daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 12th, 2015, 12:02 PM   #32581
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Street View imagery around Bari has been updated.
Enjoy it

https://www.google.it/maps/@41.09701...7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.it/maps/@41.09838...7i13312!8i6656
(you can even read the plate!)
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Kanadzie, KøbenhavnK, Jasper90 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2015, 10:58 PM   #32582
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

this is so... so... Italian

I love it, from the trash dumping, 3 wheeled truck to the sexy lady on the plastic chair

In Germany you would never see any of that!
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:10 PM   #32583
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post

I love it, from the trash dumping, 3 wheeled truck to the sexy lady on the plastic chair

It's a roadside prostitute, you will probably find them in Germany too.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:12 PM   #32584
Kanadzie

true but Italian ones are better looking
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:57 PM   #32585
italystf

In Germany brothels are legal, prostitutes pay taxes, retirement contributes and undergo mandatory medical controls.
In Italy due to catholic-leftist-feminist political overly correctness, brothels are illegal and prostitutes are on the street and exploited by the mafia. A large share of those girls aren't native Italians, but recent immigrants often exploited by criminal syndicates from their counties,
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Kanadzie, Highway89, Jasper90 liked this post
Old September 13th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #32586
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post

You probably wouldn't love them if you had that crap in your neighborhood. Of course that's not routine in Italy, it's mainly a thing in some bad parts of large cities. You will probably see the same in some districts of New York, London, Paris, Madrid,...
I may even consider to send an email to Bari municipal council with the link of the guy illegally dumping waste and his license plate visible. Maybe it will make to the news: "illegal traffic of special waste discovered through Google Street View". That's quite ironical, as usually Street View blurs plates in normal traffic situations, but forgot to blur just that one that is the evidence of a crime!

Alex_ZR, Mirror's Edge, Jasper90 liked this post

Last edited by italystf; September 13th, 2015 at 12:14 AM.
Old September 13th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #32587
Mirror's Edge
Free the Nordic people!

Likes (Received): 2643

Do it!
Mirror's Edge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #32588
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

- edit
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 11:57 AM   #32589
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13172

There's no evidence on that picture that he is dumping waste. He is just standing by the car. May be he is collecting the waste instead. That might be his defense.
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2015, 11:54 PM   #32590
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

I've got the same kind of sad feeling when I first saw all the poor girls that you can see accross the big roads in Romania, so sad...

I also find the germans and austrian "brothels" better as they offer safety to girls and better "work" conditions and also health checking, etc... but this is a complex topic, banning prostitution is an interesting idea, but in the way that most of countries are doing it now, it is surely the wrong way (the only one that is happy in this situation is the mafia who litteraly control the girls )
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2015, 01:37 AM   #32591
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
It also quite strange in such "catholic and conservative" country like Poland that this situation is permitted and tolerated.

In fact, "brothels" are tolerated in Poland (well, officially it's still forbidden), but a "joy women" can work for herself in "agencje towarzyskie" (brothel, lit. sociable agencies ), they are plenty of them all over the country. Prostitution in Poland is legal but is not well regulated as it is, per ex. in Germany, authorities knows little about the sex-workers, and there is none or little control, nor do they pay taxes. Meanwhile, they are mostly Polish girls (according to a study).
Also in Italy, brothels are illegal and pimping is a criminal offence. However, prostitution is not illegal itself and prostitutes cannot be prosecuted, unless they commit indecent exposure in public. Going with a prostitute is legal too, as long as she's at least 18 y.o. (remember, Silvio? )
However, some municipalities, to fight the problem, issued municipal ordinances to ban that activity along the streets. Near Treviso they even posted specific road signs (search the 'Unusual road signs' thread, they're somewhere).
Unlikely most people think, in the conservative and religious Italy brothels were legal until 1958, when a female Italian politician decided to outlaw them in the name of the rising of the 'women's emancipation'. That law, instead, gave a huge business opportunity to the mafia, like did alchool prohibition in interbellum America.
Old September 15th, 2015, 01:45 AM   #32592
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
I've got the same kind of sad feeling when I first saw all the poor girls that you can see accross the big roads in Romania, so sad...

I also find the germans and austrian "brothels" better as they offer safety to girls and better "work" conditions and also health checking, etc... but this is a complex topic, banning prostitution is an interesting idea, but in the way that most of countries are doing it now, it is surely the wrong way (the only one that is happy in this situation is the mafia who litteraly control the girls )
I personally doesn't support prostitution, I would never be a customer of that service, but since banning it would be a pure utopy, it's better to regulate it, in order to make it the least socially harmful possible. Same with other things, like alchool, tobacco or gambling.

winnipeg liked this post
Old September 15th, 2015, 05:02 PM   #32593
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

greetz from the stoneage. we have completely banned prostitution.
Old September 15th, 2015, 11:27 PM   #32594
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1755

The major problem of prostitution is the fact it is hardly verifiable:

I sleep watch fairy tales with girl I've been dating for year = is ok.
I sleep play videogames with girl I've been dating for two days = is ok.
I sleep solve crosswords with girl I've just met at disco = is ok.
The girl I've just met at disco told me she will have sex play lego with me if I buy her a drink tea = is ok.
The girl I've just met at disco told me she will have sex with give me an ice cream if I give her 50 € = is (i know, relatively) ok.
The girl standing at roadside I stopped by told me, she will have sex with me show me the directions if I give her 100 € = is illegal prostitution.

Pimping and brothels are something else. It is readily verifiable.

EDIT: for motorways as hobby

Last edited by volodaaaa; September 16th, 2015 at 10:37 PM.
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:24 PM   #32595
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
The major problem of prostitution is the fact it is hardly verifiable:

I sleep with girl I've been dating for year = is ok.
I sleep with girl I've been dating for two days = is ok.
I sleep with girl I've just met at disco = is ok.
The girl I've just met at disco told me she will have sex with me if I buy her a drink = is ok.
The girl I've just met at disco told me she will have sex with me if I give her 50 € = is (i know, relatively) ok.
The girl standing at roadside I stopped by told me, she will have sex with me if I give her 100 € = is illegal prostitution.

Pimping and brothels are something else. It is readily verifiable.
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:27 PM   #32596
Kanadzie

OMG you're not supposed to read that kind of thing

MichiH, x-type liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:37 PM   #32597
volodaaaa

I've fixed it.

bogdymol liked this post
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:49 PM   #32598
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
show me the directions
Wow. Sounds like "teach me the ins and outs"... That's X-rated

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

volodaaaa liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2015, 10:56 PM   #32599
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Wow. Sounds like "teach me the ins and outs"... That's X-rated

I can't make out a situation you would stop at roadside to do something that does not sound ambiguous.

Old September 16th, 2015, 11:04 PM   #32600
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Me too. That means, everything happening at roadside is illegal prostitution (except in Germany ).

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways