daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 19th, 2015, 11:54 AM   #30101
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,260
Likes (Received): 18313

I guess this map was done by men, they done differentiate to many colors
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2015, 12:02 PM   #30102
TommyLopez
Registered User
 
TommyLopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague
Posts: 93
Likes (Received): 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
Isn't "roboty" like Slovak word for working, maybe they mistranslated and they have 100% work experience with working
Yep, I was thinking about the same In Slovak, 'work' = 'robota'
TommyLopez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #30103
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,088
Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
When did the UK annex the Faeroes? :-)
The Faroes should've been annexed by Egyptian pharaohs.
__________________
take a ride on slovenian highways

El Tiburon liked this post
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 03:05 PM   #30104
volodaaaa
Registered User
 
volodaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Posts: 3,244
Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLopez View Post
Yep, I was thinking about the same In Slovak, 'work' = 'robota'
It had no sense either.
__________________
Been/drove my car in: SK, CZ, D, A, H, PL, I, F, E, RSM, CH, FL, SLO, HR, SRB, BiH, MK, GR, BG, RO

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 03:07 PM   #30105
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,250
Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The Faroes should've been annexed by Egyptian pharaohs.


---------

Seriously, how can Sweden have the "most Internet users"? Must be per capita...
__________________
I didn't vote for him....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 05:22 PM   #30106
Surel
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,702
Likes (Received): 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
It had no sense either.
It could be true, that per capita there are the most robots used. At least in one industry, ant that is the car industry as Slovakia makes most cars per capita on the planet.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 06:39 PM   #30107
El Tiburon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 738
Likes (Received): 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyLopez View Post
Yep, I was thinking about the same In Slovak, 'work' = 'robota'
Robot comes from "robotnik" meaning "worker".
El Tiburon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #30108
Hank Hodinky
Registered User
 
Hank Hodinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prague
Posts: 52
Likes (Received): 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tiburon View Post
Robot comes from "robotnik" meaning "worker".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot#Etymology
Hank Hodinky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 07:57 PM   #30109
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,460
Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post


---------

Seriously, how can Sweden have the "most Internet users"? Must be per capita...
Of course.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #30110
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,187

New bogdymobile:



manufactured in 2012, first registered summer 2013
1.6 L diesel, 50000 km
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

cinxxx, ChrisZwolle, keokiracer, x-type, Verso and 8 others liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 10:06 PM   #30111
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,474
Likes (Received): 3448

welcome to the Ford club
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...

bogdymol liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:03 AM   #30112
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vladicin Han
Posts: 4,240
Likes (Received): 4063

@x-type What car do you drive?
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:06 AM   #30113
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,088
Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputevi kao hobi View Post
@x-type What car do you drive?
Zastava 10.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:15 AM   #30114
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vladicin Han
Posts: 4,240
Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Zastava 10.
Probably not Peugeot 407,which is piece of shit
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:21 AM   #30115
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,088
Likes (Received): 4752

Watch your mouth, young man. Why is Peugeot 407 a piece of shit? It's served me just great by now.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:24 AM   #30116
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vladicin Han
Posts: 4,240
Likes (Received): 4063

'Cause i said so
EDIT: That was a joke

Last edited by Autoputevi kao hobi; January 20th, 2015 at 12:33 AM.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 12:36 AM   #30117
Surel
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,702
Likes (Received): 2156

I ponder over a puzzle. How to get a wild driver stop his car on a motorway if he is not willing to.

Around a year ago there happened a following situation in CZ. A underage teenager stole a car from his father. The father then called police and the pursuit on the motorway began.

The police was chasing the teenager for over one hour. Finally they decided to stop the traffic on the motorway and assumed that the boy would stop in the traffic jam. Unfortunately the guy smashed his car into the jammed cars killing himself in the process and one other person was seriously injured in the accident.

I thought about what possibilities the police has in such a situation. I thought about that the best way would be to divert the traffic from the motorway and then block the exit short time before the rampage driver comes. The pursuit is faster than the rest of the cars on the motorway. Once the police pursuit gets in front of the remaining traffic, it should have completely empty motorway and it could build a block some 5 kms from the exit.

The problem is that the exit would need to have enough capacity to allow everyone leave the motorway, while not causing a traffic jam. That is highly unlikely. So far for an ideal situation.

So what are the alternatives? And what is the most secure one?
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 01:49 AM   #30118
El Tiburon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 738
Likes (Received): 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I ponder over a puzzle. How to get a wild driver stop his car on a motorway if he is not willing to.

Around a year ago there happened a following situation in CZ. A underage teenager stole a car from his father. The father then called police and the pursuit on the motorway began.

The police was chasing the teenager for over one hour. Finally they decided to stop the traffic on the motorway and assumed that the boy would stop in the traffic jam. Unfortunately the guy smashed his car into the jammed cars killing himself in the process and one other person was seriously injured in the accident.

I thought about what possibilities the police has in such a situation. I thought about that the best way would be to divert the traffic from the motorway and then block the exit short time before the rampage driver comes. The pursuit is faster than the rest of the cars on the motorway. Once the police pursuit gets in front of the remaining traffic, it should have completely empty motorway and it could build a block some 5 kms from the exit.

The problem is that the exit would need to have enough capacity to allow everyone leave the motorway, while not causing a traffic jam. That is highly unlikely. So far for an ideal situation.

So what are the alternatives? And what is the most secure one?
Most secure way is to stop the vehicular chase on the highway and do it with a helicopter following the car so that the interceptopn can be done in a safe area without harm to innocent drivers or bystanders.
__________________

Surel liked this post
El Tiburon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 04:07 AM   #30119
Surel
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,702
Likes (Received): 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tiburon View Post
Most secure way is to stop the vehicular chase on the highway and do it with a helicopter following the car so that the interceptopn can be done in a safe area without harm to innocent drivers or bystanders.
So you mean, wait till the car runs out of gas. Good idea.
__________________

El Tiburon liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 05:55 AM   #30120
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,250
Likes (Received): 781

It is bound to happen eventually....
__________________
I didn't vote for him....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium