daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #28941
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

What is happening there? A revolution?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #28942
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Something in Hungarian.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:36 PM   #28943
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
MSN Messenger. Myspace. Netlog. Regular e-mail. Those were used in the internet dark age.
icq. somebody remembers it yet?
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #28944
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Too new. Even before I've got my first e-mail account (which is still my primary mail) I used IRC. And of course BBS.
Currently I'm without my mobile because it was stolen unfortunately. I feel like abandoned and completely forgotten from the rest of the world already for the second day as I don't have a fixed telephone line in my apartment.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:41 PM   #28945
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
icq. somebody remembers it yet?
Yeah. I started with ICQ, then went on to Yahoo messenger. Then MSN came and MySpace started to be a revolution. Skype introduced itself as a highly unreliable software gadget from Estonia until it started replacing MSN. Then Facebook and Twitter came, and before we knew what was happening we are letting our lives being run by Facebook, Google and Skyscraper****incity...

Penn's Woods liked this post
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #28946
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Too new. Even before I've got my first e-mail account (which is still my primary mail) I used IRC. And of course BBS.
Currently I'm without my mobile because it was stolen unfortunately. I feel like abandoned and completely forgotten from the rest of the world already for the second day as I don't have a fixed telephone line in my apartment.
irc was really dark age it was only for tough guys
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #28947
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
However did we manage without it in the Dark Ages?! Like, 2007....
we had ICQ.... sadly nobody of my friends uses it anymore. Btw. those were times... I had 300 Slovak crowns and we spent whole night drinking and eating with my classmates. It is approximately 9,95 € now and it adds up to barely three shots. No Facebooks, no people attached to their screens.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #28948
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
You, sir, are supposed to have a fully working smartphone available to you so you can moderate this joint on the go. You are perfectly aware of this. I expect you to go to the store first thing in the morning and get it sorted!
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:50 PM   #28949
keber

New phone is already ordered and will be (hopefully) delivered tomorrow. Some job bureaucracy (as my number is in ownership of the company where I work) prevented things to sort out already today.

Road_UK liked this post
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #28950
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
New phone is already ordered and will be (hopefully) delivered tomorrow. Some job bureaucracy (as my number is in ownership of the company where I work) prevented things to sort out already today.
just curious: you didn't have some tracking app installed where you could find its location using gps?
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #28951
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
What is happening there? A revolution?
I don't think so. However, I, too, am very curious about what will happen. People are protesting against corruption.

The political situation in Hungary is very difficult now. A few weeks ago broke out a giant corruption scandal. The USA banned several leading political personalities, the chairman of Hungarian Tax Office, Ildikó Vida, was included. Apparently the tax office itself controlled a giant tax evasion. Companies owned by political leaders were favored, and som American companies were put at a disanvantage.
And now many people think: why should I pay tax if our leading politicians don't? Many people think (and I think they're right) the current government is very corrupt.
However, on the other side, many, and really many people (several friends of mine included) think that this whole issue about taxes and corruption is not true, but a big lie of the US. André Goodfriend, deputy ambassador of the USA in Budapest* is now the No.1. public enemy of Hungary. He's accused by organizing demonstrations in order to remove the national government and drive Hungary under American rule.

So, if many people think the government of Orbán is the best we could have, and the USA is our greatest enemy that tries to rule over Hungary, while on the other side several millions, too, think that the governemnt is corrupt, and the USA tries to restore democracy in Hungary... it is quite impossible to have peace and order.

* Goodfriend is officially charges d'affairs. However, there is currently no American ambassador in Budapest so as a matter of fact he's been leading the embassy for more than a year, he is the de facto ambassador.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #28952
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
I don't think so. However, I, too, am very curious about what will happen. People are protesting against corruption.

The political situation in Hungary is very difficult now. A few weeks ago broke out a giant corruption scandal. The USA banned several leading political personalities, the chairman of Hungarian Tax Office, Ildikó Vida, was included. Apparently the tax office itself controlled a giant tax evasion. Companies owned by political leaders were favored, and som American companies were put at a disanvantage.
And now many people think: why should I pay tax if our leading politicians don't? Many people think (and I think they're right) the current government is very corrupt.
However, on the other side, many, and really many people (several friends of mine included) think that this whole issue about taxes and corruption is not true, but a big lie of the US. André Goodfriend, deputy ambassador of the USA in Budapest* is now the No.1. public enemy of Hungary. He's accused by organizing demonstrations in order to remove the national government and drive Hungary under American rule.

So, if many people think the government of Orbán is the best we could have, and the USA is our greatest enemy that tries to rule over Hungary, while on the other side several millions, too, think that the governemnt is corrupt, and the USA tries to restore democracy in Hungary... it is quite impossible to have peace and order.

* Goodfriend is officially charges d'affairs. However, there is currently no American ambassador in Budapest so as a matter of fact he's been leading the embassy for more than a year, he is the de facto ambassador.
Wait, what?

It's moments like this that I feel like isolationism wasn't that bad....

Whatever the issues are there, it's Hungarians' right and their responsibility to work them out. That's sort of what democracy actually means.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Last edited by Penn's Woods; November 17th, 2014 at 11:20 PM.
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #28953
keber

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
just curious: you didn't have some tracking app installed where you could find its location using gps?
Yeah I installed that sort of an app however telephone was turned off as soon as it was stolen and up to now it was not turned on yet according to the tracking app. I believe telephone will be reformated (rooted) before it could send any useful location data.
At least I had automatic backup of personal data including all contacts. Those clouds are really useful in such cases.
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:22 PM   #28954
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I was on Facebook in 2007...
By the way, please remember to use condoms.

Where did that came from ?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #28955
Road_UK
BANNED

Some advert for condoms.
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:31 PM   #28956
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Yesterday i watched Indian condom commercial and it's ******* hillarious.I am on my phone ,so i can't send you a link.
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:44 PM   #28957
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Yeah I installed that sort of an app however telephone was turned off as soon as it was stolen and up to now it was not turned on yet according to the tracking app. I believe telephone will be reformated (rooted) before it could send any useful location data.
At least I had automatic backup of personal data including all contacts. Those clouds are really useful in such cases.
i thought it worked in turned-off condition too
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #28958
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Here it is:
Old November 17th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #28959
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

So the internet tax was just a temporary cover up to distract people from the corruption scandal?

Послато са ZTE Blade Q Mini уз помоћ Тапатока
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #28960
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigic View Post
So the internet tax was just a temporary cover up to distract people from the corruption scandal?

Послато са ZTE Blade Q Mini уз помоћ Тапатока
Very common and spread method.

We have free of charge train travelling for students to 26 and elderly people over 65 since today. Applicants have to ask for special travelling card and before journey, they have to purchase a 0,00 € ticket. :nuts
People in economic productive age are really p***ed off. Our railway company even rented the old discarded cars from Czech railways.

Btw. free rail travelling in Slovakia is applied to all people within EU28. So, if you fulfil the conditions, you are welcome.

The taxes raise is left unnoticed.

Last edited by volodaaaa; November 18th, 2014 at 12:05 AM.
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways