daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:18 PM   #29201
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I wondered what would happen when Gangnam Style hit 2147483647 views on YouTube. It finally happened, and it crashed the video counter.

In other news, I'll be doing a roadtrip for a good cause . I'll be going to the far West of Aragon .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:07 PM   #29202
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

The Far West? Santiago de Compostela?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:10 PM   #29203
CNGL
Leudimin

There's a spoiler. It's only 200 km (sorry, 125 miles) from me .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:20 PM   #29204
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Ah. Don't get lost.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old December 4th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #29205
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I wondered what would happen when Gangnam Style hit 2147483647 views on YouTube. It finally happened, and it crashed the video counter.

In other news, I'll be doing a roadtrip for a good cause . I'll be going to the far West of Aragon .
Google already solved the bug:
https://plus.google.com/+youtube/posts/BUXfdWqu86Q
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #29206
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Mental age in this thread is plummeting.
I don't feel very comfortable in here any more
I also took my life more and more serious until some years ago. But now I feel much better when I make some childish stupidities. It's better for your mental health even if you don't think so.

Jasper90, Penn's Woods liked this post
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #29207
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post
Have you tried Austrian (actually German, but also used in Czech Republik and in Austria) appellations (qualitatswein mit pradikat) beerenauslese, trocken beerenaslese or eisewein?

By the way, my favourite are Tokaji Aszu. Sadly, there is no very wide choice of that delicious wine in the UK. Actually, only Waitros and M&S sell them in quite high prices, relatively 23 pounds for 1/2 litre of 9 year old Aszu 5 and 27 for 13 year old Aszu4. It was also available in Morrisons until recently in really good price (17 pounds) but I think I was only person buying it, so they cut the price by 3 and sold it out.

Well, to be at least a little on topic, it's probably worth to mention that Tokaj region is divided by Slovak-Hungarian (formerly Czechoslovak - Hungarian border demarcated after treaty of Trianon) border and both sides have rights to produce Tokaj, called alsoTokajské.
The Italian region of Friuli used to produce a white wine called Tocai, that is pronunciated like the Hungarian Tokaj but it wasn't related to it. Hungary sued Italy at the European Court of Justice because the name of the Italian wine was too similar to their and it sounded like a violation of trademark Since then, we were forced to rename the Tocai in Friulano on bottle labels. Because, according to some, a name that had been in use for centuries only because it's coincidentially similar to another, it's a serious danger for their businesses
Meanwhile, in Canada they produce a ham called San Daniele (imitation of the famous San Daniele DOP from Italy) and we can't do nothing.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old December 5th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #29208
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

we will see, it's been big debate in Canada because of CEUTA free-trade agreement (I hope it passes, I want to save 2.5% import duty on my next Audi A5 or BMW )

They even sell "greek yogourt" but it is made domestically. I think it is already agreed the Canadians will put some kind of modification to meet the EU protected origin rules... but still no free market for dairy products (Canada lives under communism for dairy goods )
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 05:28 AM   #29209
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Free trade with a small Spanish enclave on the north coast of Africa?

Ahem. I apologize.

----------

So I see from the e-mails I'm catching up on that the Black Friday concept (in English, yet) has spread to France and other places....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old December 5th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #29210
italystf

In Europe they already collected over a million of signatures against the free trade agreement with USA and Canada. The argument is that North America has less severe laws concerning food safety (i.e. they allow GMOs and wash chicken meat with bleach).
Old December 5th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #29211
italystf

Violent fighting for a parking space in Petrozavosk, Russia.
http://www.ilmessaggero.it/PRIMOPIAN.../1017730.shtml
Old December 5th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #29212
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
In Europe they already collected over a million of signatures against the free trade agreement with USA and Canada. The argument is that North America has less severe laws concerning food safety (i.e. they allow GMOs and wash chicken meat with bleach).
At least we can tell the difference between beef and horsemeat. (but seriously....)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL

volodaaaa liked this post
Old December 5th, 2014, 05:51 PM   #29213
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

Filthy hypermarkets. They have been selling advent calendars since september and now, few days after advent begun, when we celebrate st. Nicolaus' day, there are none of them.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #29214
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #29215
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

I hate when mad drivers look at you.
From some reason i think that they want to kill you
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #29216
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Filthy hypermarkets. They have been selling advent calendars since september and now, few days after advent begun, when we celebrate st. Nicolaus' day, there are none of them.
I haven't had an Advent calendar since I was a wee little thing. Not sure they're that widely known here.

Think I saw some at Ikea about a month ago.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old December 5th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #29217
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
this happens to me almost every morning with the same car. i have 3 traffic lights while traveling to work. there is black VW Golf that overtakes me (although i am already above speed limit), always drives incredibly offensive, and i catch him always if there is red on traffic lights.
Old December 5th, 2014, 06:54 PM   #29218
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
The Italian region of Friuli used to produce a white wine called Tocai, that is pronunciated like the Hungarian Tokaj but it wasn't related to it. Hungary sued Italy at the European Court of Justice because the name of the Italian wine was too similar to their and it sounded like a violation of trademark Since then, we were forced to rename the Tocai in Friulano on bottle labels. Because, according to some, a name that had been in use for centuries only because it's coincidentially similar to another, it's a serious danger for their businesses
Meanwhile, in Canada they produce a ham called San Daniele (imitation of the famous San Daniele DOP from Italy) and we can't do nothing.
there was an issue with your prosecco and our prošek you have been complaining, but we succeeded to keep our name. furthermore, those two products are not even close to each other, one it sparkling wine, the other one is wine liqueur or dessert wine.

on the other hand, i was astonished when after joining EU we couldn't declare as marmalade anything except citrus made marmalade. the other's are declared as jam now, what is absolutely wrong imo.
Old December 5th, 2014, 07:20 PM   #29219
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
I haven't had an Advent calendar since I was a wee little thing. Not sure they're that widely known here.

Think I saw some at Ikea about a month ago.
Guess who have an Advent calendar .
Old December 5th, 2014, 07:26 PM   #29220
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
there was an issue with your prosecco and our prošek you have been complaining, but we succeeded to keep our name. furthermore, those two products are not even close to each other, one it sparkling wine, the other one is wine liqueur or dessert wine.

on the other hand, i was astonished when after joining EU we couldn't declare as marmalade anything except citrus made marmalade. the other's are declared as jam now, what is absolutely wrong imo.
Linguistically is perfectly correct. Marmalade: citrus, jam: anything else. Also my English teacher at high school used to say that.

Tags
highways, motorways