daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 25th, 2015, 05:17 PM   #32021
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

I don't know... I feel the handicapped parking spaces are not efficiently utilised
There are so many, it is like we just fought WW II and lost

If someone who needs the space can't use because someone who doesn't need it used it, it is very bad. But if someone uses the space for a few minutes when otherwise would be empty, I can't see the problem...

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2015, 08:29 PM   #32022
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

But with this kind of "logic", peoples with no morale will use these spaces like a "normal" parking and there will be no more space for disabled people who needs it...

For me these places are fine, and as a non-disabled person, I consider that I can walk few meters more, this will not be too dificult for me...

bogdymol, italystf liked this post
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:04 PM   #32023
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Disabled parking spaces should be scattered around the territory, in a way that a disabled would always have one close to his destination. Having 3 or 4 of them next each other makes no sense.
And of course, misuse of disable spaces is not justifiable. Doen't matter if nobody is using it at the moment, but it needs to be available as soon as someone needs it. Same for bus stops and spaces reserved to taxis, public official or emergency vehicles.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

winnipeg liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:22 PM   #32024
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
But with this kind of "logic", peoples with no morale will use these spaces like a "normal" parking and there will be no more space for disabled people who needs it...

For me these places are fine, and as a non-disabled person, I consider that I can walk few meters more, this will not be too dificult for me...
Several times I have seen non-disabled drivers at parking spot designated for disabled people. Despite no marking, the driver indeed looked disabled - mentally.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #32025
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19422

I got another fine from France. € 45 for driving 91 in a 90 zone on a motorway...

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Autoputevi kao hobi, cinxxx liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:31 PM   #32026
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I got another fine from France. € 45 for driving 91 in a 90 zone on a motorway...
The 3 % +- rule does not apply here?

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:31 PM   #32027
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasiasmr View Post
Hi All,

I am doing project about new motorways, expressway sections and local roads/ bridges/ roundabouts in some countries, in :
- Italy,
- France,
- Switzerland,
- Austria,
- Russia
- Turkey.

I am searching for informations about roads which have been open to traffic since 2013 to present and new roads with “under construction” status which will be open in future.
I don’t know any official web-pages about infrastructure in those countries so I would like to ask about your help to complete information about new roads with source link of project, pictures, approximate opening date to traffic and maps if it is possible to locate it. Any known information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
We have this thread:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...14&postcount=1

It can help you little bit.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #32028
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
The 3 % +- rule does not apply here?
They do calibrate their measurement for measurement errors, but they also send out fines from 1 km/h over the speed limit. The uncalibrated measured speed was 96 km/h. The minimum fine is € 45, whether you drive 1 km/h or 19 km/h over the speed limit.
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:38 PM   #32029
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

clearly, you should drive 18 km/h faster
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:40 PM   #32030
ChrisZwolle
Road user

And get 30 instead of 2 fines? No thanks.

The amount of speed cameras along French roads is quite high. The Netherlands has reduced the amount of fixed speed cameras significantly (I don't think there's even one remaining on the motorway network), but they do have a lot of mobile checks.
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:45 PM   #32031
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Quote:
I've never got a speeding ticket in Germany and I don't really obey the speed limit, usually i drive +10...20. But about France I heard from many people...
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:50 PM   #32032
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I also haven't gotten a speeding ticket in the Netherlands for years. But 3 in France so far... Always for only 1 - 5 km/h over the limit.
Old June 25th, 2015, 09:51 PM   #32033
winnipeg

Quote:
And get 30 instead of 2 fines? No thanks.

The amount of speed cameras along French roads is quite high. The Netherlands has reduced the amount of fixed speed cameras significantly (I don't think there's even one remaining on the motorway network), but they do have a lot of mobile checks.
And you should think that you also have the mobile mobile radars in France in addition to that : normal cars with cops inside who are inside the traffic and can catch you if you go over it too fast or even if you are coming too fast in face of that car...

They looks like that :

(The infrared flash (that you can't see) is hidden behind the plate of the car )

We certainly have the highest level of repression in all over Europe and it gives us the real feeling that this is more to bring cash for our state than fight killing on the road (and the last statistics sadly seems to go in that way as the number of killed on road in France has been higher in the last months despite all this... )
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:43 PM   #32034
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I also haven't gotten a speeding ticket in the Netherlands for years. But 3 in France so far... Always for only 1 - 5 km/h over the limit.
Hm, I haven't seen many speed cameras in France. I think almost none at all. How long does it took until you got the fine? I drove there > 4 weeks ago, do you think I'm safe now? (I heard that it can take almost one year when it happened abroad, e.g. Italy). Well, I "sometimes" drove 10..20 over the limit...

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:48 PM   #32035
bogdymol
bogdymod

I usually drive up to +10 km/h. I was in France in last year with my Romanian-registered car and I tried not to exceed the speed limit +5 km/h, as I saw there were a lot of speed cameras. Until now I haven't received anything at home.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:49 PM   #32036
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I got the last 3 fines (September & June) within 2 weeks. But perhaps there's no agreement with the German department of motor vehicles yet.

Most speed cameras are on state-owned roads and motorways. These tend to be randomly signed in advanced or not at all. Speed cameras on toll motorways are fewer in number and usually signposted in advance.
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:50 PM   #32037
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
4 nuclear plants:

1- Latina (near Rome)
2- Garigliano (near Naples)
3- Trino Vercellese (near Turin)
4- Caorso (near Milan)
Germany decommissioned 28 reactors(!), 1 reactor will be closed by the end of June**. 8 are still in operation. 4 reactors are already demolished (2 of them in Lower Franconia which were experimental nuclear power stations only).

** also in Lower Franconia, estimated demolision costs: 1.2 billion €.

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old June 25th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #32038
MichiH

Quote:
Speed cameras on toll motorways are fewer in number and usually signposted in advance.
Ah, I almost exclusively drove on toll motorways. Hmmmmm, so I already paid

Old June 25th, 2015, 10:55 PM   #32039
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I usually drive up to +10 km/h. I was in France in last year with my Romanian-registered car and I tried not to exceed the speed limit +5 km/h, as I saw there were a lot of speed cameras. Until now I haven't received anything at home.
Maybe it's harder for them to find you as romanians who are overspeeding in France should be very little (the most important are certainly the spanish an german drivers I think...)

But the only europeans who are really "protected" against these radars are the dansih, english and irish (no collaboration with other europeans countries).
Old June 25th, 2015, 11:11 PM   #32040
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Ah, I almost exclusively drove on toll motorways. Hmmmmm, so I already paid
Yes you paid the private companies who own them and who stole our motorways! (France has lost 9 billion Euros by privitising the motorways due to our corrupted politicians... this is such a scandal. And now we are paying a very high price to use these motorways and the private companies who own it makes huge profit, bigger and bigger every year... )

Tags
highways, motorways