daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 26th, 2014, 04:33 AM   #26761
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

the problem is, you have a nonzero chance of dying anyway, as for example you would if going on vacation to beautiful, sunny Kuala Lumpur

Being stuck with Putin isn't exactly correct, the issue really seems just "Russia" as it has been typical modus operandi of that country to screw every other country over for fun since the czars... That 1992-2002 ish period of relative calm (unless Chechnya or anything else) is probably only an anomaly

It is kind of like being in grade school and there's a big kid who punches you in the face every day. You can figure that you'll probably survive physically getting punched every day. But you may be better to hit that kid once to make it stop, but its risky.

Anyway I am sorry to flog the horse, but try to imagine what actually has happened here...
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #26762
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

What is up with Finland? Up to 29 °C this early in the morning...

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 11:08 AM   #26763
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1751

There is a joke (not very funny though) about what would have happened if there had been states only ruled by women. The world would have become a bunch of offended non-speaking countries.

If you think it over, you will realize the situation is exactly like that!
Like 'My crush did not answered my phone, he must be cheating on me. I bet... I mean I am sure, it is my best friend. Better stop speaking with her'.

War is useless. Look at cold war, or war in Yugoslavia. Was it worth it? We are starting the same with Russia. Russia should be put on place, but for that which has really done.

There is still no evidence that Russia controls separatists. It is just assumption. Blaming Putin for the plane is like blaming Hungary for killing Krajina Serbs in Croatia in 1995 (due to weapon smuggling). Ridiculous. It is pretty in contrast with Crimea annexion which is evident act of Russian Federation. That was the point when Putin had to be put in place. I remember countries reacted very variously, nebolously and weakly.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #26764
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

I think everyone should make one step back, Kiev government should realize there are two or more major ethnic groups living in Ukraine and change the country to federal republic, and Ukraine Russians should accept the fact they are living in Ukraine and stop making Russia out of it.

Verso liked this post
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #26765
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Not possible. Russians and Ukrainians don't get along.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #26766
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

they lived together for 1000 years...

how is it with you in Tirol?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #26767
Road_UK
BANNED

Very ill at the moment and nervous about my hospital visit in Innsbruck on Monday. Other than that ok, how are you?
Old July 26th, 2014, 02:28 PM   #26768
bogdymol
bogdymod

Wish you all the best.

Meanwhile in Romania:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Road_UK, Verso, cinxxx liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 02:33 PM   #26769
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
they lived together for 1000 years...
how is it with you in Tirol?
Actually they did not. A very large part of the current Ukraine did never belong to Russia/USSR before World War II. Those parts of Ukraine which are ethnically dominantly Ukrainian, were historically never together with the current Easter Ukraine (dominantly Russian) until 1945.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #26770
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Hail storm. It's all Americans' fault.

Skyline_ liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #26771
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Hello, all.

I haven't read the last, what, 12 hours of posts and am not going to. So I don't know whether we're (you're) still talking about that.

I want to point something out.

I got off this thread yesterday evening knowing I needed to try to eat something. As I tried to pull myself together, I was very, very despondent. So much so I was thinking of jumping off a bridge, sparing myself waiting to be killed. (I don't think I'm the type to do that, but...) Now, I may be more sensitive than most....

Then I realized something: the only World War III talk I'd seen or heard all day was on this very thread. And I felt a bit better. Enough to eat a bit and have a relatively calm evening and a good night's sleep.

I think we're upsetting ourselves. Yes, the situation may be bad, but I don't think it's as bad as many of us fear it is. And - to put it bluntly - if these are the last days of our lives, I for one don't want to spend them feeling the way I did yesterday. But I don't think they are the last days. (Which raises the problem of spending years, possibly, feeling the way I did yesterday. And I sure as hell don't want to do that!)

One more thing. Our words are public. I'd hate for some lurker to have read that conversation and been driven to something desperate.

For the sake of my own mental health, I'm staying off this thread for the rest of the weekend.

Peace. To all of us, and to the world.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 04:33 PM   #26772
Skyline_

Likes (Received): 985

Penn, you take SSC too seriously! It was never supposed to be taken seriously because

A. This is the internet
B. SSC has always been a troll nest!
"Aristarchus [310 BC – 230 BC] has brought out a book consisting of certain hypotheses: His hypotheses are that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved, that the Earth revolves about the Sun on the circumference of a circle." (Archimedes 287 BC –  212 BC).
http://www.pepkm.gr/web/guest/en_home
http://cor.europa.eu/en/regions/page...berList=Member
http://www.pkm.gov.gr/
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #26773
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_ View Post
Penn, you take SSC too seriously! It was never supposed to be taken seriously because

A. This is the internet
B. SSC has always been a troll nest!
Not in this section where a lot of us go back a long way together. And troll nests are generally in the Skybars...
Old July 26th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #26774
Road_UK
BANNED

I'm active in the Dutch section at the moment about the situation in Ukraine. It's all peaceful and relaxed because generally we all want the same thing. I don't dare to look for similar threads in the international Skybars because I instinctively know what they're like...
Old July 26th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #26775
Skyline_

Likes (Received): 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I'm active in the Dutch section at the moment about the situation in Ukraine. It's all peaceful and relaxed because generally we all want the same thing. I don't dare to look for similar threads in the international Skybars because I instinctively know what they're like...
That's because international, verbal conflicts do not happen on national skybars.
"Aristarchus [310 BC – 230 BC] has brought out a book consisting of certain hypotheses: His hypotheses are that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved, that the Earth revolves about the Sun on the circumference of a circle." (Archimedes 287 BC –  212 BC).
http://www.pepkm.gr/web/guest/en_home
http://cor.europa.eu/en/regions/page...berList=Member
http://www.pkm.gov.gr/
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #26776
Road_UK
BANNED

Exactly.
Old July 26th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #26777
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Question for you Road Uk
Is you're wife from Russia ?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2014, 08:12 PM   #26778
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Question for you Road Uk
Is you're wife from Russia ?
Yes she is. From St Petersburg.
Old July 26th, 2014, 08:15 PM   #26779
Road_UK
BANNED

How do you know about her? She's active on this forum, usually in the Russian sections. Have you met her?
Old July 26th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #26780
bogdymol
bogdymod

You told us before about her...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways