daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM   #27221
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Did you try this site? http://kamernet.nl/
Yes, but out of something like 40 messages sent, I got 3 answers (all of which useless). I'm a bit upset with Kamernet, since I'm giving them good money to NOT receive replies...

I should better specify this: I'm looking for a semester stay, possibly sharing the house with other students.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2014, 01:15 PM   #27222
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Do what I told you to do last night. I am there to back you up.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:06 PM   #27223
Skyline_

Likes (Received): 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
What do you mean? The design is exactly the same of the old one:
No.... the head of Europa on the right side wasn't there in the old design.
"Aristarchus [310 BC – 230 BC] has brought out a book consisting of certain hypotheses: His hypotheses are that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved, that the Earth revolves about the Sun on the circumference of a circle." (Archimedes 287 BC –  212 BC).
http://www.pepkm.gr/web/guest/en_home
http://cor.europa.eu/en/regions/page...berList=Member
http://www.pkm.gov.gr/
Skyline_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 02:27 PM   #27224
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

I'm confused... you were talking about the "Greek Ionian order of the columns", which were there even before..
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:25 PM   #27225
Skyline_

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I'm confused... you were talking about the "Greek Ionian order of the columns", which were there even before..
My bad... Anyway, the head of Europa is a new addition and I like it a lot!
"Aristarchus [310 BC – 230 BC] has brought out a book consisting of certain hypotheses: His hypotheses are that the fixed stars and the Sun remain unmoved, that the Earth revolves about the Sun on the circumference of a circle." (Archimedes 287 BC –  212 BC).
Old August 22nd, 2014, 05:39 PM   #27226
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
Members who live in Croatia,Serbia and other Balkan country's would not going to be able to come,becase they live too far away.

a friend of mine went to a lunch to Salzburg and Padova (i know, it's not common, but not impossible at all).
i went to Wien to meet my friends from Poland. Poland and Croatia are too far for such one-day trips, so we made it at half-way in Wien.
for me it would be acceptable anything in the circle Venezia - Wels - Wien - Bratislava - Budapest - Timisoara - Beograd - Sarajevo - Split. even famous Salzburg wouldn't go too far of that circle. i wouldn't have to calculate too much for such a trip, it is just "sit in car and drive".

cinxxx, volodaaaa liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2014, 07:36 PM   #27227
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Yes, but out of something like 40 messages sent, I got 3 answers (all of which useless). I'm a bit upset with Kamernet, since I'm giving them good money to NOT receive replies...

I should better specify this: I'm looking for a semester stay, possibly sharing the house with other students.
You should find someone that is also leaving for half a year and exchange the rooms. You will possibly not be able to officially sign yourself at rhe city hall as most of the rooms are not allowed to be sub leased though.

In fact you are quite late now.You could try a hostel for a month and keep searching as being able to show yourself personally wil be a plus.

You could still cobtact the uni though.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 02:45 AM   #27228
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post

a friend of mine went to a lunch to Salzburg and Padova (i know, it's not common, but not impossible at all).
i went to Wien to meet my friends from Poland. Poland and Croatia are too far for such one-day trips, so we made it at half-way in Wien.
for me it would be acceptable anything in the circle Venezia - Wels - Wien - Bratislava - Budapest - Timisoara - Beograd - Sarajevo - Split. even famous Salzburg wouldn't go too far of that circle. i wouldn't have to calculate too much for such a trip, it is just "sit in car and drive".
I once drove from near Udine to Florence and back in the same day to meet a friend (650km in total). For longer distances I'd prefer to spend at least a night out. My father once drove Udine-Rome-Udine in the same day (1200km in total!) for job reasons.
But why Wels is so important for being included in the list?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:05 AM   #27229
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
i couldn't find anything better to round that part of circle
Old August 23rd, 2014, 07:13 AM   #27230
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
I once drove from near Udine to Florence and back in the same day to meet a friend (650km in total). For longer distances I'd prefer to spend at least a night out. My father once drove Udine-Rome-Udine in the same day (1200km in total!) for job reasons.
I am not a professional driver but I drive 1,100 km with only some short breaks sevrral times a year (it is the distance from my current accomodation to my parents' house).
However, I prefer flying. Currently I'm sitting in the airport Colongne-Bonn, waiting for the flight to Budapest :-)
Attus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 10:00 AM   #27231
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
I once loaded in Northampton on a Saturday, delivered Naples on a Monday, Northampton again on the following Wednesday and Naples on a Friday

On the way down through Mont Blanc, coming back empty through Switzerland.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 10:56 AM   #27232
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Meanwhile in Culver City, California...

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

bogdymol, keokiracer liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:48 AM   #27233
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Worse than Italian ZTLs signs.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

volodaaaa liked this post
Old August 23rd, 2014, 11:50 AM   #27234
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I once loaded in Northampton on a Saturday, delivered Naples on a Monday, Northampton again on the following Wednesday and Naples on a Friday

On the way down through Mont Blanc, coming back empty through Switzerland.
Yes, but for job reason it's another thing. If I travel for pleasure, I want a more relaxed timetable.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 12:03 PM   #27235
Road_UK
BANNED

Here is one that I have done a number of times:

Load Huddersfield on a Saturday
Deliver Stockholm Monday
Load Magdeburg Tuesday
Deliver Valencia Wednesday and mostly reloads somewhere in France going back to the UK on a Thursday. And do the same round again on Saturday...

Old August 23rd, 2014, 02:41 PM   #27236
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I'm sure you found this on AARoads forum .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 02:48 PM   #27237
Skyline_

My longest journey so far. From Greece to the "red" island North of Scandinavia. Definitely longer than Road UK's euro-trips!
Old August 23rd, 2014, 03:03 PM   #27238
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I'm sure you found this on AARoads forum .
Wrong!
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:06 PM   #27239
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1751

On and on I wonder about the ongoing Cold War II.

A story about Austria´s plans to build broad gauge railway from Moscow to Vienna has appeared in Slovak media. According to the competent people, the War in Ukraine is not relevant and they don't see any reason to reconsider the plans.

But cherries from Hungary or nectarines from Greece for Russian market seem to be a great problem. Sometimes I have feeling, this war is only about to weaken the small enterprisers

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2014, 04:08 PM   #27240
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_ View Post

My longest journey so far. From Greece to the "red" island North of Scandinavia. Definitely longer than Road UK's euro-trips!
Flights don't count. It's easier to fly to the other side of the world than driving 2000km in Europe. Flying it's probably the only way to get to Spitsbergen.

Tags
highways, motorways