daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2015, 12:04 AM   #30501
pasadia

Likes (Received): 1934

More likely there are some interested in re-establishment of the Dacian Kingdom.

You know, those are the ones who considers that latin is a form of "dacian" language.

Last edited by pasadia; February 11th, 2015 at 11:47 AM.
pasadia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:43 AM   #30502
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Quote from today's La Repubblica (major Italian newspaper):

Quote:
Tigers in circus, that, according to laws must be kept in cages at least 8 square meters big, had been found in cages that were only 3 x 3 meters.
According to hungarian law inhabitants of a retirement home need only 6m^2 for living...
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 04:16 AM   #30503
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Filthy Romanians, I bet they want to re-establish the Romanian Empire
I love the Romanian Empire
Old February 11th, 2015, 05:04 PM   #30504
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

Since when it's been official

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 05:35 PM   #30505
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 780

Key word, "considers." And that screen cap's* been floating around for days. Always count on CNN to make the most dramatic headline possible out of a story and slap it on a banner. And on people on Internet forums to freak out.

There is not a single word about the Ukraine (or Russia, or Putin, or whatever) on the front page of today's New York Times. That's called "context." And if we're going to start freaking out about the Ukraine on this thread, I'm going to need to check out for a bit.

*Or screen caps like it...I haven't noticed that "pro-U.S." before, and it's exaggerated to say the least.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 06:12 PM   #30506
volodaaaa

It was just a joke (I am personally tired of Ukraine topic). But point to Russia actually, that is accusing US of being part of the conflict. Which is pretty ridiculous because Russia takes part in this conflict too (I know it has not been proven true, but group of paramilitary troops can't resist professional army of one of the biggest countries in Europe).

Penn's Woods liked this post
Old February 11th, 2015, 06:21 PM   #30507
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

You know, in the weeks and months after 9/11, there was a bank around the corner from where I work that always had CNN on the TV. And whenever I passed on the way home and glanced at the screen and saw "breaking news," I'd stop to see what was up. Until I realized that EVERYTHING was breaking news with them....

I never watch CNN.

BBC World News for international, MSNBC for domestic, France24 or TV5Monde for recent events in France.... (I even get Russia Today, in English, but I wouldn't watch them.)

I spent way too much time last year going through bouts of depression because it was non-stop, Cold War-level crisis. Until I realized that (1) no one's rushing into anything (how many times do we need to hear Obama rule out war?) and (2) even if something did happen, the time frame on this is such that it could drag on like this for years. So I'm trying to live my life and tune it out....

Now, anyone have a new subject? Differences between the Ukrainian and Belarussian versions of the Cyrillic alphabet, perhaps?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

volodaaaa liked this post
Old February 11th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #30508
volodaaaa

They are some But another fun fact is that Belarus is one of the most flat countries in Europe. I think only Lithuania is more flat (except microstates and islands).

Old February 11th, 2015, 07:06 PM   #30509
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Oh, talking of cable TV sort-of new channels, I know we have at least one Jon Stewart fan who's a regular on this thread... It was announced yesterday he's leaving the Daily Show. No reason given and I don't remember when it happens.

Keoki may well already know this, though....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old February 11th, 2015, 07:07 PM   #30510
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
They are some But another fun fact is that Belarus is one of the most flat countries in Europe. I think only Lithuania is more flat (except microstates and islands).
Andorra, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Monaco aren't all that flat, actually....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old February 11th, 2015, 07:11 PM   #30511
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Andorra, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Monaco aren't all that flat, actually....
yeah. and neither are islands, which are regullary very mountainious areas. (at least in Europe)
Old February 11th, 2015, 07:13 PM   #30512
bogdymol
bogdymod

This looks like the trailer of an action movie, but it's actually just a presentation video of Dubai's Police cars.

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 07:26 PM   #30513
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
yeah. and neither are islands, which are regullary very mountainious areas. (at least in Europe)
I was referring to Malta and Vatican.

Old February 11th, 2015, 09:09 PM   #30514
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
It was just a joke (I am personally tired of Ukraine topic). But point to Russia actually, that is accusing US of being part of the conflict. Which is pretty ridiculous because Russia takes part in this conflict too (I know it has not been proven true, but group of paramilitary troops can't resist professional army of one of the biggest countries in Europe).
We all know that USA and EU are financing and supporting the Ukrainian army and pro-western political and paramiliary groups, while Russia is supporting and financing Novorossija separatists.
The main goal of the West is to include Ukraine in the NATO and possibly in the EU. This would allow the USA to estabilish military bases near the Russian border. Russia, otherwise, wishes to include all the former Soviet countries in its sphere of influence, basically recreating the Soviet Union.
This international situation is similar to that before 1989.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

volodaaaa liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 09:10 PM   #30515
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Now, anyone have a new subject? Differences between the Ukrainian and Belarussian versions of the Cyrillic alphabet, perhaps?
Maybe Road UK is interested.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 09:11 PM   #30516
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
We all know that USA and EU are financing and supporting the Ukrainian army and pro-western political and paramiliary groups, while Russia is supporting and financing Novorossija separatists.
The main goal of the West is to include Ukraine in the NATO and possibly in the EU. This would allow the USA to estabilish military bases near the Russian border. Russia, otherwise, wishes to include all the former Soviet countries in its sphere of influence, basically recreating the Soviet Union.
This international situation is similar to that before 1989.
All right; I'm outta here. You can enjoy your fearmongering and conspiracy theories without me.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Last edited by Penn's Woods; February 11th, 2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old February 11th, 2015, 09:17 PM   #30517
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Where are you going?
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 09:20 PM   #30518
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
How about my latest prey? A road atlas of France no less .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 09:21 PM   #30519
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Now he shows up....

(That's for Road_UK)

I actually remember "before 1989." I lived through years of "before 1989." I'd rather take in as little as possible of "Before 1989 II" and what I do take in should be from people who have some idea of what they're talking about.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old February 11th, 2015, 09:30 PM   #30520
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Key word, "considers." And that screen cap's* been floating around for days. Always count on CNN to make the most dramatic headline possible out of a story and slap it on a banner. And on people on Internet forums to freak out.

There is not a single word about the Ukraine (or Russia, or Putin, or whatever) on the front page of today's New York Times. That's called "context." And if we're going to start freaking out about the Ukraine on this thread, I'm going to need to check out for a bit.

*Or screen caps like it...I haven't noticed that "pro-U.S." before, and it's exaggerated to say the least.
I would rather say that for most of the people, especially in Europe, was the key word: pro-U.S.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways