daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2015, 11:15 PM   #32541
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I already complained about that some time ago, but nobody replied me. Sometimes I get lucky and I can reach this subforum, mainly when I have my mobile phone connected to Wi-Fi at home. Anyway, this is only a tiny part of my activity of the forum, I only 'live' post in Spanish subfora.

Also, it has been reported by some forumers (including me) that when you stay in a page for too long and then you reply, often it results in a 'You don't have permission to access to this page' error, which is frustrating when you have written a long post. When I suspect this will happen, I copy the post, and if this happens I reset the app and paste it again.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2015, 11:55 PM   #32542
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

it seems that they don't care about app too much. in iPhone that app is complete disaster. on Andrioid it is little bit better, but also this subforum doesn't work
Old August 31st, 2015, 12:34 AM   #32543
MattiG

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
it seems that they don't care about app too much. in iPhone that app is complete disaster. on Andrioid it is little bit better, but also this subforum doesn't work
Most of these apps providing "a mobile view" to something fall into the following two categories:

1) Lousy
2) Lousier
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2015, 02:05 AM   #32544
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21249

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Who uses the Skyscrapercity app? I can't load the Highways & Autobahns forum via the app. It keeps loading until a server error pops up. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but it doesn't help. I can open other sub forums without any problems.
I can open it from my list of "subscribed forums".
Old September 2nd, 2015, 12:40 AM   #32545
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

As mobile version of SSC works almost flawlessly in browser I don't care much about mobile app. And yes, H&A subforum is inaccessible for me too.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 01:26 AM   #32546
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

I prefer the web-based version too. It works perfectly.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 05:31 PM   #32547
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

i still hate using browser on smartphone. that's why they have invented the apps.

winnipeg liked this post
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 06:28 PM   #32548
volodaaaa

I hate it too. But SCS works flawlessly somehow.

Old September 2nd, 2015, 07:07 PM   #32549
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21249

the gap between mobile web browsing and app is shrinking. After Google started downgrading websites without mobile enhacements, many/most sites got serious about improving their mobile versions.

winnipeg liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2015, 11:54 PM   #32550
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

How to leave a small parking space

“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:40 PM   #32551
Xpressway
Experto

Likes (Received): 4049

I will drive from NYC to Washington D.C in 2 weeks, super excited about it!
"Prices are important not because money is considered paramount but because prices are a fast and effective conveyor of information through a vast society in which fragmented knowledge must be coordinated."

Thomas Sowell
Xpressway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2015, 10:47 PM   #32552
bogdymol
bogdymod

This also count as a road video, doesn't it?

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #32553
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Since Sunday the Danish police estimate that about 1150 asylum seekers have arrived in the country. About 300 of them are gone,
that is to say, the Danish authorities do not know where they have gone. The Police believe that individuals have driven them further through the country.

The question is if it is illegal to pick up refugees as hitchhikers?, I dont see that it's illegal to do that unless you try to hide them when you cross a border.

The Customs Service has arrested five people suspected of trafficking on the Öresund Bridge yesterday and last night. Reportedly, they have taken 14 people in their cars. Aftonbladet has been in contact with the Customs Service, referring to the police.
- We do not really recognize the information that five people were arrested this night. We keep on looking at the data. But we have a number of cases of suspected human smuggling going on since yesterday and last night. There are individuals driving to Austria, among other places, picking up people. There is a law that controls this, it's is not allowed, said police press officer Ewa-Gun Westford Aftonbladet.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2015, 11:41 PM   #32554
volodaaaa

It is not good to start that topic here.

But to be honest: once you cross the border of your country that is involved in war or is totalitarian, you are not refugee anymore but immigrant (provided you would like to travel further). That status is fully legitimate and nobody should blame you. On the other hand you should obey some laws (e.g. don't cross borders illegally) because it brings only negative (legal) consequences.

In current situation the refugees are making their situation harder than it could be, because they are illegals and if you decide to help them, you could be accused of trafficking. We can agree trafficking is despicable and inhuman.

So I would not stop for them. Or if I wanted to help them anyways, I would asked them to show me their passports.

Old September 8th, 2015, 11:59 PM   #32555
italystf

I've once heard a story of an Italian guy who spent a night in prison (in Italy) because he have given a lift to an Albanian citizen that had no permission to stay and was researched for drug trafficking. The guy was in good faith (he though that he was a tourist), but, yet, he went into troubles.
I never pick up any stranger from the road, doesn't matter where is from. Not only for this reason, but also because he may have a gun or knife and rob me.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old September 9th, 2015, 12:09 AM   #32556
italystf

According to a well-known Italian newspaper, Iceland is one of the smallest countries in Europe with an area of only 100 square km.
Old September 9th, 2015, 08:17 AM   #32557
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I've once heard a story of an Italian guy who spent a night in prison (in Italy) because he have given a lift to an Albanian citizen that had no permission to stay and was researched for drug trafficking. The guy was in good faith (he though that he was a tourist), but, yet, he went into troubles.
I never pick up any stranger from the road, doesn't matter where is from. Not only for this reason, but also because he may have a gun or knife and rob me.
Yes. In Denmark it's illegal to pick them up, even if you only want to give them a short lift within the country.

The problem is that leftwing activists help them with transport although it's illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
According to a well-known Italian newspaper, Iceland is one of the smallest countries in Europe with an area of only 100 square km.

Yes, many people even scandinavians underestimate the size of Iceland, which is significantly larger than Switzerland and about as big as the Czech Republic, Hungary or Ireland.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 11:15 AM   #32558
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

españia , what language is it?
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 02:17 PM   #32559
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I wonder the same.

Also, it's now Hungary in Hungarian and Magyarország in English?
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:12 PM   #32560
KøbenhavnK

Likes (Received): 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
But to be honest: once you cross the border of your country that is involved in war or is totalitarian, you are not refugee anymore but immigrant
The highway between Germany and Denmark is closed at the moment. Hundreds of immigrants including small kids are walking to Sweden- a very long walk.

Danish police have to register them as asylum seekers in Denmark or return them to Germany. But they refuse to get registered. Everybody wants to go to Sweden.

In the East of the country there are three trains full of immigrants that refuse to leave the trains. They want to go to Sweden. Train service between Germany and Denmark is halted. At least for today.

This really sucks. Couldn't they just take a ferry from Germany to Sweden when they don't want to stay in Denmark anyway?

But of course they've traveled all the way across Europe and not a single country has taken the rules seriously and registered them- so no wonder they can't understand what's suddenly happening.
KøbenhavnK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways