daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 03:40 AM   #28161
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

As long as Serbia doesn't come to you....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

nbcee liked this post
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2014, 04:35 AM   #28162
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Is this the remnants of that hurricane that hit Bermuda last Friday? "
It is indeed.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 11:01 AM   #28163
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Likes (Received): 13997

It's probably a communication trick. They have an international scandal boiling at the moment so they threw this as a decoy to the public. Of course the whole Hungarian speaking part of the net erupted and everyone was speaking against it from the far right to the far left. As I write this already 75k people clicked like on a fb-page that wants to organise a protest this sunday.

And now the leader of their parliamentary fraction says that they will modify the text of the proposed law and there will be an upper limit "around 1000 Ft" (a bit more that 3 Euros). But they still haven't modified it so everyone will continue to talk about this and not other issues.

Emperor of Bir Tawil and the Nbcee farmlands
Demigod of DLM

Jasper90 liked this post

Last edited by nbcee; October 23rd, 2014 at 12:30 AM.
nbcee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 12:28 PM   #28164
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Pretty rough weather here this night.
currently on A1-A2 interchange:
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:27 PM   #28165
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Just paid another visit upstairs. Had three pieces of the arancini. Also on offer are dried figs and sugar-covered almonds.
That's all typical Italian stuff, more exactly Sicilian. It's not something originary from Balkan countries.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Penn's Woods liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 01:30 PM   #28166
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
The main issue is that Hungary has a large tax on phone calls and SMSs (what's the plural of SMS?). But "unfortunately" people started to use internet calls (Skype, Hangouts, etc.) instead of phone and web based message services (e.g. Facebook messenger) instead of SMS so that the income from that kind of tax is much less than expected. So the govermnent said, alright, we create a new tax on internet usage.
I think that the EU commission can make pressure against it. In the early-to-middle 2000s, EU laws forced Italian mobile operators to issue more favourable contitions to customers, such the ability to change operator without changing number and the abolition of the fee for top-ups (before, you paid 30€ for a 25€ top up).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Jasper90 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 02:40 PM   #28167
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

So, the governmental party, Fidesz, modified the internet tax, it will have a monthly lmit: 700 forint (approx. 2.30 €) for individuals and 5,000 forint (16.70 €) for companies. The phone tax has the same limits.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:58 PM   #28168
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

that Rotterdam banner looks really cool.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:46 PM   #28169
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
So, the governmental party, Fidesz, modified the internet tax, it will have a monthly lmit: 700 forint (approx. 2.30 €) for individuals and 5,000 forint (16.70 €) for companies. The phone tax has the same limits.
Are Hungarians satisfied with Fidesz and Orban?

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:56 PM   #28170
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Pretty rough weather here this night.
currently on A1-A2 interchange:
Is that water on the sides?
Also Verso,make some pictures of Serbia,so that forumers from all over the world can see the way Serbia looks.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:56 PM   #28171
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11828

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I think mostly they are, but thats not the point. The problem is that we have no opposition in Hungary since almost 5 years now. All they do is bitching around about Hungary on certain european forums, which is very counterproductive. Instead they should build a new party, which prevents Fidesz to win a 2/3 majority all the time. Because the main problem is this, not Fidesz itself.

You could send a 50 donkeys in our parliament and they could do better then the current opposition. So basically only Fidesz voters go to elections, the others either dont care, or work abroad.
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:12 PM   #28172
volodaaaa

It is pretty interesting because here in Slovakia, we got the same situation, with no exclusions. One, let's say - huge (like to be leftwing) party (Smer) on the one side and the bunch of rightwing parties which are still breaking down into more (It seems everyone wants to be a party president). So according to the unofficial poll, the predicted results are: Smer with 40 % and other 10 parties with 3-4 % Unfortunately you need the 5 % to make it to the parliament .

But it is not about the strength of the leftwing party, it is about people getting tired of rightwing parties and refuse to vote in elections.

Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:17 PM   #28173
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

I can agree with Jack and add some stuff to that. First of all Fidesz has a devoted fanbase of roughly 2 million people. Besides them we have around 1.5 million people who vote for the various leftist parties - which sometimes spend more time arguing with each other than arguing with Fidesz. And there's 1 million Jobbik voters who hate both sides - and the rest just don't care about politics.

The thing is that nowadays the left is only visible in big cities. The countryside has been "taken over" by Fidesz and to a lesser extent Jobbik. Fidesz has a bit more female followers while Jobbik is supported by significantly more men than women. These two graphs can give you some additional info about the voter bases of the parties:

party preferences by age groups
http://www.tarki.hu/hu/news/2013/kit...20131118_2.png
party preferences by various other citeria
http://www.tarki.hu/hu/news/2014/kit...20140107_1.png
(Some help for interpreting the second one. From left to right: the religious, the roma, those who own two cars, those with a university degree, those who own stocks, those who have mortgages, those who live in microdistricts, those who are in need)

Demigod of DLM

volodaaaa liked this post
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:19 PM   #28174
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

Quote:
It is pretty interesting because here in Slovakia, we got the same situation, with no exclusions. One, let's say - huge (like to be leftwing) party (Smer) on the one side and the bunch of rightwing parties which are still breaking down into more (It seems everyone wants to be a party president). So according to the unofficial poll, the predicted results are: Smer with 40 % and other 10 parties with 3-4 % Unfortunately you need the 5 % to make it to the parliament .

But it is not about the strength of the leftwing party, it is about people getting tired of rightwing parties and refuse to vote in elections.
Correct me if you see it differently but RF and OV have become similar in many ways.

Demigod of DLM
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:20 PM   #28175
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

Similar situation is in Serbia. A relatively strong Serbian Progressive Party (SNS) and a fragmented opposition, with the main opposition party recently split in two.
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:26 PM   #28176
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbcee View Post
Correct me if you see it differently but RF and OV have become similar in many ways.
I see it alike. But I think Fidesz proclaims itself as a right-centre party, while Smer would like to be a social-democratic (with X6's and Mercedes GL's in their garages ).
Considering their disputes 8-6 years ago, I think they become something like friends (always smiling when together, sharing similar opinions on geopolicy, etc.). I have mixed feelings about that, on one hand I like they got over the hatred and their voters somehow followed them, on the other side I suspect they abusing their power.

nbcee liked this post
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:37 PM   #28177
nbcee
Machiavellian travesty

I always like to say that social-democratic or conservative have different meanings in this part of the world. For example Smer making a coalition with SNS (the Slovakian one, not the Serbian ) was pretty far from traditional leftist values. Or Fidesz implementing leftist economic policies...

However it's even more strange that there were more Slovak-Hungarian disagreements when both countries were governed by leftist parties And now:

Demigod of DLM
Old October 22nd, 2014, 10:49 PM   #28178
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Dutch politics are fairly evenly split over the spectrum. There are a lot (too many) parties, but not one is even close of getting a majority. We currently have a two-party coalition (conservative-liberals & social democrats) which hold each other in balance pretty well, so there is no outspoken right wing or left wing policy. They do business with the 'constructive opposition', so all policies currently have quite a big support in parliament.

Polling before the last elections suggested the largest party might have gotten 15-16% of the vote, but they luckily managed to get some 28% of the vote, and their opponent about 24%. So these opposite poles formed a coalition government that seems to work reasonably well, all planned reforms have been done, so they have another 1.5 years of sitting around their finished policies.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 11:08 PM   #28179
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

Completely irrelevantly, I just discovered an obsolete coin in my pocket: a Canadian penny.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Kanadzie liked this post
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 11:09 PM   #28180
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Considering that all what my Hungarian mates wrote was right, I think there some other factors, too.

Many people in Hungary have nationalist feelings. And Orbán uses it in a brilliant way. He protects Hungarian interests against everyone (except for Russia) and it is quite popular in Hungary. He persuaded millions of people in Hungary that EU is the greates enemy of Hungary. He is the one that can protect Hungary against the evil EU. Even for corruption has he a great excuse: it was the only way to protect Hungarian interests against foreign ones. And the people think: that's great! Even about the current USA scandal many people think US is evil and it's right that we fight against them, using corruption as weapon.

And a very important thing: The government made the so called "household costs decreasing" ("rezsicsökkentés"). The price of gas and electricity was lowered by 20% in the recent years. For poor people it was a very very important action and of course they bless Orbán's name.
And it is a double-success: almost all gas and electricity providers are foreign companies so this action is not only good for people but good for PR as well: we protected the interests of our people against those evil foreign providers.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways