daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 10th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #26481
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Do you guys like the way Belgrade looks ?
Because you have probably see him on Street view.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #26482
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Today was unbearable at 29 °C and a constant 28 °C in my apartment, no matter how many windows I opened.
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2014, 10:46 PM   #26483
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Well, Nigel is pretty honest about it at the European Parliament in Strasbourg. He not only wants Britain to divorce from the EU. He wants the whole of Europe to divorce from the EU. And just be good neighbours and partners, but without the bureaucracy.
I know about his statements. For a short period of time, he was quite popular in my country. EU is in crisis. But nationalism and isolatism is not the solution. Bureaucracy is a problem. On the other hand, important things are not solved at all (transportation is a proper example).

Personally, I agree with him in some points (especially in criticism towards mechanism how EU parliament works), but I think, Europe should be renewed, not fallen apart.

Road_UK liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #26484
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Ulvik, Norway had over 34 °C.
Weird. Today in Trieste 17°C, rain and wind. We had warmer days in late March!
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:07 AM   #26485
italystf

Still no Street View in Serbia
https://www.google.it/maps/place/Ser...5e50ea3723865d
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #26486
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
About 10 minutes ago, I tried to click on the human icon and then clicked somewhere in Belgrade no matter there was not a blue line. It accidentally started Now trying it on and on and it does not work.

Old July 11th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #26487
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiga View Post
Today was unbearable at 29 °C and a constant 28 °C in my apartment, no matter how many windows I opened.
Unbearable? This is just right.
Only 14°C here today, tomorrow it will be already 25. Let the summer finally begin.

volodaaaa liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:24 AM   #26488
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Unbearable? This is just right.
Only 14°C here today, tomorrow it will be already 25. Let the summer finally begin.
Different standards in accordance with latitude

Old July 11th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #26489
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ZR View Post
Actually, Google held a conference today in which they presented Street View, but it will be available in a few days...
On the other hand, good news is that they will continue shooting rest of the Serbia in next three-four months. Here are Opel Astras newly registered to Belgrade plates, which will be used in Serbia:

cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 12:50 AM   #26490
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4016

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
About 10 minutes ago, I tried to click on the human icon and then clicked somewhere in Belgrade no matter there was not a blue line. It accidentally started Now trying it on and on and it does not work.
Maybe you picked some of the photo spheres that exist there:

http://goo.gl/maps/67s11
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 01:03 AM   #26491
volodaaaa

Could be possible

Old July 11th, 2014, 01:17 AM   #26492
italystf

How many Google Cars do exist? Are they registered in every country who has coverage? I read that Google Cars with Dutch plates have been spotted in Milan years ago, so probably there's not relationship between license plates and covered area.
So, why they purchased new cars for Serbia while they could use cars that were previously used in other countries, where they aren't needed anymore since they're already mapped?
Old July 11th, 2014, 02:08 AM   #26493
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

I notice that Google is using Opel Astra J.
But in some other countries Google was using Opel Astra H.
Obviously Google loves Opel

Last edited by Autoputevi kao hobi; July 11th, 2014 at 02:19 AM.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 02:33 AM   #26494
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Slovenia was photographed by Greek-plated cars.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:09 AM   #26495
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiga View Post
This is why God invented air conditioning....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:14 AM   #26496
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Speaking of Streetview cars, a Google Streetview car was spotted today (well, technically yesterday) in the city centre of Utrecht (NL)
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 08:24 AM   #26497
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I know about his statements. For a short period of time, he was quite popular in my country. EU is in crisis. But nationalism and isolatism is not the solution. Bureaucracy is a problem. On the other hand, important things are not solved at all (transportation is a proper example).

Personally, I agree with him in some points (especially in criticism towards mechanism how EU parliament works), but I think, Europe should be renewed, not fallen apart.
You and me have exactly the same opinion. We should form a party

Mind you, Nigel is hilarious when it comes to some of his speeches in parliament. Especially the way he crosses swords with Guy Verhofstad, the former prime-minister of Belgium. (he doesn't like Belgium and keeps on revering it as a non-country)

Farage tells former Belgian prime minister to shut up and listen for a change, and also comments to a Romanian MEP about the Romanian treatment of a minority group I won't mention )

Last edited by Road_UK; July 11th, 2014 at 08:36 AM.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 09:14 AM   #26498
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post

This is why God invented air conditioning....
29 degrees "unbearable"? Air conditioning? I guess everything is relative
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 10:57 AM   #26499
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 14026

Quote:
You and me have exactly the same opinion. We should form a party
Count me in!
Quote:

Mind you, Nigel is hilarious when it comes to some of his speeches in parliament. Especially the way he crosses swords with Guy Verhofstad, the former prime-minister of Belgium. (he doesn't like Belgium and keeps on revering it as a non-country)
The thing is that he has many good points. Like when he starts with that the anti-Assad forces are not clearly the "good guys" in the Syrian civil war - and with the rise of ISIS/ISIL he was damn right about that. Now of course he often uses these valid points of arguments to support his wacky ideas and his style can be offensive to some - but you can't ignore how entertaining he is. Heck, he even made my little brother watch political speeches - a thing which didn't happen since 2006. Anyway I still wouldn't vote for him but I think we should consider some of his points.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

Road_UK liked this post
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #26500
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 14026

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
29 degrees "unbearable"? Air conditioning? I guess everything is relative
I was once talking with a lady from Cyprus who was horrified when she learned that temperatures can drop below 20 degrees in September here...

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

Last edited by nbcee; July 11th, 2014 at 11:42 AM.
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways