home at at least half the cost. I can make a whole meal for the price of just a Big Mac (€ 3.50 I believe).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #22855
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Yep, here it's much cheaper to prepare your own meal at home. McD is something for teenagers, BK is its adult version; and I like it very much, actually, but McD wins in desserts (which is basically just the vanilla ice cream...).

As noted months ago in this topic by someone, fast foods tend to have higher quality in those countries where the local cuisine is bad. I'd add: also a wider choice. Here in Italy BK is "standard good" and with basic offers, in Ireland I found their sandwiches really yummy and with choices I didn't even imagine possible in a BK.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #22856
volodaaaa

Quote:
Yep, here it's much cheaper to prepare your own meal at home. McD is something for teenagers, BK is its adult version; and I like it very much, actually, but McD wins in desserts (which is basically just the vanilla ice cream...).

As noted months ago in this topic by someone, fast foods tend to have higher quality in those countries where the local cuisine is bad. I'd add: also a wider choice. Here in Italy BK is "standard good" and with basic offers, in Ireland I found their sandwiches really yummy and with choices I didn't even imagine possible in a BK.
Introducing McCafe was a very good step. Actually, the ice cream (in Slovakia called McSundae) and the cakes are on very high level.

Regarding fast food, I like Subway more.

bogdymol liked this post
Old November 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #22857
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Caramel Sundae is my long time favourite

McCafe is also a cheap solution for the typical Italian breakfast (coffee or cappuccino + croissant), since it costs half than most bars but the stuff is pretty much the same...

I never tried Subway (and I'd like to) because I never found it at home, and since it's not based on "standardized orders" as the burger chains I'm never feeling confident enough about communications...
My recent trip to Ireland was my first one to an English speaking country, and some could argue about considering Ireland and English speaking country but I didn't find the right moment to try Subway (actually I found BK so good that I was always there ).

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Old November 12th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #22858
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:

McCafe is also a cheap solution for the typical Italian breakfast (coffee or cappuccino + croissant), since it costs half than most bars but the stuff is pretty much the same...
hm, somehow i doubt in this part with prices...
Old November 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #22859
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
hm, somehow i doubt in this part with prices...
It is not cheap at all.

Old November 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #22860
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Ok, I was exaggerating not exactly half, but still a lot less than the others.

Let's put it this way: bars prices have risen in recent years, and now they're all at a similar level (around € 2,10-2,30 cappuccino+croissant). Which is a price one found -and still finds- at high quality places (eg. traditional pastry shops), while most bars still offer average quality stuff.

McCafe is on par about quality, but comes at €1,60 or so, which is much more fair for that stuff; the service is maybe poorer, with paper cups, but who cares...

Probably there's the same concept behind (good trad cuisine > poor fast foods): I'm pretty sure they are obliged to keep lower prices, most of the Italian public considers McD as crap so they won't buy Mc's stuff at the same price of other places.

Tags
highways, motorways