daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 9th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #23661
bogdymol
bogdymod

I don't want to start here a discussion about romanians / gypsyes, but the gypsies (rroma) population in Romania is less than 3%. The rest of the Romanians look like any other European (eastern or western, doesn't matter).
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:43 AM   #23662
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I don't want to start here a discussion about romanians / gypsyes, but the gypsies (rroma) population in Romania is less than 3%. The rest of the Romanians look like any other European (eastern or western, doesn't matter).
Not every tan person is Gypsy and not every Gypsy is a criminal. I think we could all agree at this point.

bogdymol, AnOldBlackMarble, Chilio liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 12:51 AM   #23663
bogdymol
bogdymod

I agree with that. There are bad gypsies, as well as bad Romanian, as well as bad [insert European citizenship here].

The problem is just that, if you look at the statistics, they're more likely to get in trouble. I searched for 15 minutes on the internet for a ethnic statistic from Romanian prisons, but couldn't get one.
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:05 AM   #23664
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 897

Do we have to talk about gypsies again?

Penn's Woods liked this post
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:06 AM   #23665
bogdymol
bogdymod

Nope

Pick another subject.
Old January 9th, 2014, 01:58 AM   #23666
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 14019

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Well, Greece is typical case how media manipulates and emphasize problems. Our media reported almost civil war in Greece in 2010: nothing was working, everyone was on strike, people are aggressive etc. I had booked apartment for summer holiday and been indeed afraid of situation in there.

But... everything was as usual. People were polite, each stranger became best friend soon, and people were indeed thankful. I have never doubt about critical economical problem Greece was in, but just want to tell you, that media made dumb lazy fat person of every Greek.

The same goes here over Americans. Americans are described here by media as stupid fat people. But any media can't explain, why American scientist were given Nobel prize but our greatest and wisest Slovak ones have not been yet.

Personally, I would be a little bit affraid of any Muslim from far east, yeah I would, because he is exotic to me and people are always afraid of strange unknown stuff (film genre of horror is basically based on it), but I see no reason why to be afraid of German, Italian, Serb or Briton.
Don't get me started. This year I've been to a few foreign countries where I haven't been before. In the Western media "country A" is depicted as a very joyous place and "country B" is like the second Mordor . But in reality "country A" was mediocre and even boring at times while we've had a lot of fun in "country B".

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 02:02 AM   #23667
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Now we all want to know who is A and who is B

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 02:09 AM   #23668
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 897

I've got a cuddly reindeer in my university room called Marcelo. I realised that Portugal's last dictator was also called Marcelo but the name had stuck.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:26 AM   #23669
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFigFoz View Post
Do we have to talk about gypsies again?
I would "like" that but the function seems to have disappeared??

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:32 AM   #23670
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Where is Road_UK?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:39 AM   #23671
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
I would "like" that but the function seems to have disappeared??
Nobody likes gypsies, even forum software
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 04:45 AM   #23672
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

How about Pauline Marois?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old January 9th, 2014, 05:13 AM   #23673
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Question for Italians: Gorizia-Nova Gorica is the largest urban area on the Slovenian border (I don't count Trieste); what about the Italian border? Obviously the largest one is Rome-Vatican City, but the Vatican City is much smaller than Nova Gorica. What about Chiasso in Switzerland and whatever there is on the Italian side? Como has 85,000 inhabitants, but it's not exactly on the border, so I'm not sure we should count it. Chiasso has just 8,000 inh., but it has some suburbs. And where is Brogeda?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 05:44 AM   #23674
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
How about Pauline Marois?
OK as long as they keep the head uncovered!

Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #23675
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Where is Road_UK?
He stole the 'Like' button and ran away with it

Old January 9th, 2014, 10:40 AM   #23676
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Question for Italians: Gorizia-Nova Gorica is the largest urban area on the Slovenian border (I don't count Trieste); what about the Italian border? Obviously the largest one is Rome-Vatican City, but the Vatican City is much smaller than Nova Gorica. What about Chiasso in Switzerland and whatever there is on the Italian side? Como has 85,000 inhabitants, but it's not exactly on the border, so I'm not sure we should count it. Chiasso has just 8,000 inh., but it has some suburbs. And where is Brogeda?
Como municipality borders Switzerland through Monte Olimpino, Ponte Chiasso and Sagnino suburbs, so I'd say it counts.

Given that much of the Italian border runs through main Alpine watershed, there aren't many transnational conurbations. Ventimiglia and Menton, though adjacent, are kind of separated by pretty much nothing.
Tirano is very close to the Swiss border, but there's not much on the other side.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #23677
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Now we all want to know who is A and who is B
I guess B is Serbia.

nbcee liked this post
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 03:50 PM   #23678
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
He stole the 'Like' button and ran away with it

I was going to celebrate the removal of the 'like' thing but it is a temporary issue. I don't like likes*, because almost everyday I have notifications that I don't like to read.

*Heck, that sounded like a monster of the Legend of Zelda videogame series.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #23679
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Today was my first day at high school as a teacher. The older students (16+) were all right, were concentrated and seemingly got everything I'd said.

But younger (13 yrs old) were like in hell. First, they laughed at pigeon behind the window for 10 minutes, then a student had to drew an outline of Europe on my demand at blackboard . The rest spent another 10 minutes laughing at his art by comparing it with hippopotamus. It was not funny at all.

cinxxx, DanielFigFoz liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #23680
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
But younger (13 yrs old) were like in hell. First, they laughed at pigeon behind the window for 10 minutes,
I sort of spent 10 minutes of one of my classes today looking at a pigeon in front of another class window
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways