daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2015, 02:03 PM   #31601
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Another issue is that bottled water need to be carried with trucks, that pollute air. Where I live (100-150km radius) there are some good mineral water spring that produce bottled water. I don't see why our supermarkets have still to sell brands from Central Italy. Not to mention European water in North America.
I drink Franconian Well which is bottled about 100km away. I would never buy a brand from "far away" (except abroad where I just select a random one).

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #31602
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I drink Franconian Well which is bottled about 100km away. I would never buy a brand from "far away" (except abroad where I just select a random one).
I do that as well. When I'm in Brescia I drink Monte Maniva (70 km away), while when I'm in Turin I drink Pian della Mussa (60 km).

I read recently that American astronauts in the International Space Station drink Pian della Mussa water, while Russian ones drink water from Collegno, also very close to Turin.

http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/s...nk-waters-iss/
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 04:20 PM   #31603
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I thought it was ever Czech up to now.
Did you also think Radenska was Czechoslovak until 1993?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 07:53 PM   #31604
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
I don't know about other countries so well but in Estonia tap water goes through rigorous testing, including different chemicals, organic matter etc. The regulations concerning tap water are a lot stricter than those concerning bottled water so the unknown factors are actually greater when drinking bottled water.
Yes but the fact that testing of tap water is validated for human consumption doesn't mean that there is nothing in it, it just means that it is in lower quantities that the maximum amount set before it becomes very dangerous to drink it... But once again, these values are determined for each chemical alone, we don't what they can do to our organism when they are togethey and what can be the trues effects in few years/decades...

Regulations protects peoples for the risk of pathologies that can appears immediatly after exposition, not in the future. This is why we still can buy fruits and vegetables with tons of pesticides, chemicals, conservatives because they are not harmfull for us imediatly after consumption (even if we very well knows at what big risks these chemicals are exposing you (cancer for most of the. This is exactly the same with water.

Quote:
Besides, bottled water sits on shelves for weeks if not months. Tap water is always fresh.

The reasons for not drinking tap water are mainly psychological, especially since a large part of bottled water actually comes from - you guessed it - tap water.
Yes, it's true, it's a good point for tap water, but only unless your tap water is not chlorinated or ozoned because in this case this is also a "dead" water...

It depends of your point of view on the question. I drinked during all my childhood tap water in my small village, the water was very good, comming from a fresh spring into the nearest forest and with absolutly no pollution and not treatment. This kind of water is certainly the best, but in my point of view, you can hardly say the same about a water that come from rivers with much human activity all around...

Quote:
You also can't get around the fact that producing bottled water is incredibly wasteful and bad for the environment.
Absolutly! But after all, isn't that going very well with our time, we are wasting absolutly everything right now... So I would say that this fit very well in our time and it's sadly only a small part of it!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 08:09 PM   #31605
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Did you also think Radenska was Czechoslovak until 1993?
I don't remember much from Czechoslovakia, especially about mineral water brands But it somehow sounds Czech to me. And I saw Radenska advertisements solely in CZ TV stations.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #31606
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Old May 15th, 2015, 10:49 PM   #31607
volodaaaa

You can will make it. It would be deserved

winnipeg liked this post
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:00 PM   #31608
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

I have little hopes. Canada plays really great hockey this year. But It would be bananas.

Thanks anyway! Next time Slovakia!
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 12:35 AM   #31609
volodaaaa

I think you have forgotten the fact, Hungary promoted to elite group But we will host the 2019 IHWC which is nice.

Btw. I was in Ostrava last week. The atmosphere was great. Unfortunately we lost to Norway.

nbcee liked this post
Old May 16th, 2015, 12:47 AM   #31610
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I do that as well. When I'm in Brescia I drink Monte Maniva (70 km away), while when I'm in Turin I drink Pian della Mussa (60 km).

I read recently that American astronauts in the International Space Station drink Pian della Mussa water, while Russian ones drink water from Collegno, also very close to Turin.

http://www.spacesafetymagazine.com/s...nk-waters-iss/
Same here. I always pick Veri (Which is bottled about 120 km away from here) for the country house. However, at home I drink tap water.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 06:22 PM   #31611
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18300

Greetings from the ferry from Meersburg to Konstanz
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2015, 06:57 PM   #31612
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
I have little hopes. Canada plays really great hockey this year. But It would be bananas.

Thanks anyway! Next time Slovakia!
I is a pity. Who know how would have that regular goal influenced psychics if referee had accepted that regular goal in Canadian net. On the other hand, the Canadian performance... unstoppable rolling train.

Surel liked this post
Old May 16th, 2015, 10:55 PM   #31613
bogdymol
bogdymod

Greetings from Prague, CZ.

Today during game time you couldn't find a table free in any pub/restaurant with a TV here. Everyone was watching the game.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

cinxxx, winnipeg, Surel liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2015, 12:09 AM   #31614
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Greetings from the ferry from Meersburg to Konstanz

Konstanz is a beautifull city and I like the lake! (When I travel from France to Romania I always pass in Konstanz)
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2015, 12:17 AM   #31615
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Bodensee - Lake Constance. Lac Léman - Lake Geneva. Vierwaldstättersee - Lake Lucerne. Funny how those aren't really translations but really have different origins.

When I was in Switzerland for the first time I didn't know what Genf and Sitten were. I heard them on the radio but they don't sign exonyms on Swiss motorways. They are posted as Genève and Sion (the actual names).

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

winnipeg liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2015, 01:03 AM   #31616
volodaaaa

Interesting LGBT tolerance map:

To me: I don't mind homosexuals as I have two good friends who are not actually straight. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one. I don't mind two gay guys kissing (to be frankly, I don't enjoy it). But you know, it is like a song,

... if you hear it first time, it is catchy, nice and you like it. But when your radio starts playing it every half an hour, you will start slowly hate it.

I still did not get why are some gay (especially LGTBI) people considered so exclusive. There is many other "minorities" who are really handicapped in most of things and don't have that strong background (eg. blind people, people on wheelchair). You will hardly read in any travel guide how is the city and its facilities disabled-people-friendly. But you will surely find there about the gay tolerance. Weird.

P.S. I've got a friend who is on wheelchair. There is only one disabled-people-friendly restaurant in Bratislava. Sad.

cinxxx, Alex_ZR liked this post
Old May 17th, 2015, 05:08 PM   #31617
volodaaaa

A lady crashed Lamborghini yesterday on D1 motorway near Brno, CZ. "Honey, your favourite dinner is done and I am finally ready for [insert whatever] sex."

winnipeg liked this post
Old May 17th, 2015, 06:24 PM   #31618
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Interesting LGBT tolerance map:

To me: I don't mind homosexuals as I have two good friends who are not actually straight. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one. I don't mind two gay guys kissing (to be frankly, I don't enjoy it). But you know, it is like a song,

... if you hear it first time, it is catchy, nice and you like it. But when your radio starts playing it every half an hour, you will start slowly hate it.

I still did not get why are some gay (especially LGTBI) people considered so exclusive. There is many other "minorities" who are really handicapped in most of things and don't have that strong background (eg. blind people, people on wheelchair). You will hardly read in any travel guide how is the city and its facilities disabled-people-friendly. But you will surely find there about the gay tolerance. Weird.

P.S. I've got a friend who is on wheelchair. There is only one disabled-people-friendly restaurant in Bratislava. Sad.
I agree, LGBT people can do whatever they want in every field of life (job, studying, sport, leisure, travel,...), exactly like straight people. The only obstacles they encounter are cultural (intolerance from homophobe people), not practical.
Moreover, in the overly-corrected modern Europe, if you say things like "marriage is one man and one woman", they say that you are an intolerant, homophobe, racist, nazi, fascist,... If a member of the LGBT community badly insults the religion practiced by most citizens of that country, then it's good satire. So, religious-based intolerance seems more acceptable than sex-orientation-based intolerance.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2015, 07:27 PM   #31619
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Libreland's president Mr Jedlička has again been arrested

http://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/p...vi/820419.aspx
Old May 17th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #31620
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

It's not easy running a country you know
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote