daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2015, 07:49 PM   #31621
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiga View Post
It's not easy running a country you know
btw, this guy is real liberal: he is always in the media, trying to run his state, trying to make something happening in it... the Polish guy from the other one at the west (the "kingdom" one) is real king: i doubt if he ever visits his kindgom he has just left it to exist. there probably will be a plebiscite in year or two when people will oust the king and establish the republic. if there will be any citizens.

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2015, 12:13 AM   #31622
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

My roadtrip this weekend
http://goo.gl/maps/3s5Ra
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 03:34 PM   #31623
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I agree, LGBT people can do whatever they want in every field of life (job, studying, sport, leisure, travel,...), exactly like straight people. The only obstacles they encounter are cultural (intolerance from homophobe people), not practical.
Moreover, in the overly-corrected modern Europe, if you say things like "marriage is one man and one woman", they say that you are an intolerant, homophobe, racist, nazi, fascist,... If a member of the LGBT community badly insults the religion practiced by most citizens of that country, then it's good satire. So, religious-based intolerance seems more acceptable than sex-orientation-based intolerance.
Because the Bible can be quite intolerant and insulting in the first place.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 04:15 PM   #31624
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The Bible is intolerant. In the very first sentence you can read: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth", instead of "In the beginning the heavens and the earth began somehow to exist, and you are free to think about it what you want".
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 04:34 PM   #31625
Verso
Islander

That book would be called Astronomy for beginners, not Bible.
Old May 18th, 2015, 05:57 PM   #31626
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The Bible is too much depending on how people read it, some can understand that you should kill somebody that is different and who don't follow the same religion than you, and other can see in it a message of peace!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 06:00 PM   #31627
winnipeg

Also about religions and homosexuals, it's interresting to notice that French protestant church has decided yesterday to authorise same-sex marriage!

http://www.english.rfi.fr/france/201...-gay-marriages

(I personaly believe that this is a great step foward for accepting which is, after all, just love! )
Old May 18th, 2015, 07:11 PM   #31628
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I don't think Highways & Autobahns is the best place to discuss such things

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

bogdymol, winnipeg, piotr71 liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 07:55 PM   #31629
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

I think the discussion goes in very polite manner.

To me: I think homosexuals are basically discriminated in two ways:
They can't inherit without will and they have no access to health condition of their partner. All countries should change it. However it is not only the matter of homosexuals, but heterosexuals too. I live with my GF for 5 years and basically are discriminated that way too. On the other hand we can plan a wedding.

If a homosexual feels offended by a picture of family or heterosexual couple, he is on the level of feminazi. This is not the right way how to make society respect them.

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #31630
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
My roadtrip this weekend
http://goo.gl/maps/3s5Ra
And have you calculated your fuel cosumption? I did with the roadtrip I made in mid-April, and came up with 5.6 liters per 100 km, or 42 miles per gallon.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #31631
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
And have you calculated your fuel cosumption? I did with the roadtrip I made in mid-April, and came up with 5.6 liters per 100 km, or 42 miles per gallon.
We drove with my gf's Fiat 500. Average was around 6L/100 km
Old May 19th, 2015, 05:45 PM   #31632
Bzyq_74

Likes (Received): 253

I'd like to know about roadside rest areas:
Romania - motorway A1 (Pecica) - here
or
Hungary - motorway M43 - here
I'll be going in August and I'll plan my rest in that area.
Are there some bars to eat dinner, etc.?
Bzyq_74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2015, 06:21 PM   #31633
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Does any of you have experience with car rental in BiH?

I booked a flight to Tuzla for a weekend in July (Wizzair has promotion today) and I want to drive to Sarajevo.
It's either a 3 hour bus ride which seems to cost around 10€ per person (so would be around 40-50€ for both of us roundtrip), or just rent a car and drive there.

I tried sixt and Europcar, but 120-150€ seems kind of expensive. There are other companies listed on the website of Tuzla airport, but I have no idea about them (Perfect, Intercar, Autobravo, JetSet, Nipex)
Old May 19th, 2015, 07:09 PM   #31634
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzyq_74 View Post
I'd like to know about roadside rest areas:
Romania - motorway A1 (Pecica) - here
or
Hungary - motorway M43 - here
I'll be going in August and I'll plan my rest in that area.
Are there some bars to eat dinner, etc.?
This rest area on M43 is empty, it's basicly just parking with free toilets, nothing else.

And on A1 the rest area near Pecica is still in construction (it was the case last month) and I believe that it will be the same kind of area. And there is also the same kind of area on A1 between Arad and Timisoara.

Please note that when the highway should be fully open (this summer, they announced for july), there will be not gas station or bars/eat dinners from Szeged until the end of the highway in Timisoara....

I hope that they will soon build something on the highway...

Bzyq_74 liked this post
Old May 20th, 2015, 04:21 AM   #31635
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post

A lady crashed Lamborghini yesterday on D1 motorway near Brno, CZ. "Honey, your favourite dinner is done and I am finally ready for [insert whatever] sex."
what is he inserting?
Old May 20th, 2015, 10:04 AM   #31636
Bzyq_74

Likes (Received): 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
This rest area on M43 is empty, it's basicly just parking with free toilets, nothing else.

And on A1 the rest area near Pecica is still in construction (it was the case last month) and I believe that it will be the same kind of area. And there is also the same kind of area on A1 between Arad and Timisoara.

Please note that when the highway should be fully open (this summer, they announced for july), there will be not gas station or bars/eat dinners from Szeged until the end of the highway in Timisoara....

I hope that they will soon build something on the highway...
Thanks for the quick reply

winnipeg liked this post
Bzyq_74 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 01:56 PM   #31637
Verso
Islander

I've just seen a scooter in Ljubljana with a license plate of the Dominican Republic!
Old May 20th, 2015, 03:02 PM   #31638
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I ordered a new dashcam, the Mini 0806. It is much smaller than my current 'Scott'. It allows 2 x 32 GB memory cards, which is more convenient on long trips (32 GB means just over 4 hours of footage at 1080p).

I got the 'Scott' dashcam in early 2013, so it served me for over two years. Back in 2012-2013 they weren't as common in western Europe.

I take a netbook with me on long trips, so I can load the footage onto a hard drive instead of having to buy a dozen memory cards. The problem is that the netbook has only a USB 2 port, which means transferring 32 GB takes over an hour. But I don't feel like spending € 1000 or more on a laptop I will only use a few weeks a year. The netbook was only € 300. Last year I got over 400 GB of footage. And I only film interesting stretches (some people do loop recording, I don't care about that).
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2015, 03:26 PM   #31639
winnipeg

I personaly use a small Mobius as dashcam. It is basicly a cheap sport cam without screen, but it works very very well as a dashcam and it is very very discreet and I palced it behind the rearview mirror so I completly forget it when I drive!

I put inside a 128GB Sandisk memory card (which cost me around 60€, more than the camera itself (50€)! ) and it works pretty well, it can record in 1080p during 16 hours without interruption!

The true strength of this small camera is his comunity which is very active and continue to update it even if the camera is getting old. And the software (for PC) comming with it is excellent and have many parameters usefull for a dashcam use, like for example auto-start recording when the camera is connected to an external power, auto-stop, it can delete the old videos when the SD is full so even with a small SD you can record without stop and only stopping when you have recorded something interesting...

And also the video quality is good (way better than many dashcam sold at a more expensive price! (example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPDQNwMJ7g )

And there is also plenty of moddings for this camera, like you can disassemble the lens from the camera so you can have an "unvisible" camera like this for example : https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/thread...24/#post-72433
Old May 21st, 2015, 01:58 AM   #31640
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I ordered a new dashcam, the Mini 0806. It is much smaller than my current 'Scott'. It allows 2 x 32 GB memory cards, which is more convenient on long trips (32 GB means just over 4 hours of footage at 1080p).
Good luck with it, I've read of a lot of bugs in the software and such on the 0806. Apparently they were common enough for some providers to just stop selling them, because they were too unreliable.
That was about a month ago, maybe they've had some new software updates.

Also, Chris, just so you know. Those 2x 32GB. You can even fit 2x 128 GB in there

edit: apparently it's still very unstable. They've apparently decided to soon put the 0807 on the market, which is basically the 0806 with some bugs-removal. They want to ditch the 0806 because it has bad reputation. At least, that's what an importer of the cams is telling me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
And also the video quality is good (way better than many dashcam sold at a more expensive price!
The Mobius does not have GPS, unlike many of its competitors. So you can't really 1-on-1 compare them price-wise.
But it's certainly a good cheap cam

Last edited by keokiracer; May 21st, 2015 at 02:04 AM.
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways