daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 1st, 2009, 03:17 PM   #2981
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Likes (Received): 26

I've checked the manual and it clearly states a session is limited to 2GB, as you said. I'll be taking numerous sessions if neccessary. Do you know what's the best software to compress .MOV files to a more friendly format? (.AVI?)
Majestic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM   #2982
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I've used Quicktime Pro edition, to convert MOV to standard AVI (not free, but maybe "free") and then MS Windows Media Encoder (free) to compress it into WMV.

To place it onto youtube, I think you don't need any converting.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:40 PM   #2983
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

http://www.media-convert.com/

this works fine to me
Old February 1st, 2009, 05:41 PM   #2984
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Thanks for the support guys!
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:47 AM   #2985
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3454

Lol, Look my new username.. I actually prefered another name so I will ask again about that..
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM   #2986
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

First you didn't like "Nielsiej13", now you don't like your now one?

Today I have to hand in my "profile workpiece", by the way. A final project for high school?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM   #2987
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Let's hope it will turn out to be a masterpiece

But seriously, what exactly is that "profile workpiece"?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:22 PM   #2988
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

It's a very direct translation of "profielwerkstuk". It's a paper related to the education profile you're following. It's the most important paper in high school.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM   #2989
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

So that's some kind of a project? Is it somehow related to the final high school exams, like Abitur in Germany?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:03 PM   #2990
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19426

When I was in High School, about 5 years ago, it was a rule when you didn't get a 6+ (scale 0 - 10) on your profile paper, you cannot proceed to the final exams.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:21 PM   #2991
Majestic
Systematic Chaos

Seems harsh. Here you don't need any projects or papers to pass, you simply attend final exams in subjects you chose straight away and you only need 30% score to pass and graduate from high school, which is pretty lame IMO. However, passing these exams is one thing and getting into a good uni is a completely different story.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM   #2992
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

You mean 'Matura' exam ?

Here when you have A Level examination, you do it from 3 subjects, most of decent universities require As and Bs (As preffered likely)... in scale A*- F. So I have to do well in this year in order to have easier with getting good grades in next year.
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM   #2993
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

30% is very low, everyone can do that. It's 50% here, or 60% for languages. We also had to do a seminar work (some 30 pages), I had psychology and did a seminar work on suicides.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM   #2994
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Well, if you ask me, I think it's interesting topic

Those who are going to universities ? Where you want to study. I'm definetely not coming back to Poland, so I will do it here... I can't decide where I want to, I will try to choose relatively close, North of England is reasonably dense urban area so here are quite a lot of Higher Education institutions. I would like to study something like criminal justice... or politics with criminology ? I
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #2995
Timon91
Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
When I was in High School, about 5 years ago, it was a rule when you didn't get a 6+ (scale 0 - 10) on your profile paper, you cannot proceed to the final exams.
I can get an "o", a "v" or a "g", standing for "onvoldoende" (insufficient), "voldoende" (sufficient), and "goed" (good). You need a v or a g to proceed to the final exams. However, when you have an o they will probably give you another chance to enhance it, because it's quite a harsh rule. In the new system you get a real mark (1-10) and the average mark of this project and social and political studies must be higher than a 5.5 in order to proceed to the final exams.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:48 PM   #2996
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
First you didn't like "Nielsiej13", now you don't like your now one?

Today I have to hand in my "profile workpiece", by the way. A final project for high school?

Well, I've already send a pm to Jan about a week ago, that if he changes my username, I want another one then I mentioned in the annual change the username thread.. Good luck with your profile workpiece I got a 8,5 for that! Subject: Stadsontwikkeling in Heerenveen
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM   #2997
Timon91
Error

Thanks

I think that mine will be sufficient, because the teacher was happy with what we had handed in in December (first draft). Since then, we added several high-quality pages, so I'm quite happy with it. We have 65 pages in total
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM   #2998
Ni3lS

Wow.. I think we had about 8 pages of paperwork. And a map we drawed. And some sketchup renders ( about 60 ) on my USB stick..
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:58 PM   #2999
Timon91
Error

An 8,5 for 8 pages - must have been some high quality work

Of those 65 pages, only 54 are for the real core piece. 8 pages are added appendices, and we have a preface, a table of contents, and a front page
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM   #3000
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Something offtopic ...

What this licence plate represents (from Poland - there are some Polish forumers around)?

(yes, car is parked wrong, around my apartment block this is normal, sadly)
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways