daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM   #28821
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Btw. look up for "serbian fail blog" on youtube. You'll get bunch of weekly updated dash cam videos from Russia. It says no one were injured but it is clearly a lie. Anyways, I like wathching it. Not for the reason of some kind mortal vouyerism, but because it shows me the situations that may happen. E.g. After few videos, I always do my best to avoid driving along truck or bus in tunnel.
I prefer 7CarCrashCompilation
He uploads (mostly Russian) dashcam crash videos ranging between 5-15 minutes almost everyday

And if I want to get a seperate clip of one of the crashes I always check rusdtp.ru/video
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #28822
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

It fascinates me. Sometimes it seems like they don't want to avoid the accident. Is it profitable to crash knowing you are not the guilty one or is it just some kind of lack of self control?

Last edited by volodaaaa; November 14th, 2014 at 09:40 PM.
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:07 PM   #28823
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 890

I was walking down the hill here earlier with a friend of mine, when a car came out of a side road at the same time that a car turned in and they hit each other. We stopped walking but it looked like neither car was going anywhere and as it was a very slow crash everyone was alright. So we started crossing the side road behind the crash, me going first. Then suddenly the driver that was turning out of the side road started reversing, as they were blocking the road, but she evidently didn't look in her rear view mirror, because she would have seen me, and she wasn't reversing that slowly either. So I had to run away from her and I managed to get myself onto the pavement, I don't think she even noticed I was behind, even when she went past me.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #28824
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
It fascinates me. Sometimes it seems like they don't want to avoid the accident. Is it profitable to crash knowing you are not the guilty one or is it just some kind of lack of self control?
They're just crazy. Backward lifestyle.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #28825
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Just remembered something funny. Back in 2000 I used (coincidentally, wasn't planned) 5 different means of transportation in the same day. First I drove by bus from a suburb of Bern (CH) to the main train station, then I went by train to Thun, then I boarded a ship and cruised on Lake Thun, then went by train back to Bern and on to the Zurich airport, then plane to the Ljubljana airport, and finally to Ljubljana by car. Ever done something so silly?

Jasper90 liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 02:51 AM   #28826
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Were you in a Top Gear race?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Verso liked this post
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 02:55 AM   #28827
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Car to Newark Airport, Plane to Zaventem, train into Brussels, tram out to the Atomium and back.... No, that's only four.

Car to Kennedy, airport shuttle, plane to DeGaulle, train into the Gare du Nord, mÚtro (lines 3 and 4) to Saint-Lazare, train to Caen, bus to university. Six in one 24-hour period. VoilÓ.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 15th, 2014, 03:02 AM   #28828
Jasper90
UnitÓ

Likes (Received): 12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Just remembered something funny. Back in 2000 I used (coincidentally, wasn't planned) 5 different means of transportation in the same day. First I drove by bus from a suburb of Bern (CH) to the main train station, then I went by train to Thun, then I boarded a ship and cruised on Lake Thun, then went by train back to Bern and on to the Zurich airport, then plane to the Ljubljana airport, and finally to Ljubljana by car. Ever done something so silly?
Waterbus from my home to Venice bus station, bus to Venice airport, plane to Berlin, train to Berlin centre, underground bringing closer to my rented home and tram for a few stops.
That's 6 different means of transport in a day!

Please visit my thread, and feel free to ask any question :) don't forget to subscribe!

Penn's Woods, Verso liked this post
Jasper90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 03:16 AM   #28829
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Jasper is winning so far. Penn's, you're missing something on water to surpass me. :P
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 03:41 AM   #28830
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper90 View Post
Waterbus from my home to Venice bus station, bus to Venice airport, plane to Berlin, train to Berlin centre, underground bringing closer to my rented home and tram for a few stops.
That's 6 different means of transport in a day!
What, no gondola?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL

piotr71 liked this post
Old November 15th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #28831
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Jasper is winning so far. Penn's, you're missing something on water to surpass me. :P
Mine's six in about 15 hours. If not technically the same day.
Next time I'm going to the Continent I'll fly to Heathrow so I can work a ferry into it.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 15th, 2014, 04:10 AM   #28832
Jasper90
UnitÓ

Likes (Received): 12123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
What, no gondola?

Too touristic, but most of all too expensive. It costs something like 80 euro for an hour!

Better take the waterbus, which brings 250 people and costs 1.50 euro (only if you're resident, worker or student in Venice)

Please visit my thread, and feel free to ask any question :) don't forget to subscribe!
Jasper90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #28833
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
According to google maps it's around 1600.
I'm currently looking Bardonecchia webcams and on 1600 m altitude there is no snow. Above picture is taken from above 2000. I was skiing there twice and I know those ski slopes still pretty well as it is not very big resort.
Here in Slovenia fresh snow begins at approximately 2300 m.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM   #28834
keber

Quote:
Beat that (when I was in Vietnam in 2007) - around 1000 km:
Private car to railway station (Hue), train (to Hanoi), taxi (to otherside of Hanoi), bus (to Ha Long), motobike (to the port), ship (to island Cat Ba) and another motobike (to hotel - final destination). There was also some walking included, even through caves - and all that with a broken leg.

bogdymol, Penn's Woods liked this post
Old November 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #28835
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
I'm currently looking Bardonecchia webcams and on 1600 m altitude there is no snow. Above picture is taken from above 2000. I was skiing there twice and I know those ski slopes still pretty well as it is not very big resort.
Here in Slovenia fresh snow begins at approximately 2300 m.
Ok. I looked at a page where the webcam was placed in a google map, apparently it was misplaced. I thought it was a little too low to have that kind of snow.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #28836
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2102

Quote:
Bus to Turin bus station, bus to airport, plane to Frankfurt, plane to Stuttgart, S-Bahn to Stuttgart train station, train to Karlsruhe, S-Bahn and bus to KIT campus. That's 8 means of transportation in one day.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 11:10 AM   #28837
keber

Good. However in my case just the train ticket was bought regular, everything else was arranged on-site with negotiations (with price drops up to 50%) and with no idea what the next type of transport will be or how many transport will be altoghether.
I admit that all this was done in 30 hours and not 24 which was still very fast for Vietnam standards at that time.
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #28838
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
bus, tram, metro, train, plane (and then again bus, train, car after that). does that count? that's my usual way to reach El Prat from my friend's house in Barcelona.

or: bus, tram, metro, train, cog railway, funicular - that's the way to reach Montserrat from her house.
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:13 PM   #28839
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

My record is only four: coach (intercity bus), metro, commuter train and bus, done just started 2011.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #28840
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I got train, underground, plane, bus, underground, ferry in one day. (UK to Sweden and ferry to Helsinki)

JackFrost liked this post
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways