daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #23041
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
He had. He could change the rule he made up himself.
It would be an "ad personam" law. Unfortunately common in Italian politics but not very popular for a new party who's entering the political scene and ask for more political honesty and transparency.
italystf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #23042
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

http://blog.splinter.me/best-countri...s-a-developer/
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #23043
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

My neighbours are morons. I totally hate them. Everyone wants to renovate our apartment house, but nobody wants to participate. Everything is expensive to them, proposed companies are wrong and today one owner of the apartment below me accused me for taking bribes from companies and that whole renovation is only occasion to me get rich. F**k it, I do all the agenda in my free time without any salary (even the fuel, phone bills etc. i have to pay on my own) and someone who is not interested in project at all tells me I take bribes.

When I ask if someone wants to propose a company into competition, everybody is silent and looking down, when I ask for remarks on winning company, everybody is silent. When I ask about the colour of façade, everybody is silent. But when the project starts and I choose something, everybody is full of ideas and I am the one who is wrong and who screwed it up.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #23044
bogdymol
bogdymod

If you don't want to be accused of taking bribe, you shouldn't drive your new Mercedes in front of your neighbors

PS: I have a similar problem with my neighbors: they don't want to renovate the building although it's clear that on the long term it would be cheaper (the building doesn't have thermal insulation).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Last edited by bogdymol; November 27th, 2013 at 12:05 AM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #23045
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

sounds familiar
Old November 27th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #23046
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
If you don't want to be accused of taking bribe, you shouldn't drive your new Mercedes in front of your neighbors

PS: I have a similar problem with my neighbors: they don't want to renovate the building although it's clear that on the long term it would be cheaper (the building is doesn't have thermal insulation).
How could I have forgotten!

Cheaper and the whole house would look much better. And I ain't talking about the prices of material and project that are getting more and more expensive. And the government donations are getting lower and lower. It is high time to do it.

Old November 27th, 2013, 01:14 AM   #23047
italystf

My driveway, shared between 3 houses, is very muddy and full of potholes because in 20+ years we never managed to reach an agreement between us to pay for a layer of gravel.
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #23048
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21242

Cars and volcanic fallout are not good friends.

The Etna is picking up intensity again.
Old November 27th, 2013, 12:57 PM   #23049
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
My neighbours are morons. I totally hate them. Everyone wants to renovate our apartment house, but nobody wants to participate. Everything is expensive to them, proposed companies are wrong and today one owner of the apartment below me accused me for taking bribes from companies and that whole renovation is only occasion to me get rich. F**k it, I do all the agenda in my free time without any salary (even the fuel, phone bills etc. i have to pay on my own) and someone who is not interested in project at all tells me I take bribes.

When I ask if someone wants to propose a company into competition, everybody is silent and looking down, when I ask for remarks on winning company, everybody is silent. When I ask about the colour of façade, everybody is silent. But when the project starts and I choose something, everybody is full of ideas and I am the one who is wrong and who screwed it up.
I didn't know that you have moved to Slovenia.

@Etna: some really big rocks seem to fall down - how fast do they clear all those roads?

volodaaaa liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #23050
italystf

I once saw in a village near Mount Etna (maybe Nicolosi, I don't remember well, I was there in 2009) the "slippery road" danger sign with the integrative panel "volcanic ashes".
[IMG]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdb4-Lw0eI2NOONCowJKA1RDYhczaXNSh1-equzmWR1d99_2E3Mw[/IMG]
Old November 27th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #23051
MattiG

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
My driveway, shared between 3 houses, is very muddy and full of potholes because in 20+ years we never managed to reach an agreement between us to pay for a layer of gravel.
How much would that cost?
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #23052
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Chanukah (or Hanukkah or Hanukka.... there's no one correct spelling in English) begins this evening.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

Some in the American Jewish community, which I don't belong to but work in, have baptized this convergence "Thanksgivukah." Which I find silly and ridiculous-sounding. And published (joke) recipe ideas like latke-stuffed turkey.

But Happy Thanksgiving, Happy (C)hanuk(k)a(h), or both, where applicable. Everyone else, enjoy your Wednesday and Thursday. :-)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #23053
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
How much would that cost?
Not too much it's 50 meters long and 3 meters wide. But it's not just for money, the problems are that my neighbours are morons and they don't want to cooperate. They spend top money to renovate their houses or change cars but they don't want to spend anything for what can benefit someone else.
Old November 27th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #23054
italystf

A couple of Russian dashcam videos

Old November 27th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #23055
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Not too much it's 50 meters long and 3 meters wide. But it's not just for money, the problems are that my neighbours are morons and they don't want to cooperate. They spend top money to renovate their houses or change cars but they don't want to spend anything for what can benefit someone else.
That sounds very familiar to me
Old November 27th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #23056
MattiG

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
I guessed it is about some non-money thing. I am a shareholder to a private road of 1.6 km leading to our country-side villa. We have a road board to decide on the actions on an annual base. Typical activities are to buy 2-4 truckfulls of gravel, make the surface even, and keep the road in a good state all year round (implies snow ploughing). My share is some 8 per cent, and the annual cost less than 40 euros.

Last edited by MattiG; November 28th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #23057
volodaaaa

Quote:
Familiar as hell.

There is a small common former laundry room in our house, which is currently no longer used since 70s and now, there is such pile of junk from former owners, you can't even move around.

Although we need to take a loan to do a renovation, one owner, who has common wall with those laundry room, would like to buy it for 12 000 € and expand his apartment.

Great deal to me. But elderly inhabitants refused it, because: they don't like him. So he ended up without another room and we need to take a higher loan. Great logic.

Old November 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #23058
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Same stuff at my grandma's apartment... when the time to buy a new heating system came, a less efficient (but a bit cheaper) burner was chosen. Reason: they're all old people, who cares about 30 years returns if they have probably 5-10 to live?

And they say old people is wise...

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #23059
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Old November 27th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #23060
piotr71

To be honest, there is a small chance that Romanians and Bulagrians will be treated with any respect in the UK. There is icredibly high amount of hatred towards those nation here, mainly caused by right wing low end press and some politicians, including do-everything-to-be-elected Cameron&Clegg's team. Their attitiude is just disgusting, but unfortunately most of working class people (IMHO majority of Britains' population) believe in all crap they pronounce with their snake-like tongues.

Tags
highways, motorways