daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #2821
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

^ Oh, cobbles. No, that's not particularly common here, except part of the pavement by my house, you can see it on one of the pics.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:51 PM   #2822
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Radi, "tiles" are widely used in bathrooms rather than in the streets.
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #2823
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19397

We call these tiles, just as bathroom tiles in the Netherlands:
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #2824
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Looks like they're gonna pour a very thin layer of asphalt on that street.
6+3 cm is almost a norm in Slovenia for such a street. At least my designs have that. But of course often there is much discrepancy between design and actual construction, especially with local roads and small local companies.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #2825
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ Oh, cobbles. No, that's not particularly common here, except part of the pavement by my house, you can see it on one of the pics.
Sounds good, if the asphalt is new asphalted sidewalks look better than tiled sidewalks, seems Slovenia have a high standart there, too. show some town scenery of Slovenia, I want see if it is like some ******* dirty Bulgarian town, like most unfortunately are, or if it looks like high standart. The motorways of Slovenia, besides the bad looking emergency lanes are the smoothest motorways Iīve ever experienced, they are true masterpeaces and that quality is unreached I think. I must go to vacation in Slovenia someday, it interested me since I first rode through it when I was 13. I could go to Slovenia and drive all motorways numerous times before I continue to Bulgaria because I am that impressed about the smoothness of them, true masterpeaces.

Last edited by Radish2; January 26th, 2009 at 09:58 PM.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #2826
Verso
Islander

^ Slovenian motorways aren't very smooth, Radi. As for towns, they aren't really dirty, especially not if you mean dusty. Pavement can be quite bad, but it's not dusty; I don't know where dust would come from anyway.
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #2827
Radish2

Quote:
^ Slovenian motorways aren't very smooth, Radi. As for towns, they aren't really dirty, especially not if you mean dusty. Pavement can be quite bad, but it's not dusty; I don't know where dust would come from anyway.
I donīt know what you understand under smooth, but Verso, when I rode with the bus Stuttgart - Sofia Slovenian motorways always felt best so that means something, but maybe the buses have so good suspension that the road must be really bad to feel bumpy. And not only that, the motorways are very clean and the asphalt is dark grey brown, the best asphalt color, the markings are always very good and so on, overpasses over the motorway always look impressive and so on, it always looks like very high standart and if I will ever have the money for a house, I would asphalt with grey brown asphalt my parking lot and so on.
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:08 PM   #2828
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Normal Dutch houses have double glass.
I have double glass, but I could still hear the dog when I closed it. It's weird, because I sleep through all noise around (trains, A2, scooters), but I get awakened by ducks and dogs
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #2829
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
I donīt know what you understand under smooth, but Verso, when I rode with the bus Stuttgart - Sofia Slovenian motorways always felt best so that means something, but maybe the buses have so good suspension that the road must be really bad to feel bumpy. And not only that, the motorways are very clean and the asphalt is dark grey brown, the best asphalt color, the markings are always very good and so on, overpasses over the motorway always look impressive and so on, it always looks like very high standart and if I will ever have the money for a house, I would asphalt with grey brown asphalt my parking lot and so on.
So you will import Slovenian asphalt; great business. Well, the A2 Ljubljana-Zagreb is mostly new, but it's quite true that we don't have many badly-paved motorways. The worst one now seems to be the A1 north of Maribor, but I'm not sure, I don't drive there every day.
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #2830
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I heard the neighbors shouting at eachother yesterday... Disadvantage of an apartment...
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #2831
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

My computer is having trouble again. Same trouble, monitor stops working after 10 minutes, and reacts to nothing but a hard stop. Tomorrow someone is going to have a look at it
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:41 PM   #2832
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

Do you guys use this little thingy?

hijackthis.de
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #2833
Radish2

Quote:
So you will import Slovenian asphalt; great business. Well, the A2 Ljubljana-Zagreb is mostly new, but it's quite true that we don't have many badly-paved motorways. The worst one now seems to be the A1 north of Maribor, but I'm not sure, I don't drive there every day.
Yes, I would import Slovenian motorway asphalt, cause I think itīs the best asphalt aviable, together with the Struma motorway asphalt. And you said it is new, well the older parts of that motorway exist since quite some time, they exist since 2003 probably, and a motorway that old usually has aged a bit, not the Slovenian A2!

Last edited by Radish2; January 27th, 2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #2834
Verso
Islander

For the best asphalt I think you should go to the Netherlands. Some parts of A2 are from 80's also...
Old January 27th, 2009, 01:20 AM   #2835
Radish2

Quote:
For the best asphalt I think you should go to the Netherlands. Some parts of A2 are from 80's also...
when I look at it it looks very hard like German asphalt, is it? Slovenian asphalt is soft and rough so that thereīs good grip, just like perfect asphalt has to be. I only have the real motorway experience in Slovenia, ah I wish so much to go there again to see and feel it again. And you must admit that everything on your motorways is very clean, overpasses over the motorway are with white concrete and so on, it just looks amazing. The experience is just connsumate when you see the direction arrowsigns in Ljubliana, which are illuminated, crazy.
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #2836
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
The French tollways also have excellent asphalt. Toll free roads can be pretty bad, I remember A35 and A2 in France.
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #2837
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
when I look at it it looks very hard like German asphalt, is it? Slovenian asphalt is soft and rough so that thereīs good grip, just like perfect asphalt has to be. I only have the real motorway experience in Slovenia, ah I wish so much to go there again to see and feel it again. And you must admit that everything on your motorways is very clean, overpasses over the motorway are with white concrete and so on, it just looks amazing. The experience is just connsumate when you see the direction arrowsigns in Ljubliana, which are illuminated, crazy.
You sound as if we're out of space. You sure know how to make someone busy; where can I find some (illuminated) direction signs in Ljubljana at night? Let me think...
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #2838
Radish2

you can find them on the route which you took before the last bypass was finished, where you turn left first and then turn right and pass the underpass with the tennis court above, there I know for sure there are such signs because thatīs where Iīve seen them.
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:25 PM   #2839
Verso
Islander

^ Yeah, I know they are all across Ljubljana, not just on Celovška Street, but where on Internet to find them? I'll see...
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #2840
Radish2

I wish more countries would use the Slovenian motorway design and aspahlt.

Tags
highways, motorways